Become a Patron!

Need Help with Coffee Recipe

VapingBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey all,

I mixed my first batch of coffee juice. I am a coffee fanatic. Its been steeping for 2 days and that's why it probably isn't where I would like it. I had one of the local Vape Shops try it. Here is what he told me. It is a bit bitter and the coffee is pretty strong. I am guessing it still needs to steep for a full week or so. I am trying to get a nice relaxing cup of joe in a vape. I call it Morning-Relaxation.
Here is the ingredients:

Nic base is 50/50 100 mg.
Nic target is 12 mg
PG/VG = 50/50
Coffee (TFA) 4%
Hazelnut (TFA) 4%
Vanilla (TFA) 3%
Milk (TFA) 5%
Total Flavor = 16%
Batch size = 10 mil

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't help ya with the TFA stuff but... If your really a coffee fanatic do yourself a favor and get some Flavor Art Espresso, it's the bomb. HIC has posted lots of really good recipes in the recipe section here.

Slvrdragin41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My favorite vapes are coffees and tobaccos. I've read extensively about coffee recipes. HIC has some exceptional coffee/shake/Starbucks type recipes in this forum. A lot of people don't like TFA coffee clear because it has a skunky taste. I actually like a little bit that skunky bite. Here is my personal recipe that I worked months on:
Espresso (FA) 1%
Coffee clear (TFA) 3%
Caramel (CAP) 2%
Vienna cream (FA) 1%
Marshmallow (FA) 1%
7-leaves (FA) 2%

This has been in my ADV rotation for months. See what you think. Any recommendations are welcome.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've not worked with those TFA flavors, but I wonder if the hazelnut is adding bitterness? Of course, the only way to reduce that, other than making a new batch, would be to dilute it down with base.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're such a coffee fanatic, you should try FA coffee instead which is much better. While TFA is more like American coffee, FA is more like Italian real coffee.

There are no stupid batteries, just stupid people.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
+1 for FA espresso...I bought 15 flavors and ran out of that first.. had to recently buy more..bought a 10ml bottle this time.

My recipe is a bit more simple i suppose

3% espresso (FA)
1.5% vienna cream (FA)
.5 % cream fresh (FA)

Add .5% FA coconut for a tiny hint of it

Slvrdragin41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you're such a coffee fanatic, you should try FA coffee instead which is much better. While TFA is more like American coffee, FA is more like Italian real coffee.

I LOVE fa Espresso, but haven't tried their coffee. I'll put that on my wish list for next order :)

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I LOVE fa Espresso, but haven't tried their coffee. I'll put that on my wish list for next order :)
Actually FA have Espresso, Cappuccino and Tiramisu (coffee based desert)

VapingBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks Guys, looks like I am going to focus on FA flavors when my 20+ TFA flavors run out lol.

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavour Art and Inawera are my top choices, but I still searching notes that are missing.

Worst coffee I tried was by Flavour West (flat and burnt).

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes and yes. Totally check out HIcs coffee recipies.

I know there is a recipie floating around call smooth morning kick. It's totally yummy, but all the ingredients are needed. I tried to adapt and shift and it wasn't just right. The flavor I was trying to cheat with tiramisu FA (booster). Apparently you can't do that.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INW has a new Espresso which is pretty good and not too strong, I started off with 2.5% stand alone and I am sure I bumped it up to around 3.5%. Vaping it right now after 4 days steeping and am enjoying the light coffee flavor. Coffee is a tough one, I have about 6 different coffee flavors and some are just junk. I made a nice Caramel Macchiato with Hangsen of the same name and a touch of INW Cappuccino, the later being good at lower percentages.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been vaping on a bottle my son got me called 'Cup of Joe' by OFE/old fashion elixers. I love it. When I vape it I get coffee and at times I get an awesome chocolate type coffee. I keep my Atlantis filled with it at all times. I have been looking for a clone or something close with no luck. I am thinking that it has tiramisu in it. It is so good! I would really be interested to see what you come up with!!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@kimsmm you gave me an idea to mix up my INW Espresso and Mocca testers into the same tank. The Mocca is overwhelming the Espresso which was helpful to know so I can make adjustments to the %'s when I mix up a fresh batch. I am thinking 3% Espresso and 1% Mocca with maybe a couple drops of Marshmallow to sweeten up a bit.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@kimsmm you gave me an idea to mix up my INW Espresso and Mocca testers into the same tank. The Mocca is overwhelming the Espresso which was helpful to know so I can make adjustments to the %'s when I mix up a fresh batch. I am thinking 3% Espresso and 1% Mocca with maybe a couple drops of Marshmallow to sweeten up a bit.
What brand is Mocca?- I have the Espresso but never used it. This will be an experiment for me. Athough the Espresso at 3% sounds a little high to me. :coffee2: I'd be breathing fire out my mouth with each hit. LOL- I'm gonna try it at 1.5%. I will test it out tomorrow, at my kid's nap time.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What brand is Mocca?- I have the Espresso but never used it. This will be an experiment for me. Athough the Espresso at 3% sounds a little high to me. :coffee2: I'd be breathing fire out my mouth with each hit. LOL- I'm gonna try it at 1.5%. I will test it out tomorrow, at my kid's nap time.

Are you talking about FA Espresso? I know that one is super concentrated and yeah, I would gag with 3% ;) I was talking about Inawera Espresso and Mocca, I just got them in a few weeks ago.

VU Sponsors