Become a Patron!

Need recommendations for higher wattage device

Im The Doctor

Member For 4 Years
Looking at getting a higher wattage device - doesn't have to be 1.21 gigawatts but would like something at least 40 watts. Been doing some looking, like the idea of a box mod. Don't have anything in particular in mind so open to any suggestions.

Thanks!

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sx mini 60 watt...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
A Hana DNA 40 is a good 40w mod. However, I found out, while using more RDAs, I ran out of power real quick. Therefore, I bought the Sigelei 100 Plus. Not disappointed at all. Next I'll get the Sigelei 150W. I saw a review of a German guy that had a Oziloscope hooked up to both devices, and the Sigelei out performed the iPV 150W, especially in the higher wattage ranges.

When buying your new device, make sure it has a self adjusting pin. The adjustable (the ones that you have to screw in/out) are ok when you stick with one top. However, it can get boring when you change the tops a lot and you have to re-adjust every time.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sigelei 100 watt plus. All the power you need and even if you don't use it all you get good runtime due to the dual battery configuration. Owner reviews are all great also. Don't waste money on something that ends up being underpowered or drains batteries too fast. Get the big Sig and be done.

Im The Doctor

Member For 4 Years
Sigelei 100 watt plus. All the power you need and even if you don't use it all you get good runtime due to the dual battery configuration. Owner reviews are all great also. Don't waste money on something that ends up being underpowered or drains batteries too fast. Get the big Sig and be done.
I was looking at this and the ipv3, then I noticed Sigelei has a 150w out now so leaning towards that. Don't know that I'll need the 150 watts but I'd rather be looking at it than for it. Right now just thinking about a subtank, atlantis, etc. I have mechs and rba's but if I could get something with similar performance but less hassle I'm willing to try it

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dual 18650 mechanical box. Learn how each build effects the power drawn from your batteries, and your good to go. As much or as little power as you please. Oh yea, their cheap.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was looking at this and the ipv3, then I noticed Sigelei has a 150w out now so leaning towards that. Don't know that I'll need the 150 watts but I'd rather be looking at it than for it. Right now just thinking about a subtank, atlantis, etc. I have mechs and rba's but if I could get something with similar performance but less hassle I'm willing to try it

I've been doing my research into a new box too. I'm definitely going Sigelei 100W+ (or 150W), they're reliable, built right, and they have great reviews. I won't really be using the super high wattage but it's nice to know if I ever wanted to I could lol

NCHornet

Member For 4 Years
I was in the same boat as you. There are hundreds of devices in the 50W range. I settled on the new XPRO M65 and I couldn't be happier. My son was visiting on leave and he taught me about sub ohming, and building your own coils and such. I ended up buying the Atlantis, I don't want to get into building coils and what not. I like being able to screw in a .5 coil and start vaping. The XPRO was the right choice for me. You need to ask your self what is important to you and what you want in a mod. My son had the Sigelei 100 watt mod and I tried it. I didn't like how it acted after about 50 watts or so, my opinion is there is no reason for that much power. Replaceable batteries are a deal breaker for me. If you can't replace them then you must throw the whole thing in the trash. Once you get a list of the features you want than you start narrowing your search down. Don't buy something because member X said it was the best thing since sliced bread, his needs could be totally opposite of your needs.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Every member here that I've ever seen who has a sig 100 or 150 and an ipv says the sig is a better device. That's pretty significant to me.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You will love the Siggy 100 watt.

And you can also get a cool Tardis wrap for it as well!

Maynard

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Loving my Sigelei 100 Plus! Did a lot of homework and settled on the Sig 100 Plus, and couldn't be happier with it.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a sig 150W, very happy with it!

great battery life when using a subtank/atlantis

Im The Doctor

Member For 4 Years
I was in the same boat as you. There are hundreds of devices in the 50W range. I settled on the new XPRO M65 and I couldn't be happier. My son was visiting on leave and he taught me about sub ohming, and building your own coils and such. I ended up buying the Atlantis, I don't want to get into building coils and what not. I like being able to screw in a .5 coil and start vaping. The XPRO was the right choice for me. You need to ask your self what is important to you and what you want in a mod. My son had the Sigelei 100 watt mod and I tried it. I didn't like how it acted after about 50 watts or so, my opinion is there is no reason for that much power. Replaceable batteries are a deal breaker for me. If you can't replace them then you must throw the whole thing in the trash. Once you get a list of the features you want than you start narrowing your search down. Don't buy something because member X said it was the best thing since sliced bread, his needs could be totally opposite of your needs.

I was looking at this earlier, wasn't there anumber issue with the firing button? May have been on the early ones or may be something else I was reading about

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Every member here that I've ever seen who has a sig 100 or 150 and an ipv says the sig is a better device. That's pretty significant to me.

Well here's your first. I have both the iPV3 and the Sig 100plus. While I like both of them I do like the iPV3 better. It feels lighter and just feels better overall, plus I like the smaller buttons, the firing button position, the memory settings, and the overall feel of the carbon body better. That being said, the Sig 100plus is an awesome device for the money, I just "prefer" the iPV3. If money was a factor and I didn't already have the iPV3, I would go with the Sig 100plus in a heartbeat, just don't get the regular Sig 100, make sure its the plus.

Reactions: JXN

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another with both the Sigelei 100+ and the IPV3. I wouldn't say the Sig is better. I like certain things better on the IPV3 (looks buttons feel, battery compartment) and went with it as my 1st choice. Added the 100+ when the price dropped. Happy with both.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 1st choice as I wrote. It is more versatile, range from 7 watts up to 165. The Sigelei can't fire my Rose V2 with a 1.6 ohm coil below 4 volts. I really like the cover that came with the Sigelei but that defeats the purpose of it's better access magnetic door. YMMV.

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would keep the iPV3. Actually I did, I gave the Sig to my wife. You really can't go wrong either way. I mainly like the firing button position, so I can use my thumb and have the atty closer to me, the Sig requires firing with your index finger with the atty close to you. And that firing button is just huge and clicks loud.

Im The Doctor

Member For 4 Years
I'm leaning towards the Sigelei 150w with an Atlantis tank. I do sub-ohm now with mechs and rba's but was looking for something easier. Price wasn't really the issue since they're close, for me it came down to magnets vs screws. Also like the bigger firing button on the Sig.

NCHornet

Member For 4 Years
I was looking at this earlier, wasn't there anumber issue with the firing button? May have been on the early ones or may be something else I was reading about

The only thing I was aware of, was in the early vision there was a slight delay coming out of sleep mode. This has all been corrected in the M65, as well as allowing usage while charging. Mine charges in about an hour from 30% to 100" using a 2am wall plug. Works great for me.

VU Sponsors