Become a Patron!

Need help with my setup!

Hello all I have a few questions, mainly regarding my current set up, and what I can do to improve my overall experience. (Replacing pieces, etc)

My current issue is switching from Hookah to Vape. The headrush is the main thing I prefer from Hookah. I smoke Tangiers so the transition has not been easy. I currently have a vape set up, however it burns often, so I am looking for a way to alleviate the harsh hits, while improving the nic headrush. I currently have a Telsa Mod 3 with Aspire Cleito tank . My Nic content ranges from 6mg up to 12mg. I mix with some 0mg to dilute a bit to make the vape session a little less harsh up front, but then I gradually increase the nic content as I go along to get "fuller" feeling hits. How can I reduce the harsh hits in the beginning, while keeping the nic content up help with headrush? Do I need to look into wattage changes? Better tank? Switching to RTA? (Yes, huge clouds would help improve the experience as well. :)) From what I can see, I cannot change the levels on my Tesla Mod.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Welcome to the VU!
I'm pretty new around here too so I might not be the greatest of help but I'll try :)
I'm not personally familiar with your mod but 150w should be plenty enough power. From what your describing I'm thinking you'd be best off trying a RDA preferably with a nice sized build deck so you have enough space. I just started using the Scottish wicking method and it works really really well for the way I vape. I love the hits and flavor of a RDA but I don't like having to drip every 2 seconds. Using larger sized coils with this wicking method has given me a happy medium to where I can vape strong for longer periods of time without having to keep dripping.
As I said though I'm new around here so I'm sure others will come along with much more experienced advice.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I find that there is a sweet spot for vaping, where the wattage is not too high and not too low. Too low and you won't get a satisfying hit. Too high and you risk getting harsh and/or "burnt hits". Also know that 6mg and up of nicotine can be too much even for those of us who used to smoke two packs a day (at least in my experience).

Good luck and welcome to the forums!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hello all I have a few questions, mainly regarding my current set up, and what I can do to improve my overall experience. (Replacing pieces, etc)

My current issue is switching from Hookah to Vape. The headrush is the main thing I prefer from Hookah. I smoke Tangiers so the transition has not been easy. I currently have a vape set up, however it burns often, so I am looking for a way to alleviate the harsh hits, while improving the nic headrush. I currently have a Telsa Mod 3 with Aspire Cleito tank . My Nic content ranges from 6mg up to 12mg. I mix with some 0mg to dilute a bit to make the vape session a little less harsh up front, but then I gradually increase the nic content as I go along to get "fuller" feeling hits. How can I reduce the harsh hits in the beginning, while keeping the nic content up help with headrush? Do I need to look into wattage changes? Better tank? Switching to RTA? (Yes, huge clouds would help improve the experience as well. :)) From what I can see, I cannot change the levels on my Tesla Mod.
I would suggest getting a variable wattage mod. That is an unregulated mod, with protections. So it's firing at battery voltage, and your coil resistance determines the output. You need to know ohms law to determine what that is. You may likely be pushing more power than that tank/coil can efficiently wick and handle.

Again, I would look into a Variable Wattage Mod. There are tons on the market, many affordable options, and then you can control your power in order to tailor in your vape. You may still find a tank like a Smok TFV8/12 is more suited to you, but I think you need to be using something that you have control over your wattage. Good Luck!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My mistake -- I didn't realize that they were using an unregulated mod. I agree, they should get a Variable Wattage mod and go from there.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My mistake -- I didn't realize that they were using an unregulated mod. I agree, they should get a Variable Wattage mod and go from there.
Yeah, It's kinda misleading I suppose since it offers short circuit and battery voltage protection... but your rolling with voltage. It would be ok with some tanks, but is probably not the best for that. Plus with a rebuildable, I don't think it will display resistance, which is a problem for someone new to building.

They are cool mods, just a tad more of an advanced user item IMO.

VU Sponsors