Become a Patron!

need rba help!!!

So I just bought a smok big baby tank and my sigelei 150 tc box won't run the rba. It says low resistance on the box and won't fire. I need to know how to make or buy different coils for the rba to make the resistance higher so my box will run it, I'm no expert at rba building so I really need help, thanks

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is the RBA? What is the build you are trying using what combination of wire?

LOW RESISTANCE COULD BE A BAD BUILD COULD ALSO BE A MOD ISSUE COULD BE A STRAY BIT OF COIL WIRE IN THE 510.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The rba is the one that comes with the big baby tank, I'm new to rba and have never built a coil, just bought the pre made coil wraps and wicked them. I'm just trying to make it so it will fire up. I run my box low like under 30 watts, just like to puff and not blow huge clouds. The coils I have in it now are pre made wraps that came in the rba. It's a duel coil rba. My box fired it in the store once to test it and once we put cotton and juice in it would not fire again, nothing grounding out on deck or anywhere else. They said it could be cause my box won't go low enough. The rba fired on their boxes and not mine

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WHAT IS RESISTANCE OF BUILD? WHAT WAS INTENDED RESISTANCE OF BUILD? What wires were used to make the build?? Cant tell you whats wrong unless we know what the problem is.. It doesn't fire isn't enough info.... Did you charge the batteries? I vape at less than 30 watts and vape on coils from .2 ohms to 3 ohms to do it. Alternate is I can build for 200watts using those same ohm numbers. the difference will be my wire choice and the mod I use to power it.....

I don't care THAT you have a problem, but to help I have to know exactly what the possible causes might be.. Not having the atty in MY hand You have to tell us EVERYTHING about the gear you are having problems with.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The coils that come with the Big Baby RBA are .3 ohms. and the Sigelei should run down to .1 ohms. The coils running on that box should not be an issue. What did the ohms show on your friends mod when he fired the coils. Sounds like you are having a connection problem of some kind.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The coils that come with the Big Baby RBA are .3 ohms. and the Sigelei should run down to .1 ohms. The coils running on that box should not be an issue. What did the ohms show on your friends mod when he fired the coils. Sounds like you are having a connection problem of some kind.

What we don't know is what the ohm reads for the DIY coil or premade coil in the RBA. or what the metal is.... And that might matter. Other than That I agree some kind of coonection issues.. Queastion I have is that BY DESIGN or by error?

.1 ohms is what the guys at the vape shops box read. I have been to 2 vape shops with 2 different big baby tanks and both read low resistance. Neither shop could figure it out, and that's what they do for a living lol. I need to read up and learn about all this. Don't know the ohms of the factory coils in the rba cause it won't register on the screen. Can u buy wire and wrap yourself? I'm guessing without the proper tools you wouldn't be very successful though and could damage your box. Wish they sold pre mades

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They make premade coils and you can buy them online. Get some different coils, wick them up and give them a try. They are very inexpensive unless you get into crazy builds and there is no reason for someone just starting out with an RBA to do that. You can buy some premade claptons and they will work great.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.1 ohms is what the guys at the vape shops box read. I have been to 2 vape shops with 2 different big baby tanks and both read low resistance. Neither shop could figure it out, and that's what they do for a living lol. I need to read up and learn about all this. Don't know the ohms of the factory coils in the rba cause it won't register on the screen. Can u buy wire and wrap yourself? I'm guessing without the proper tools you wouldn't be very successful though and could damage your box. Wish they sold pre mades

Buy some premade clapton coils and change them out. The ones that come with the big baby should not be .1 and if they are then that's probably your problem since the Sigelei only fires to .1

They make premade coils and you can buy them online. Get some different coils, wick them up and give them a try. They are very inexpensive unless you get into crazy builds and there is no reason for someone just starting out with an RBA to do that. You can buy some premade claptons and they will work great.
What range of pre made coils would I want to raise the rresistance to avoid the low resistance reading on my box? Thank you!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
0.1Ω is very low, your mod is probably reading it below that so it's not going to fire. As for that's what they do for a living, don't put much faith in them for I've found 99% of them haven't a clue and only know how to push what gear their boss tells them to.

You can get some premade coils now to get up up and going immediately but it's best to just make your own, it's not rocket science. Best advice I have is get a Coil Master Kit, watch a few youtubes on coil building and you're off and running.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What range of pre made coils would I want to raise the rresistance to avoid the low resistance reading on my box? Thank you!

Get some pre-mades that are at least .4 ohms each and that will get you into a workable range. Just cut the single coil ohm reading in half for dual coils and be at or above .2 and you should be fine. Make sure you get all your grub screws tight and clip any excess to prevent shorting. Your buddy at the vape store should be able to assist you and get you hooked up with some good coils. Just make sure you tell him you need to be at .2 or above and that you don't want a competition build.

VU Sponsors