Become a Patron!

Need opinions on rdas

HighSAMurai

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I cant decide between drop,drop solo,recurve,drop dead,bonza,kali v2 rda/rsa ect...
Im a flavor junkie i currently am using a mesh pro and i like the options the deck offers and am currently enjoying single coil builds in it,need something that holds plenty of juice and doesnt leak easily 22mm-25mm

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah its a tough one i just like to hear whats doing good on the market,and honest peoples reviews instead of some dbag on youtube that gets paid to say everything is just GREAT GREAT GREAT
Yeah I get it. To make a real recommendation for you then you need to put up a little more info about what you're looking for. For example I like a dual coil RDA that has wide open airflow. I like side airflow over bottom airflow. I like big clouds with lots of flavor. Sometime I squonk and sometimes I don't.
Basically what are you looking for? There are alot of really good RDAs out right now. What kind of coils do you prefer? Do you make your own coils or do you use premade?

HighSAMurai

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I get it. To make a real recommendation for you then you need to put up a little more info about what you're looking for. For example I like a dual coil RDA that has wide open airflow. I like side airflow over bottom airflow. I like big clouds with lots of flavor. Sometime I squonk and sometimes I don't.
Basically what are you looking for? There are alot of really good RDAs out right now. What kind of coils do you prefer? Do you make your own coils or do you use premade?
I use prebuilt claptons or alien claptons no real showy coils just simple ones 5 or 6 wraps ssl316 or kanthal in the .1-.3ohm range at anywhere from 40w-80w im in a single coil mood lately ,but i like the option to do both but its not necessarily a deciding factor ,as for airflow i normally close off atleast 1-2 holes in my mesh pro

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I haven't found any pics of Kali V2 deck yet. I'm thinking only the post holes were changed from V1, could be wrong. I think Recurve is primarily squonk due the the small juice well.

The only one in your list that I've used is Drop Solo. Can do more than 1 coil, has great flavor, holds ample juice and good squonking. I find the flavor better dripping, because it isn't the best at painting the coil squonking. Still good though. A lot of af adjustments with the 2 caps.

In the same price range as Solo, might consider asMODus C4. Solo would be a good choice imo, but I also think C4 is better at af and flavor than Solo, dripping or squonking. Doesn't hold as much juice as some RDA's we see but holds more than it looks.

PeteS

Member For 1 Year
The Recurve has tiny juice wells so I'd scratch that one off your list since you mentioned "holds plenty of juice".

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
An RDA you might want to take a look at is the Vapefly Wormhole. It has single or dual coil capability. It has aiflow adjustability from fairly wide open to completely shut off. It's easy to build. It costs less than $30. It takes quite a bit to make it leak when squonking. Check it out.

You mentioned drop,drop solo,recurve,drop dead,and bonza. I am familiar with the drop, drop dead, and the Bonza. All are in my opinion very good rdas but the Bonza for me has the best flavor with the experimenting I have done. Each of them require a little bit of time and effort to get “dialed in” for lack of a better term. Not to intentionally complicate your choice but another great rda(imho) you may consider is the Loop. They seem robust enough for steady use. The deck is very innovative(very easy to build on) with a more than ample juice well and extremely good flavor. Check them out. They are reasonably priced.

I have read good reviews on the Drop Solo and Recurve but never tried either. I find certain of the on-line reviews seemingly biased and often inaccurate( as some may find mine). It’s all subject to your personal preferences. I’m sure the good folks here can offer great insight. Hope this helps.✌

Last edited:

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recommend the Reload X, great flavor with bottom airflow but is leak proof.

If it had a 9mm juice well and was made in America I would be all over it for the $70.......

For now I drip the Bonza full and can drive to work without dripping at all.... 18 minute drive. Drip when I get there hit a couple times and go into work, Works great for me.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it had a 9mm juice well and was made in America I would be all over it for the $70.......

For now I drip the Bonza full and can drive to work without dripping at all.... 18 minute drive. Drip when I get there hit a couple times and go into work, Works great for me.
The juice well is deep due to the design. As for made in America, well good luck finding one that is actually made in in America. Only truly made in America I have is my Velocity and United Chaos.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Of those you mention, the Bonza is a great budget RDA for reasons listed by others above. However, based on QP’s track record, the Kali v2 has to be a winner and probs worth researching a bit.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The juice well is deep due to the design. As for made in America, well good luck finding one that is actually made in in America. Only truly made in America I have is my Velocity and United Chaos.

The juice well on the Reload X is only 4.5mm I would like to see it about 7 to 9mm deep..... I tend to over drip at times. My other point was I thought $70 was a bit much for an RDA made in China.

May still pick one up if the price drops down the road.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Oumier VLS, Digiflavour Drop, Vapefly Wormhole all great dripper RDAs hold loads of juice easy 7 or so pulls from them between drips none of them are particularly pricey either

I’d say Drop has best flavour of the bunch having said that VLS has best build deck for build tinkering, and wormhole has best amount of airflow options right from almost MTL to huge Airflow

Haven’t tried the Kali though I’m willing to bet that’s a cloud beast over flavour

Again not tried the reload X but dripping looks like it could be limited with those airflow positions

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The juice well on the Reload X is only 4.5mm I would like to see it about 7 to 9mm deep..... I tend to over drip at times. My other point was I thought $70 was a bit much for an RDA made in China.

May still pick one up if the price drops down the road.
Part of the juice well is also the barrel, the design is it's under the coil air but air intake is top. As for $70 you get what you pay for, it has excellent build quality.

Also my point is most everything is made in China other than some European like Svomesto, Squape and Philippino gear. Armageddon Goon, DotMod, etc are made in China to mention a few.

HighSAMurai

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So im narrowing it down slowly but surely to drop/drop solo, bonza,kali v2,reload x.
As long as the flavor is 10/10 ,it has a relatively decent sized juice well,single coil capable.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Part of the juice well is also the barrel, the design is it's under the coil air but air intake is top. As for $70 you get what you pay for, it has excellent build quality.

Also my point is most everything is made in China other than some European like Svomesto, Squape and Philippino gear. Armageddon Goon, DotMod, etc are made in China to mention a few.

If thier RTA is anything to go by I believe it ...only thing I found a bit iffy were the post screws were a bit soft (bought a bunch of spares so I’m sorted on that front) but it’s a lovely tank for sure want the reload RDA BF too which is better of the two?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If thier RTA is anything to go by I believe it ...only thing I found a bit iffy were the post screws were a bit soft (bought a bunch of spares so I’m sorted on that front) but it’s a lovely tank for sure want the reload RDA BF too which is better of the two?
I have a number of their RTA's and no issues with their grub screws. As for the RDA'S, I also have the V1, V1. 5 and the X. As for my favorite I'd say the X. Great flavor and I have a tendency to over drip and not once has the X leaked. Plus with it being under the coils air the flavor is excellent.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Might be cause I put in bigger builds than fused Clapton’s and it requires bit more wrenching on them

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Reload X is on my "to buy" list.
I think you'll love it, I have yet to have it leak. I have a tendency to over drip and over Squonk so big plus!

Only RDA'S I have that don't leak are
Reload X - Reload Vapor
Mose V1 and V2 - MCM
Darang V1 and V3 - Gatub
Anya - Gatub

The Reload and Mose's are bottom air so excellent flavor.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I think you'll love it, I have yet to have it leak. I have a tendency to over drip and over Squonk so big plus!

Only RDA'S I have that don't leak are
Reload X - Reload Vapor
Mose V1 and V2 - MCM
Darang V1 and V3 - Gatub
Anya - Gatub

The Reload and Mose's are bottom air so excellent flavor.

My OBS Crius RDA can't leak and my Augvape BTFC RDA is leak resistant. The airflow on the Crius is similar to the Reload X. The BTFC is more of a bottom airflow. I like both of those for leak free squonking.

VU Sponsors