Become a Patron!

Need ideas: Patio blocks/concrete paver pattern

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
WOW, and not in a good way. looks like those dogs did a number on it. how does your neighbors laawns look ?
One neighbor has a pretty nice lawn. The other neighbor has some dirt spots

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok, good. then there is hope for your lawn. but, lawns take years to make right. even when you do get grasss to grow, it will not look good for a few years. that is, unless you throw a bunch of money at it.

One neighbor has a pretty nice lawn. The other neighbor has some dirt spots

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I noticed recently that I might have a gas line running out to the back yard. It would be so awesome to get a natural gas grill. Goodbye propane tanks!

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My backyard lawn which is the worst because of too much shade and runoff tonight during the rain while BBQ'ing some Skirt Steaks this afternoon.

KDK8cLx_WYmM2X2QMU4hi7TeCukjkvk_nwiTSxMinzRe4dp9pbYQZjredElALkYjgfZDqYpg437FtUG9CcFNupuX8jxPGkoiZ_JENz2jb3VC18DHbA6jPz3FQe0XlztveuZTaUfboYMzbGHXwQikKhS761mqR4F7J4HvSoMPRpLRvPyb8dEYd4BWAdsI5nG63YstYZQFWUjmmtU97wehuFbzl91-j1vb4uoW0ZDGxC9S9cqhjpGzVSe1akLthHtQFdRUNJI0_FBvAYztT0IGNys_hWXQ0K0q9IgxmykFI2TM4AYZ_cdpTZtwz2cHp8njWWxcwEFIdqgUS5-W15JVrB2pTIeoUrk60_MGZBqDD_dlMZ0rUBiCjtAf4dWZNOlthgdtdEKsCqc2Bd9QCKc5QB6ixRXk6UK8Oeccz-eEfHqJ6JhXa__tHJOVDf5pt9TUTpTNttaX2N77cqRX0p9lUuivMR2oR914G2vSFGv6K-GS9TFyBvTx3eAcHNJizYlawmTD-tTzt_x9BBt8HZqK6J_YqV2S9MmbYh-ySDQuAgrOYCJ7lmb8FLjwhCw9gL84zUgpDHMRa6x47kpqCRU1JV2hE7PGYa3krUKhm8OkWiYe3a_wVxQ4QmnfzdWhnr03y0GOGLhXUUOIONgrXklhAW06GbxL11w=w570-h759-no

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually not yet IMO, there are too many bare spots, although it is nice and healthy. The 4 Step Program is the easiest way to a good looking lawn.

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Part of me wants to tear up my back yard and start over. Won't happen though.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Thatch it and seed with moss and the seed will grow in 2 weeks because it is early yet in the season. My front lawn looks like Citi Field and we are only in May. Lots of work but getting complimented by landscapers makes me feel like I actually accomplished what I set out to do.

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

my back yard needs to be flattened out. it has low spots that collect water during heavy rains, then some of that finds it's way into my basement .
the fix would cost about $1000 and a lot of work. I don't see that happening.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
my back yard needs to be flattened out. it has low spots that collect water during heavy rains, then some of that finds it's way into my basement .
the fix would cost about $1000 and a lot of work. I don't see that happening.

I had a sinking spot in my front lawn from an Old Oak Tree we removed years ago. Had 2 yards of topsoil delivered and leveled the front right side with it. Took 2 years for the lawn to come back but now was well worth the work out. Although the topsoil brought crabgrass is why it took two fucking years~

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got em in

c1ecdea95975f2ba719724486586b875.jpg

Probably late on my end, I could see a Zen garden with pea stones, a few larger boulders/big river rocks, wooden rake easily. Might even do a small Koi ' glodfish pound with stream running through on one corner.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a waterfall or fountain in my head but there is no open space for it plus I need to take care of it for the winter. More Work? Fuck that~~! :vino:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I need to take care of it for the winter. More Work? Fuck that~~! :vino:

*chuckles* Roger. I hear that. :)

I am over here getting antsy though. We're waiting to get into OURS and not some rental, or apartment as now. Besides some of us are nutty enough we like the working. :) Dealing with people? Nope, not so much a choice we desire to take, let us go do.

Apologies for all the revision, had a train of thought side railed and needed to get everything back to order. Sometimes we all think angrily. Nothing wrong being angry, not wrong to express it either. Wrong though to express it without tact. So I cleaned up the post, a lot.

That and it is better keeping cards to the vest a bit.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's all you fault @Mykreign that I changed all the rectangular bricks to Scalloped~!

xakZ_risuNoq-P0ayp4fdj9NpgrsAgkcfb6Xt6g4qZEBzJJsXUZ2pQQh8X_4AFpJhNhhAV2l4-5wfkLgPDFzOWOpaYyqZvmUOtH28quqmW9BzDpSz3DqDygE_KiEm6sVCl8gSplNOsDvRC7IFKbK1bvuOZiM_IzC3z0qVV_RSduwmAytg1385Mwai0Y7V9y79C6hKepHz6pEwZgDAWaVFw5gycaY2pQeqOQAlSF-lgtPvm2dCz47biyZgtgAdXhv9nzA26jbVYqCu4ExaR5sGlAQ0dYJOddF79rBAHvDkF3ZneUQ3OtMYlnum0k4a0udlDIb0jGUSIYfQyMCvpLvFTCvlymKh-M5qH88Rx-h4DLQgpHRbKY__cOgfPuVAsPAnb-oo1fR1-W4QoBHWsJLJAAw9EwH7v4bO-KSwqMZZd9fElRRT8ctfku2mUZvqCjJAcq_DUHgcYtlnUixBIm0z1WNpsLQgzci9_Fr6FGxzM1l2IeOKTc6VyAW6x1AA0cFE3hu1TDEr361XKX6qkqUIWgYQxbjDnGjZCG8-Zfx_1qsJs-PEPLxsA00-JBs2S_vc_D1XwebdrfEl9EtD4vUFMwE_UtIn1WcvmovNlqwJow-iiK803xBXXFnQkmjbuDK-maGcXG_0nn_mklPyq-XW8BgYtZXJw4=w569-h758-no

Whgxj6qSWY0Y1mQlk71IBanmSxNaZS5otuxSoRAiIxzDUqy_l6fqaFEJYCNDx5_l6L9i-JnKTO3IwE8c7rKy2-ZjUvc1Cv2ODzKmTba9qJztKjKgUxqlEhNc7q7YWTszvJVty9eIdR3G4HjFk-saTtLCcX1SMpBE0vDo_uP5Y23TXbuAVjwDmCNReaA6wJzVm5cy2qIXBrCjODhIPvW6mVqUsx8wS_CmoBbyzsw8ZKAgbqFU-4YCbT-rL2sgTi0ZZJZ4PCmdj3sUDwnwyFfbL3ooDAf1fINQSV2_3WdY2BDYoFSXgqtLcIkX6JYNYo59PdJOF9-Y7GYCMU7MEd7bg6i532wKPABmgp2UM3hRIVojIcQlvNi97Uyr8esTspMJaoMn6VblJoqo3A5EJPkUPXPepDyP0BEWKwrv8Q_k7TKjTPOT8Wk6_3ONYNk5JcibaFEoW49I2aU_n2IxTxib_KzrIHYyrdIXJLcJf2SBfmTJhSlcR0TMQ31vnpf31BZidfW8QhSZlW-KsQ9lEGhX6VdgaemxhK3RWIn3SWfgops9gPwd5EiQyPnKktxI6d5pm-vinN6SMOiRi2vX1CdzDj60p0JbRgAyIIUSBxlzeETG0eChWThR4beUnjRoTuLMqxcFkHLsNIiTSRMSj061ol5-fSq9Vas=w1011-h758-no

Aside from moving a ton of bricks with my vehicle I moved to the back patio to move them back around front~! Then yesterday piled up the leftovers so not in the way for the 4th of July BBQ.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's all you fault @Mykreign that I changed all the rectangular bricks to Scalloped~!

xakZ_risuNoq-P0ayp4fdj9NpgrsAgkcfb6Xt6g4qZEBzJJsXUZ2pQQh8X_4AFpJhNhhAV2l4-5wfkLgPDFzOWOpaYyqZvmUOtH28quqmW9BzDpSz3DqDygE_KiEm6sVCl8gSplNOsDvRC7IFKbK1bvuOZiM_IzC3z0qVV_RSduwmAytg1385Mwai0Y7V9y79C6hKepHz6pEwZgDAWaVFw5gycaY2pQeqOQAlSF-lgtPvm2dCz47biyZgtgAdXhv9nzA26jbVYqCu4ExaR5sGlAQ0dYJOddF79rBAHvDkF3ZneUQ3OtMYlnum0k4a0udlDIb0jGUSIYfQyMCvpLvFTCvlymKh-M5qH88Rx-h4DLQgpHRbKY__cOgfPuVAsPAnb-oo1fR1-W4QoBHWsJLJAAw9EwH7v4bO-KSwqMZZd9fElRRT8ctfku2mUZvqCjJAcq_DUHgcYtlnUixBIm0z1WNpsLQgzci9_Fr6FGxzM1l2IeOKTc6VyAW6x1AA0cFE3hu1TDEr361XKX6qkqUIWgYQxbjDnGjZCG8-Zfx_1qsJs-PEPLxsA00-JBs2S_vc_D1XwebdrfEl9EtD4vUFMwE_UtIn1WcvmovNlqwJow-iiK803xBXXFnQkmjbuDK-maGcXG_0nn_mklPyq-XW8BgYtZXJw4=w569-h758-no

Whgxj6qSWY0Y1mQlk71IBanmSxNaZS5otuxSoRAiIxzDUqy_l6fqaFEJYCNDx5_l6L9i-JnKTO3IwE8c7rKy2-ZjUvc1Cv2ODzKmTba9qJztKjKgUxqlEhNc7q7YWTszvJVty9eIdR3G4HjFk-saTtLCcX1SMpBE0vDo_uP5Y23TXbuAVjwDmCNReaA6wJzVm5cy2qIXBrCjODhIPvW6mVqUsx8wS_CmoBbyzsw8ZKAgbqFU-4YCbT-rL2sgTi0ZZJZ4PCmdj3sUDwnwyFfbL3ooDAf1fINQSV2_3WdY2BDYoFSXgqtLcIkX6JYNYo59PdJOF9-Y7GYCMU7MEd7bg6i532wKPABmgp2UM3hRIVojIcQlvNi97Uyr8esTspMJaoMn6VblJoqo3A5EJPkUPXPepDyP0BEWKwrv8Q_k7TKjTPOT8Wk6_3ONYNk5JcibaFEoW49I2aU_n2IxTxib_KzrIHYyrdIXJLcJf2SBfmTJhSlcR0TMQ31vnpf31BZidfW8QhSZlW-KsQ9lEGhX6VdgaemxhK3RWIn3SWfgops9gPwd5EiQyPnKktxI6d5pm-vinN6SMOiRi2vX1CdzDj60p0JbRgAyIIUSBxlzeETG0eChWThR4beUnjRoTuLMqxcFkHLsNIiTSRMSj061ol5-fSq9Vas=w1011-h758-no

Aside from moving a ton of bricks with my vehicle I moved to the back patio to move them back around front~! Then yesterday piled up the leftovers so not in the way for the 4th of July BBQ.
Wow looks great! Your house, bricks, grass, everything! It's amazing. I think I'll keep my pics to myself now haha

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow looks great! Your house, bricks, grass, everything! It's amazing. I think I'll keep my pics to myself now haha

Thanks~! It is a lot of work though. I wound up finding these on Craigslist for FREE. So cost me the gas and time plus a bottle of Fantastic with bleach to clean them. I figure it was well worth it for about $400 dollars of these scalloped bricks. Trimming all the bushes and trees around the house is a back breaking job that has to be done in stages. No way for me to do them all in one day.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks~! It is a lot of work though. I wound up finding these on Craigslist for FREE. So cost me the gas and time plus a bottle of Fantastic with bleach to clean them. I figure it was well worth it for about $400 dollars of these scalloped bricks. Trimming all the bushes and trees around the house is a back breaking job that has to be done in stages. No way for me to do them all in one day.
It's worth it though when you can sit back with a drink and vape and admire how good it looks.

I've been pretty happy with how my back yards looking. It was bare dirt when I bought this house last fall. It's coming in nicely with just a few bare spots that I'll have to seed again.

Also just had the main water line to my house replaced a few weeks ago. They tore up most of my front and side lawn. I now have grass that I planted coming up there as well.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also just had the main water line to my house replaced a few weeks ago. They tore up most of my front and side lawn. I now have grass that I planted coming up there as well.

The grass I planted next to the scalloped bricks by the garage came up in less than a week~! Lots of rain and a couple of hot days is all you need.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The grass I planted next to the scalloped bricks by the garage came up in less than a week~! Lots of rain and a couple of hot days is all you need.
Yup it's rained so much here. We've had more rain than sunshine. Setting records for rainfall and water levels of the great lakes.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's worth it though when you can sit back with a drink and vape and admire how good it looks.

After busting my ass for the last two days cutting bushes in the back yard I was out there just sitting and drinking a nice icy water or a glass of wine~! Had coffee there this morning and actually going to eat dinner on the back patio. A nice salad with my fresh homegrown lettuce and a plate of pasta. Naturally don't forget the beverage~!

:vino::vino:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After busting my ass for the last two days cutting bushing in the back yard I was out there just sitting and drinking a nice icy water or a glass of wine~! Had coffee there this morning and actually going to eat dinner on the back patio. A nice salad with my fresh homegrown lettuce and a plate of pasta. Naturally don't forget the beverage~!

:vino::vino:
Very nice!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Very nice!

Yeah I have to agree 100% that there is no finer pleasure in life then being able to admire your hard work. Especially when you hear from someone else that it looks great. Like how nice your project turned out. That is why I decided to do what I did and still have more to do but it is only in the planning stage right now.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I have to agree 100% that there is no finer pleasure in life then being able to admire your hard work. Especially when you hear from someone else that it looks great. Like how nice your project turned out. That is why I decided to do what I did and still have more to do but it is only in the planning stage right now.
I need to scope out Craigslist more. I'd like to get some more patio furniture. 2 grand to fix the water is setting me back.

I've had a lot of compliments on the patio that I patched up but I think they're just being nice lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've had a lot of compliments on the patio that I patched up but I think they're just being nice lol

No, I think you need a great job without redoing the whole damn thing. I hate when I spend hours working on repairing something like that to not be satisfied and rip the whole fucking thing out and start over.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

hey man, that looks REALLY NICE. I really need to fix my front up, but I am so damned hooked on this forum I can't get up off my ass.

is that your dad ?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I need to scope out Craigslist more. I'd like to get some more patio furniture. 2 grand to fix the water is setting me back.

only 2 grand !?! round here that would be 5g.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
hey man, that looks REALLY NICE. I really need to fix my front up, but I am so damned hooked on this forum I can't get up off my ass.
is that your dad ?

Yeah sitting under the Mock Sabret Umbrella I set up for him because he really should not be in the sun. At 91 years you can't tell them anything you know?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think I'll keep my pics to myself now haha

Hey you can't see where I had to cheat on the plume line because of the roots from the fig tree. Just have to know how to take pictures that hide the imperfections~~! :vino:Back to back patio to finish my wine. Dinner was awesome. Wish it was my tomatoes but soon~!

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Heres some pictures from this spring.

94d10765a5c2d4fe63c232ed2a3e3d3d.jpg

a3d8407a3a295ab5f9034c3d52f6457b.jpg

ac7fd95c79c150357318dc27b64b01a0.jpg

166dee631ec949bfd2442a16b6cad68e.jpg

This is what it looks like now. A few months later.

881082811ab6bd788dbf769503b1de83.jpg

5e9da85cfa743d496705463360f7b8c9.jpg

eb33d45ecf01bf70426507ea62bc246e.jpg

4b095b1f62839a00d6f63c15dcb01f25.jpg

534215cdcd6a1889c6e4a6269d5cf84d.jpg

caf7ec78705caed3bb0f1b9c30580956.jpg

Still have a lot of work to do. All in due time. I'm not the richest of people lol

that's really looking better. don't get obsessed with it, grass can take some time, like years.
and if you have a water softener, DO NOT use this water for anything that grows. specially new grass.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
grass can take some time, like years.

You can get an established lawn in one season because I added two yards of dirt to the center of my lawn where we used to have an Giant Oak tree. After all these years even though they ground that stump deep and I took yards of wood chips out it was sinking. Used to go down into a gully to cut the lawn. Seeded and had it back in one season. Remember with new seed water twice a day. Very important.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You can get an established lawn in one season because I added two yards of dirt to the center of my lawn where we used to have an Giant Oak tree. After all these years even though they ground that stump deep and I took yards of wood chips out it was sinking. Used to go down into a gully to cut the lawn. Seeded and had it back in one season. Remember with new seed water twice a day. Very important.

true. it can take even less than that. i have an area that is growing well, 2 months maybe.
but what happens is some of the seed doesn't take for a season or two.
what it would take for him to do his whole yard = unreasonable. just throw down seed and rake it in, then wait.

VU Sponsors