Become a Patron!

Need Help

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am new to vaping and i was just wondering if someone could help me chose between two things. I have an Aspire Nautlius and i want to get a box mod but dont have the money so i decidend on getting a clone. Here are the two clones.

http://focalecig.com/Product/-Ship-...7-50W-Variable-Wattage-APV-Box-ModBlack-14079

http://focalecig.com/groupbuy/HANAA-MODZ-Pack-DNA-30-StyleModblack-19557?SSAID=766698

Im not sure if these clones are good or not and also im wondering should i get the 50W or the 30W one. Like i said im using a Aspire Nautlius and soon want to get into vaping on a drip tip. Any suggestions?

fury

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure this is the correct place to post your question - only to say you may get more responses if it was in a different section of the site. For the Nautilus you have lots of options. The two you listed are a 30 and a 50 watters so either would have more than enough power for the nautilus - way more. I don't go above 15 watts with my nautilus. If you want something right away then you may want to keep an eye on the black friday thread for deals that are in stock and in the US.

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-cyber-monday-thread.34806/page-2#post-198685

I don't have one so there might be another member that can chime in, but I have seen good reviews for the eleaf iStick that is readily available in about that same price range.

edit: The full size Nautilus might hang over the edge on the eleaf.

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I would go for the iStick personally. It is perfect for the Nautilus. If you throw too much power at a clearo...even with BVC heads, you will roast them. If you still want a "box" style, I would stick with a 30 watt box, but start out at 15w.

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I currently have an ego style vision spinner 2 but i want to upgrade eventualy to top drippers and the aspire on 1.6ohm so i would rather be prepared so i dont have to uprgade for a while. So you say stick with the 30w box?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Indeed. The 30w box will work with pre-built coils, and will carry you through rebuildables as well.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure this is the correct place to post your question - only to say you may get more responses if it was in a different section of the site. For the Nautilus you have lots of options. The two you listed are a 30 and a 50 watters so either would have more than enough power for the nautilus - way more. I don't go above 15 watts with my nautilus. If you want something right away then you may want to keep an eye on the black friday thread for deals that are in stock and in the US.

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-cyber-monday-thread.34806/page-2#post-198685

I don't have one so there might be another member that can chime in, but I have seen good reviews for the eleaf iStick that is readily available in about that same price range.

edit: The full size Nautilus might hang over the edge on the eleaf.
This is the section this belongs as OP stated he is new and asked for help

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wait so what does the wattage even mean? How much is recomended for sub-ohming?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Wattage is the power going to the coil. I have sub ohm'd at 180w/10.4v. For practical vaping, most are quite pleased at the 30w to 75w range. Sub ohm vaping at less than normal battery output is pointless. I sub/super sub ohm vape with just a dual 18650 unregulated box mod. For safety and consistency purposes...a 30w regulated mod will be perfect for the kind of vaping you do.

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lets say i got the 50w or the 30w box what battery do you recomend. I Heard that if you use cheap batteries at 50w or around there they can even explode. Do you have any recomendations for something on the cheaper side but also safe?

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Would these be good?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The focalecig 50 watt hana device isn't proven yet as it's pretty new. The 30 watt hana has been out for a while and they have it's issues pretty well sorted. The 30 watt'er will handle most, if not all rebuildable tank systems potential operating parameters. A regulated device that can cover the range of what a dual coil rda can handle would need upwards of 100 watts. You could make one work with 30 or 50 watts, but multiple coil rda's will have a whole lot of potential left you couldn't take advantage of if you can't get well above 50 watts. To cover all bases on the cheap, get the 30 watt device for any tank you may end up with and get an inexpensive mechanical for the drippers. You would have enough power to run anything and a decent mech is a nice thing to have for backup in case the regulated device has a failure.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Lets say i got the 50w or the 30w box what battery do you recomend. I Heard that if you use cheap batteries at 50w or around there they can even explode. Do you have any recomendations for something on the cheaper side but also safe?
Only use IMR batteries......brand is up to you. For battery life, the higher MaH rating the better. A solid choice is the Sony VTC4, although the new Samsung 2500 MaH batteries seem to be quite popular now. NEVER EVER EVER EVER use an ICR battery.....only IMR.

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone have any good recomendations to get cheap clones becuase the website those are on looks very scetchy and the return policy is not clear so i do not want to take any risks.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Clone of what? There is no clone of the iStick. What website?

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any well built clones that are about 30-50w

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Around $30-40

fury

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is the section this belongs as OP stated he is new and asked for help

My bad - I swear this was in a different section - I thought I was to young to start having these senior moments. Guess I'm gonna shut up and go sit in an easy chair in the corner where I will spend my days farting and yelling at the local news channel. o_O

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My bad - I swear this was in a different section - I thought I was to young to start having these senior moments. Guess I'm gonna shut up and go sit in an easy chair in the corner where I will spend my days farting and yelling at the local news channel. o_O
tumblr_m97e4bbvDF1qcegzdo1_500_zpsb56cc173.gif

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wait am i in the wrong section?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You are in the right section.

And I would go for the 30 watt mod for now.

You can enjoy it at once and it will give you room to grow!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Focalecig is a pretty decent site. Many people use them and from what I can tell the customer service is pretty good. I got a black hanaa modz 30 watt box from them and it's been fine. The brass, fixed pin connector is the only big negative about it, but the enclosure can be fitted with a fdv 510 which I'll be doing soon. For around $40 it's been a solid piece for me. If you have questions about any specific item from focal, Nikkita knows just about everything about anything focal sells.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you wont be doing sub ohm with the aspire nautilus you are going to use however, unless they have come out with sub ohm replacement heads for it. The coils that are made for that tank you have prefer to be around 8 to 15 watts anyways, so a 30 watt device is all you will need for that tank. Now, if you want to get a device that can help you Get Into sub ohming with an RDA or RBA set up, get the 50 watt mod. But you will need to buy batteries that are IMR high discharge and high amp. I personally use EFEST 35A 18650 batteries.

Here is a link for the batteries I use.
http://www.lightningvapes.com/produ...drain-rechargeable-battery-flat-or-button-top
Here is a link to a good box for not so much money.(a little over what you wanted to spend but made by a reputable company and sold likewise)
http://www.madvapes.com/xpro-bt50-mod-red.html
Here is another one. 50 watts
http://focalecig.com/Product/HANAA-...7-50W-Variable-Wattage-APV-Box-ModGreen-22863
Here is the link to the 30 watts
http://focalecig.com/Product/HANA-MODZ-MINIDNA30ModGreen-18490--18407

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Mod. Drippers can be had on the cheapies all year long. This is why we have VaporJoe and Tyger Tyger.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
you wont be doing sub ohm with the aspire nautilus you are going to use however, unless they have come out with sub ohm replacement heads for it. The coils that are made for that tank you have prefer to be around 8 to 15 watts anyways, so a 30 watt device is all you will need for that tank. Now, if you want to get a device that can help you Get Into sub ohming with an RDA or RBA set up, get the 50 watt mod. But you will need to buy batteries that are IMR high discharge and high amp. I personally use EFEST 35A 18650 batteries.

Here is a link for the batteries I use.
http://www.lightningvapes.com/produ...drain-rechargeable-battery-flat-or-button-top
Here is a link to a good box for not so much money.(a little over what you wanted to spend but made by a reputable company and sold likewise)
http://www.madvapes.com/xpro-bt50-mod-red.html
Here is another one. 50 watts
http://focalecig.com/Product/HANAA-...7-50W-Variable-Wattage-APV-Box-ModGreen-22863
Here is the link to the 30 watts
http://focalecig.com/Product/HANA-MODZ-MINIDNA30ModGreen-18490--18407
May I introduce you to the Aspire Atlantis? .5 ohm vertical coil heads with four...COUNT EM....four juice inlets. Handles high VG like it was designed to! Ehmm...it was actually.

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
But that dripper is a great steal. It has the battery, charger, body, and top for only $40!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
But that dripper is a great steal. It has the battery, charger, body, and top for only $40!
That will get you out of the gate.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Get you out of the gate means that it will get you started on the right track.
I am extraordinarily picky and loyal when it comes to juice....but thank you for the link!

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So should i return my Aspire Nautlius and get the dripper?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
There are different types of vaping situations that call for different types of kit. Dripping is brilliant until you are driving, then it is foolish. Dripper for at home or work if you are so lucky.....tank for when you are out and about. Tank also put out less noticeable vapour, so might be better for vape friendly venues that are not counting on the sheer volume that drippers can produce.

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok i am going to be honest with you. I am pretty young and only vape at home and with my friends. I love making big clouds and doing tricks. I know that the dripper would be better but i am afraid that it would be alot of work rebuilding it and everything becuase i dont want to mess up and completely ruin everything. Like doing the wiring and calculating the ohms and stuff like that. Dont you need some resistance calculaor or something?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
This is all you need along with practice: http://www.steam-engine.org/
Every one of us....EVERY one, began not having a clue to what we were doing. Back in the day, there was no help, we were all doing trial and error, and throwing away a LOT of wire. You are in the golden age of vaping! There are so many resources available to help and guide you along the way, and you have the incredible good fortune to stumble across one of the most helpful sites there is.
Never feel you are drowning, we are all here to give you a helping hand!

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man, but i am really stuck right now. I want to buy both becuase i have uses for both of them i just dont know which one to get first. Like the dipper i love how it makes so much vape but it will cost me alot of money in the end but the box mod will cost alot up front but i dont have to upkeep it at all.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Get the box and msg me your address and I'll send you a dripper and enough 24g wire to last you till next summer.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Another consideration is most tanks are for mouth to lung hits. Most drippers are for taking direct lung hits. Big difference. A reliable and capable tank/mod setup is better to start with, then grow into the world of dripping. That's the path most take and what I personally recommend. I have both. Kayfun for regular daily use and a dual coil dripper for special use. Kinda like getting your daily driver car square before getting a hot rod.
BTW- Franciscan is on point with this. I'm kinda saying the same thing.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
BoomStick is speaking wisdom here. I'm pretty certain that for all of us that love dripping, we have our tanks that we also love. I have quite a few of both.

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I already have a mod. A vission spinner 2 but its just not stong enough for me.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
For the record. If you can remove and recharge the battery(s), it is a mod. The Spinner is a variable voltage stick battery.

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, sorry i still dont understand these concepts. And have you guys ever used the "Feghali Vapor" liquid. It is really cheap i just want to know if it is any good.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have not. Start a thread on that brand and see if anyone has stories to share. Always look to see if there are already threads or sub forums on a topic, and if not, you can start as many threads as you like!

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I mean i have ordered it before but the flavor is not very strong but i dont know if its because of my tank or the battery is not stong i dont know.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Going from stick batteries and clearomizers to mechs and drippers is skipping a whole level. Here's my proper mod/rba setup. With this I don't really need to drip. I just want to.
wJ8yfok.jpg

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I mean i have ordered it before but the flavor is not very strong but i dont know if its because of my tank or the battery is not stong i dont know.
Juice tastes more profound in a dripper...the nicotine also hits MUCH MUCH harder as you are taking more in quickly. For example, most that use 16mg in a tank, find that they cannae handle over 3mg in a dripper.

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you so much. I am so thankful for vaping it helped my friend get off cigaretes and "other" things that was not good for him. Thank you again. If i have more questions i will be sure to come back to this forum.

STP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can anyone point me to the correct website to get cheap but good 18650 batteries with a charger that will come with fast shipping. As cheap but safe as can get.

VU Sponsors