Become a Patron!

Need help with smok tfv4 and tvf8 baby beast

Fairly new to vaping and still learning all the ins and outs of the mod and its features / settings.
Im currently using a Smok Alien 220 with a tfv4 tank, and the sextuple coil 0.41 ohms.
Had pretty good experience so far, but it burns up juice really fast. Not too big a deal. I usually run it at 70-80watts.
I recently bought the tfv8 baby beast. The mod shows the coil ohms at 0.17 ohms.. i primed the coils and filled the tank. The first hit popped and crackled hot juice at my lips. I tried lowering the watts , nothing. I tried a different coil, basically the same results.
I've never had any problems with the tfv4, so why am i having problems with the tfv8?
At the moment (with the tfv4) when i vape, the display reads as follows:
Volt - 5.839
Ohms - .412
Amps - 14.18
Mode - watt
Pcb °C - 30°C

The batteries im using are green Samsung 18650

Are these readings looking correct? Is it safe?
Like I said before, im still learning all this stuff, so just mainly checking if these readings are good, and also why the baby beast is spitting like crazy.
Any info or help would be awesome.

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tom try this with a new coil. Prime the coil and fill the tank. Let it sit for a few minutes to make sure the wick is saturated. If I remember correctly the T8 coil at .15 ohm should have a watt range of 50 to 110, it should be etched on the outside of the casing on the atomizer. Now DON'T fire it yet. Drop the wattage on your mod to around 40. Take a couple of hits at 40, then bump up to 42 then, couple more hits, 44, 46, and so on until you get to the wattage you want to vape at, or it starts spitting again. What your are doing is breaking in the coils. Just firing them right off at higher wattages can create hot spots on the coil(s) that will cause popping and spitting. This should help, if not then you've got other problems. As far as the display with the TFV4 set up, looks fine to me. Should be safe as kittens.

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
These coils are so damn unpredictable and vary constantly ... I've had nothing but bad luck with them: leaking, burnt hit, duds. I don't even bother anymore. Just use the rebuildable deck that comes with it and get some coils. Better flavour and longer lasting, plus you should have no tech issues - as long as you place your coil right and wick it right. There are plenty of tuts on YouTube. Once you do it a few times it's super easy.

Just make sure you remember to clean the coil regularly and re- wick. Also not very difficult.

Just my two cents :)

Best of luck!

VU Sponsors