Become a Patron!

Need Mod Recommendation Please

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My Fiance is looking for a dual battery mod. He doesn't like the fire bar on my Alien and he want it to go up to at least 200 watts even though he isn't going to go that high. It also has to be a reasonable price, nothing over 65 dollars please.

He is currently eyeing the iStick Pico Dual, Smoant Battlestar, and the Sigelei Fuchai 213 plus.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I think several folks on here like @SirRichardRear have said the battlestar's solid. Probably the best of the three from folks impression of them. There's also the charon (smoant). Vaporcube has the hohm wrecker g2 for $65 (half off) with coupon code "G2FLASHx1" if that appeals to him or he's keen on temp control. It's only 171w though.

http://www.vaporcube.com/h-wrecker-g2-hohm-wrecker-171w-temperature-control-box-mod.html
thanks for the shotout!

Lots of good dual battery mods indeed. not all of these do 200 watts but they are well worth it

Hohmwrecker G2 (171 watts)
fantastic device, i haven't done a formal review of it but temp control is amazing, it's durable as hell and runs 60 bucks on mainevaporroom.com it's kind of a cult classic around these forums

Smoant Charon (200+ watts)
if he already likes the battlestar the charon is their latest mod.

Sigelei Kaos Spectrum (200+ watts)
similar to the alien but without a fire bar

Liasmo Snow wolf 200 plus (200+ watts)
a simple sleek mod

VooPoo Drag (157 watts)
Not 200 watts but like a budget DNA device

Fuchai Duo 3 (175 watts)

I'd check those out and see what you like best :)

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just some advice, I would stay away from that SMOK box that has the really large screen on it, a TON of people are really getting flustered with how the screens keep breaking .

Check these websites out to order online.
DNAVAPEOR
MittenVapes
Mtbaker vapes
Element vapes

I would personally recommendation something from Sigelei just because I know that their products are going to last long and always work well. My first box was a Sigelei 200 watt regulated and it did its job nicely.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
im gonna throw out there for consideration an ipv whatever the newest model is the 8 or the vesta
WHY?
well I have 3 different IPV mods and the just keep holding up through my abuse which is great at times. they all get dropped multiple times a day on hard surfaces, one survived the dish water.
IPV usually makes a very solid device. 2 of mine are over 2 years old and work like new.
i think there have been some exceptions the 4(not to be confused with the current model D4) and 6 if I recall correctly that both had issues.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just some advice, I would stay away from that SMOK box that has the really large screen on it, a TON of people are really getting flustered with how the screens keep breaking .

Check these websites out to order online.
DNAVAPEOR
MittenVapes
Mtbaker vapes
Element vapes

I would personally recommendation something from Sigelei just because I know that their products are going to last long and always work well. My first box was a Sigelei 200 watt regulated and it did its job nicely.

It's really not necessary to bold your entire post. Just fyi.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree IPVs are durable. I have 3 year old IPV3 that's still chugging along.

My rx200 is a year old and not had any issues. (I know a lot of other people have had issues with these though)

I just bought the snow wolf yesterday that sir Richard recommended above. Can't beat $50 for a mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Picking up the G2 for 60 bucks is a no brainier surely? Ok its Fugly but there is a thread somewhere about that one mod that has over 5000 posts says a lot!

I reached out to them the other day (main vape room link in SRR reply) asking if they ship internationally ....no they don't I'm gutted can't find one anywhere over in uk and certainly not at that price

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
im gonna throw out there for consideration an ipv whatever the newest model is the 8 or the vesta
WHY?
well I have 3 different IPV mods and the just keep holding up through my abuse which is great at times. they all get dropped multiple times a day on hard surfaces, one survived the dish water.
IPV usually makes a very solid device. 2 of mine are over 2 years old and work like new.
i think there have been some exceptions the 4(not to be confused with the current model D4) and 6 if I recall correctly that both had issues.
The 3 and 5 were solid as hell. but pretty much everything after the 5 has been not too good. that includes the 6/8/ and vesta from everything I've heard

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The stainless steel battlestar would be my pick. I love ss mods they take a beating and still shine. Had an alien and that style battery door is a mistake if you ask me. One good drop and that hinge is gone.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I'd never recommend the alien to anyone.

I would go with the snow wolf, Charon, voopoo drag, or the battle star.

Only reason I didn't wanna get a battle star is because it looks so similar to the rx 200.

After watching all the videos above, I'd like to get the voopoo at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Picking up the G2 for 60 bucks is a no brainier surely? Ok its Fugly but there is a thread somewhere about that one mod that has over 5000 posts says a lot!

I reached out to them the other day (main vape room link in SRR reply) asking if they ship internationally ....no they don't I'm gutted can't find one anywhere over in uk and certainly not at that price

That's a damn shame @KingPin! If I could spare the money, I'd buy one and ship it to you. I love mine and am just starting to really use it to its potential.

Let's put it this way...if my house was burning down the first thing I would grab is my G2!!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
That's a damn shame @KingPin! If I could spare the money, I'd buy one and ship it to you. I love mine and am just starting to really use it to its potential.

Let's put it this way...if my house was burning down the first thing I would grab is my G2!!

Bloody hell mate my condolences to your missus then lmao :) that's really kind of you but I couldn't do that if you had the money ....there will be one I can get eventually, I can get the Slice over here just not the G2

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My battlestar drains batteries faster than any of my mods. Besides that its a great device. Although its getting to be dated with all these new slick mods. Maybe not dated but simple.

Like others have said the Segelei Kaos Spectrum is a great mod. I got one for my bro and it looks way better in your hand than any picture. Its a really good one.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I concur with most here. Can't go wrong with a Battlestar, Charon, G2. I love my IPV Vesta. No problems and I use it every day. I would also throw the Minikin 2 out there. Seen them on sale for as low as $65. Great mod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I concur with most here. Can't go wrong with a Battlestar, Charon, G2. I love my IPV Vesta. No problems and I use it every day. I would also thow the Minikin 2 out there. Seen them on sale for as low as $65. Great mod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Definitely agree with the Minikin V2....I can put the same batteries in a dna mod using the same tank, same wattage, the batteries last MUCH longer in the Minikin. I assume it has a better board for 18650's.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can the G2 fit a 25mm tank without overhang?

Thought about the Minikin V2 but seeing a few comments about misfire and auto fire.

I do like my Battlestar but I need to move it to a mid wattage tank like the Baby or Cleito. Otherwise, short battery life, about like a Cuboid.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you all for your recommendations, by all means keep 'em coming we have a while before we can order! :bliss:

As to the alien hate... Booooo! I love my little guy! Its takin' a beatin' and still keeps on tickin'... wait... well you know what I mean! It obviously doesn't tick, otherwise I'd throw that shit very far away!! :bomb: LOL :xD::teehee::teehee: Sorry poor joke... :facepalm::teehee:

We'll be looking into every one of these! :bunny:

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
thanks for the shotout!

Lots of good dual battery mods indeed. not all of these do 200 watts but they are well worth it

Hohmwrecker G2 (171 watts)
fantastic device, i haven't done a formal review of it but temp control is amazing, it's durable as hell and runs 60 bucks on mainevaporroom.com it's kind of a cult classic around these forums

Smoant Charon (200+ watts)
if he already likes the battlestar the charon is their latest mod.

Sigelei Kaos Spectrum (200+ watts)
similar to the alien but without a fire bar

Liasmo Snow wolf 200 plus (200+ watts)
a simple sleek mod

VooPoo Drag (157 watts)
Not 200 watts but like a budget DNA device

Fuchai Duo 3 (175 watts)

I'd check those out and see what you like best :)

Huge shout out to you! I'm already subscribed but this makes it easier and if you'd be able to recommend anything else please drop the linky here so others who are looking at similar mods can view them as well!!

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have to agree with @SirRichardRear.

The IPV 6x was such a bummer. I loved that thing until it died a couple of days out of warranty.

I have the kaos spectrum and the funchai duo as daily mods and am very pleased thus far.

Neither are recommended for temp limiting but are solid in power mode.

20170622_072109_zpslwlnxfle.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Gotta throw another vote out for the G2, it is without a doubt, the best $60 you'll spend on a mod. It works great in power mode and can temp control just about any wire you can throw its way. If he doesn't need the latest, greatest as far as TC goes, I highly recommend the IPV3Li. I've had one for going on two years now, and it has never failed me, even after dropping it from about 3ft onto concrete.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The main reason why I voted for the RX2/3 is Arctic Fox firmware because that gives you the capability to preheat your coils the proper way in VW mode instead of being forever stuck with a half assed preheat feature.

30m7d08.jpg

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Gotta throw another vote out for the G2, it is without a doubt, the best $60 you'll spend on a mod. It works great in power mode and can temp control just about any wire you can throw its way. If he doesn't need the latest, greatest as far as TC goes, I highly recommend the IPV3Li. I've had one for going on two years now, and it has never failed me, even after dropping it from about 3ft onto concrete.
lol 1 drop 3ft on to concrete...........mine has done about 1k of them. Thing is a tank

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Huge shout out to you! I'm already subscribed but this makes it easier and if you'd be able to recommend anything else please drop the linky here so others who are looking at similar mods can view them as well!!
Thanks! not much more but a few good ones
archon

alien

gclass

therion or finder 167

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
um the OP asked not to go over 65 the therion and sx mini G class are way over that price range

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
um the OP asked not to go over 65 the therion and sx mini G class are way over that price range
um read the replay i was replying to. Thought you were over your issues.

He said
if you'd be able to recommend anything else please drop the linky here so others who are looking at similar mods can view them as well!!

So i added in a few more pricey one's as others could have a different budget. In the original reply to under 65 dollars I didn't list anything over that price. Stop trying to make it something it's not

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
um read the replay i was replying to. Thought you were over your issues.

He said

So i added in a few more pricey one's as others could have a different budget. In the original reply to under 65 dollars I didn't list anything over that price. Stop trying to make it something it's not
im over my issues
i was pointing out that before the OP got excited that those 2 didnt fall into their price range.
just trying to help

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
im over my issues
i was pointing out that before the OP got excited that those 2 didnt fall into their price range.
just trying to help
Its okay, because I may not be the only one searching for these types of mods and they may have more money in their budget. I gave him the go ahead. But thanks for looking out for me. Hell if I can scrounge up the extra dough I may want one in the future. :):):);)

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If I had the extra money, I'd buy another one while they're still available and have it powdercoated teal just to give you cats something to sneer at! :D:D:D:D:giggle::giggle::giggle:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Fiance is looking for a dual battery mod. He doesn't like the fire bar on my Alien and he want it to go up to at least 200 watts even though he isn't going to go that high. It also has to be a reasonable price, nothing over 65 dollars please.

He is currently eyeing the iStick Pico Dual, Smoant Battlestar, and the Sigelei Fuchai 213 plus.
I will chim in here.

Of the mods you listed the Battlestar is a great mod but like others have stated battery life is on the low side. I still love the mod though and works better than the other 2 you mentioned.

The Fuchai 213 is not a 200 watt mod, more like 150 ish. It does have decent battery life though but TC is not that great unless you dive into the TFR settings.

It's no secret I love me some Hohm Wrecker G2, the only mod I have all the colors of and still gets used everyday. It is the mod that got me started on TC, was a power user before that. It is ugly but CNC aluminum enclosure is tough as a tank. I really think any serious vaper needs one in there arsenal and at $60 it is a steal.

The Minikin V2 is a real comfortable mod. I am not crazy about the TC on it and not sure if @SirRichardRear has checked the power output yet. Eightvape.com has a good price on it now, when it was $90 I thought it was overpriced but for about $65 I think that's fair.

The Fuchai DUO 3 sucks at TC but I have been enjoying it in power mode. Eightvape.com has it for only $35 and you can add the 3 battery door for only $5 more. In 2 battery mode it does 175 watts, in 3 battery 255.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What color? Did you get all powerful silver one? Lol.

@SirRichardRear
@mjag
@Paratech

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
You know, I *really* wanted the red one. My rta and other tanks are red. As fate would have it the store in Maine (thanks for the tip, whoever pointed that out!) only had one color left. Red. :) :) :) I knew then that it was destiny. Can't wait to get it!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you thought about going with an internal battery? I have the iStick QC 200W comes with a massive 5000mAh built-in battery and has a powerful 50A/200W maximum output. It goes for about $45

Attachments

• Kylin.jpg
    Kylin.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 7
  • SMMSerpentRTA.jpg
    SMMSerpentRTA.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 7

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Have you thought about going with an internal battery? I have the iStick QC 200W comes with a massive 5000mAh built-in battery and has a powerful 50A/200W maximum output. It goes for about $45
FYI the 50amp output is BS. I've tested several mods from them and they never come close. only in triple battery do they output that much. Not a single internal batt or dual battery mod i've tested reaches the 50 amp mark.

VU Sponsors