Become a Patron!

Need ideas: Patio blocks/concrete paver pattern

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No what I meant by redoing the whole thing was to consolidate what you have there now and use the 2 colors of pavers as a border or maybe lines or zig zag patterns inside the area. There are so many possibilities now of what you can do aside from just filling the hole.
Yeah screw that now lol. I'm trying to move 3 of the big pavers to make a perfect rectangle and can't get them to fit into other spots. They're damn heavy too
2a9229493a80bb0ea1b6a8925408612d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah screw that now lol. I'm trying to move 3 of the big pavers to make a perfect rectangle and can't get them to fit into other spots. They're damn heavy too

I can't wait until I see the finished product~! I have a feeling it is going to look awesome~!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't wait until I see the finished product~! I have a feeling it is going to look awesome~!
I hope so man. It's gonna be a rectangle of different pavers Inside the rest but at least it'll be flat and I can put furniture on it. Plus walk to my garage without walking around a giant hole

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hope so man. It's gonna be a rectangle of different pavers Inside the rest but at least it'll be flat and I can put furniture on it. Plus walk to my garage without walking around a giant hole

Don't worry about it when once you lay them out and decide to change what you had planned~! I have changed my initial plan every time I work with the border stones or pavers. It is just part of how working with them goes.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I built this, the pavers were already there, where the deck is. removed them all, cleaned them. the put the bases down, about 4 trucks of gravel and 1 sand. the side close to the deck is raised about 1 1/2' from grade. I estimated that I moved about 22tons by hand, to get what you see. I built the deck, fence and back of the house also.

IMG_3469.JPG

IMG_3467.JPG

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I built this, the pavers were already there, where the deck is. removed them all, cleaned them. the put the bases down, about 4 trucks of gravel and 1 sand. the side close to the deck is raised about 1 1/2' from grade. I estimated that I moved about 22tons by hand, to get what you see. I built the deck, fence and back of the house also.

View attachment 137917

View attachment 137918
Wow that looks awesome. Nice job indeed.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am so anxious to see what design you finally decide on~! Going to be great is my feeling. :vino:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am so anxious to see what design you finally decide on~! Going to be great is my feeling. :vino:
I laid down the perimeter and had the idea to do it all red. Then on each long end of the rectangle, make two triangles that meet in the middle. Then fill the sides with the grey blocks. Not sure if these blocks will allow me to do it though.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not much I can do without a way to cut them.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good ideas but I live 45 minutes from stores like that. I just wanna get it done tomorrow.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You have a square to fill so there is many different possibilities. Almost an endless selection all you need is to image it.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Didn't take as long as I thought. Nothing fancy but it'll serve it's purpose. With 9 bags of sand I spent $170 to do the whole thing.

I'm not particularly fond of it but my GF and friends complimented me on it. So that made me feel better.

6fafe76d616476479e177a758c12d196.jpg

4aa4413133cea876ebd31951867d4bb6.jpg

f57e8812d765b0b8b00635bd6db44694.jpg

7a6c8f7e722ae4a6d9897c32c7b4e4f6.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nice Job now power wash or bleach the old stones and it will look like you did the whole thing~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you went the DIY route you would still be waiting for the first set to dry enough to remove the mold or forms. Now you can sit in a chair and have a cold one admiring your handy work~!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
that looks just fine. once you power wash it, even better.

when I first saw it, know what I reminded me of ? crop circles

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
that looks just fine. once you power wash it, even better.

when I first saw it, know what I reminded me of ? crop circles
Haha idk what to call it. I started laying stuff down and then changed the design. You have a "u" shape of all red and then one of the grey.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looking at it now, I could have done better but whatever.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you went the DIY route you would still be waiting for the first set to dry enough to remove the mold or forms. Now you can sit in a chair and have a cold one admiring your handy work~!
For sure man. It would have been a month or two.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think it looks just fine. now, time to get on that grass. unless you have large dog/s.
Oh I know it's driving me crazy. The people that owned the house before me had a few big dogs. I've planted grass twice now. I might need lime or fertilizer. Lawn maintenance is expensive

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use an Electronic PF Meter and only install Lime when needed. The Scotts 4 Step program is a good fertilizer and weed killer. I also use Crabgrass Preventer even though it is in the 4 Step Program. 6.5 is the number that they recommend. Just yesterday I heard my Lawn looks like Citi Field~! I do the diagonal Double Cut

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Oh I know it's driving me crazy. The people that owned the house before me had a few big dogs. I've planted grass twice now. I might need lime or fertilizer. Lawn maintenance is expensive

Might seek some expert advice here: The Daily Mowing Thread

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It needs some work but it's hard for me to spend hundreds of dollars on my lawn lol.

I'm tired of all the dirt getting tracked into the house though

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It needs some work but it's hard for me to spend hundreds of dollars on my lawn lol.

I'm tired of all the dirt getting tracked into the house though

Might you look into a suitable ground cover plant of some sort - native to your area if possible - that would be less expensive to plant and maintain rather than grass?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 4 Step Program is regularly about $80 or less for the 4 bags which treats 5,000 Square Feet each bag. .
What does the 4 step entail? Where do you buy it?

A tiny bag of grass seed is $60 at my local store.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found it on Amazon. $110. Not too bad

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doesn't look like it includes grass seed though

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The 2 Step is Lawn food and weed killers along with fertilizer. 4 times a year you use it. No seed. I get seed at Ace Hardware for around $20 for 7 lbs. Sun and Shade mixture. The High Traffic Turf is more expensive.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 2 Step is Lawn food and weed killers along with fertilizer. 4 times a year you use it. No seed. I get seed at Ace Hardware for around $20 for 7 lbs. Sun and Shade mixture. The High Traffic Turf is more expensive.
Thank you sir. I'll look around and see what I can find.

I got rid of a bunch of wood yesterday too. It was a horrible eyesore.

This thread has turned into my backyard renovation lol.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey that is a great idea change the name or the thread topic to This Old Backyard~! Going to light the grill and do the chicken on the gas grill and the steaks on the Charcoal. Raining so under the awning~!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
This thread has turned into my backyard renovation lol.

we now own you :giggle: :bliss:

you to us = :gaah::cuss2:

let's see pics of the yard. I am guessing that you want it "better" and not so much "great".
if so. I have had good luck just throwing down some seed, then working it in with the garden hose.
if you have a water softener = DO NOT use this water ! the salt will seriously stunt it's growth.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
we now own you :giggle: :bliss:

you to us = :gaah::cuss2:

let's see pics of the yard. I am guessing that you want it "better" and not so much "great".
if so. I have had good luck just throwing down some seed, then working it in with the garden hose.
if you have a water softener = DO NOT use this water ! the salt will seriously stunt it's growth.
This is all I have right now. I can get more later or tomorrow.

f369fe892a1f5e3d6dd4fef467f8987b.jpg

63738fab616b17c6bfc29adad0225b88.jpg

c3947ca12d91a04dbe9997e9f6b069ec.jpg

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
WOW, and not in a good way. looks like those dogs did a number on it. how does your neighbors laawns look ?

VU Sponsors