Become a Patron!

Need king size bed frame recommendations

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's insane for bolts. I design custom fasteners for the major car companies. Most cost pennies to manufacture. Some stainless steel can get up to maybe 15-20 cents lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Not gonna bash them like their products are garbage or anything, but yea Rockler for woodworking stuff is like shopping at Tiffany's. I'm sure their bed bolts are modeled off some antique true to form something or others.

@Jinx'd Yea see something like the color of that bench seat would be something I'd go for. Kind of a honey color. I'll have to take a look and see what they got for colors, do some tests. Just anything really to tone down that light white/yellow color of pine. Syp is a little more yellow than spf so maybe if I lean in that direction and just darken it some. Not trying to make it look like oak or cherry or anything, just something to shift the natural color. The way I look at it, it's natural wood grain at least. While it may not appear genuine it's got to look better than the faux wood contact paper on my entertainment center (el cheapo) lol.

I'm no artisan, more of a weekend warrior. Not like I'll cry if the end grain isn't authentic to the period or anything, more like so long as there's no gaps, the thing doesn't wiggle and I don't get splinters in my ass, I'm good. haha.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@Jinx'd Yea see something like the color of that bench seat would be something I'd go for. Kind of a honey color. I'll have to take a look and see what they got for colors, do some tests. Just anything really to tone down that light white/yellow color of pine. Syp is a little more yellow than spf so maybe if I lean in that direction and just darken it some. Not trying to make it look like oak or cherry or anything, just something to shift the natural color. The way I look at it, it's natural wood grain at least. While it may not appear genuine it's got to look better than the faux wood contact paper on my entertainment center (el cheapo) lol.

I'm no artisan, more of a weekend warrior. Not like I'll cry if the end grain isn't authentic to the period or anything, more like so long as there's no gaps, the thing doesn't wiggle and I don't get splinters in my ass, I'm good. haha.

i know exactly what you mean.

that is not honey oak, i hate honey oak, so i wouldn't buy it. i don't remember what it was.
just do a test for what you want, they have a pretty wide selection, i know you will find something that perhaps you will love.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, old thread and old member that hasn't checked in for quite awhile but I'll give an update, lol.

I did buy the frame I posted the video about and a new cheap memory foam mattress. The frame is great. No squeaks or creaks and feels solid. The mattress isn't great. It's not bad but I won't get another. More of a personal feel with the mattress than anything actually wrong with it.

I've had them for year with no problems.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Well I’ll throw my frame into the mix for consideration. Heavy duty, takes a beating and doesn’t make a squeak. Quiet as a church mouse, had it for several years without issue.
B0FDC544-1465-4E8E-93E6-0A422887049D.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just received an Email Notification for this thread??? WTF is going on today???? Started with the App I use for my NVR on my Smart Phone not Allowing me to Login and after changing the password still telling Wrong~!

Jeez Rick~!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I just received an Email Notification for this thread??? WTF is going on today???? Started with the App I use for my NVR on my Smart Phone not Allowing me to Login and after changing the password still telling Wrong~!

Jeez Rick~!

Just because you don't see here it doesn't necessarily mean it never happened.

1674861128183.png

Edit, They added a spam link to a quote.
Probably thoght we weren't smart enough to check.

This tends to be an issue when you have people with an average IQ of 50 trying to spam a forum where the mods as well as active members have average IQ's of over 100.

1674861480267.png

Last edited:

VU Sponsors