Become a Patron!

Need help with Smok Vape Pen 22

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bought this for 20 bucks to use as a back-up device. Still a noob so please excuse me.
I think I have a wicking issue but don't know how to correct. First few days it worked OK, got a lot of spitting and juice up in the drip tip, adjusted my draw down a bit and seemed fine. Then dry hits and the coil burned up. Put in a new coil, primed and let soak for 20 minutes, all is well, same thing only....that didn't take long...1/2 day with little use.
Thanks for any help.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello? Hello? Hello?
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone at home?
Come on now
I hear you're feeling down
Well I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again
Relax
I'll need some information first
Just the basic facts
Can you show me where it hurts?

Looks like my next back-up dev will be another mod....
Going to try it again and poke a couple holes in the cotton.
I'll report back to someone.......just kidding

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Report back to self.
Poked a couple holes with a pin in each juice port. Works a little better, keep having to cover air holes and do a no fire draw to keep wicked. Better still with what's left of some 50/50 instead of 70/30. At least Smok only got a little of my money. It now lives in the bottom of a drawer in a box labeled "emergency only". Hopefully I don't throw more stuff in that box.
Over and Out, Major Tom.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi there Bob...Felt bad when I saw that no one posted back to you here, I have no experience with the pen you have, but glad you worked things out for the better with it.
What will your new mod be?

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thx, no need to feel bad. It's all part of the learning process.
Right now I'm going through bit of vapers tongue at almost 3 weeks in. Every juice tastes like crap soap. As long as that clears I'm either going:
1) All in with the good stuff. RTA, good mod, and DIY juice. A smoant charon or lost vape therion dna75 with an Ijoy exo should work for a long time, don't want to chase every new device.
2) Try a MTL setup of some sort, need a better throat hit. Just not much satisfaction the last few days. Went right to sub-ohm without even trying any MTL.
3) Punk out, not really an option because I do believe my vape is out there somewhere.

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice mod picks indeed, I am sure you'll fine tune your vape style with any of those!!
Vapers tongue I have had too, not pleasant but mine never lingers longer than a few days luckily.

VU Sponsors