Become a Patron!

Need recommendations on new tank for evic vtc mini?

flowerseer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got the evic vtc mini and am not liking the tank. Could someone recommend something better? If possible, I would like one with a plastic mouth piece, but other than that I guess I don't care what type-just something better! lol. I did some research and read the Nautilus mini is good along with Crown Uwell (I think that's the name) TCT, and a Smok tank. Sorry, not sure if I have all those names correct. Will all these work with the evic vtc mini? Thanks in advance! :)

liblue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am using the iSub Apex with mine.................it pyrex tipped but you can change if you wanted to.....a;though I do like the extra air hole in the tip.....

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What kind of draw do you like? More restricted, wider air flow, warmer or cooler? Large capacity? Pyrex or PCB?

flowerseer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What kind of draw do you like? More restricted, wider air flow, warmer or cooler? Large capacity? Pyrex or PCB?
I like a cooler vape and have been leaving the airflow hole open about halfway. I'm not too concerned about the capacity I guess. Sorry not sure what you mean by pyrex or pcb?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
pyrex or pcb?
Glass versus plastic.

You might like the Eleaf GS tank (not the GS Air) It's glass, holds 3mls, has adjustable airflow and produces great flavor. Very reasonably price, too.I got mine at Discount Vapers, they also sell the coils for TC or regular power.

flowerseer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am looking at the Kanger Toptank Mini. It looks to have a plastic mouth piece but I can't tell from the pics for sure. Will this work on the evic vtc mini? Is it a good tank? My last kanger tank leaked bad so not sure I want another!

flowerseer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok probably a dumb question but I'm looking at the Kanger toptank mini and it says it comes with a mini screwdriver and screws. What the heck is that for?

liblue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok probably a dumb question but I'm looking at the Kanger toptank mini and it says it comes with a mini screwdriver and screws. What the heck is that for?
Mini RBA Deck Plus

liblue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It comes with both..............
1 x TOPTANK Mini
1 x 0.15ohm SSOCC Ni200 Coil (TC) Atomizer Head (Pre-Installed)
1 x 0.5ohm SSOCC Atomizer Head
1 x Mini RBA Deck Plus
1 x Set of Screws
1 x Screwdriver
1 x Prebuilt Micro Coil
1 x Cotton Pad

liblue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Innokin-iSub-APEX-Top-Filled-Subtank-p/ink-ish.htm
  • 510 Threaded
  • Dimensions: 2-1/2"L x 7/8"D (Including threads and drip tip)
  • Diameter: 22mm
  • 3ml Capacity
  • Patented PRISM Flavor+ Boost
  • Quick and Clean Top Fill
  • Adjustable Dual Airflow
  • Removable Drip Tip
  • Stainless Steel Construction
  • Glass Tank
  • Compatible with iSub Coils
  • 100% Japanese Organic Cotton
  • No-Spill Coil Swap System

flowerseer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Innokin-iSub-APEX-Top-Filled-Subtank-p/ink-ish.htm
  • 510 Threaded
  • Dimensions: 2-1/2"L x 7/8"D (Including threads and drip tip)
  • Diameter: 22mm
  • 3ml Capacity
  • Patented PRISM Flavor+ Boost
  • Quick and Clean Top Fill
  • Adjustable Dual Airflow
  • Removable Drip Tip
  • Stainless Steel Construction
  • Glass Tank
  • Compatible with iSub Coils
  • 100% Japanese Organic Cotton
  • No-Spill Coil Swap System
this is another tank I had read was good. I wish I could just buy 4 or 5 different ones and try them all!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife has the Tiffany vtc mini and also did not like the tank (nobody does). She has tried a few tanks on it now and the new matching color cubis tank is her favorite.
I think some portion of that is because the joyetech tank matches the joyetech mod:) but it does give you very good vape and flavor and the air flow can be choked off quite a bit if you want.

The stainless coils run very well on that mod and are pretty cheap.

Screenshot_2016-03-24-13-43-56.png

http://www.joyetech.com/product/cubis-atomizer/?age-verified=48e79905ed

Last edited:

flowerseer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My wife has the Tiffany vtc mini and also did not like the tank (nobody does). She has tried a few tanks on it now and the new matching color cubis tank is her favorite.
I think some portion of that is because the joyetech tank matches the joyetech mod:) but it does give you very good vape and flavor and the air flow can be choked off quite a bit if you want.

The stainless coils run very well on that mod and are pretty cheap.

View attachment 44711

http://www.joyetech.com/product/cubis-atomizer/?age-verified=48e79905ed
Oh cool! I haven't seen this one yet. I have the same color so yeah I wouldn't mind having a matching tank either. lol Can I still use Nickel coils with this tank?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They have 2 SS coils (better for TC in my opinion) and a kanthal clapton. Your mod with temp control SS so that's what you want anyway.

Screenshot_2016-03-24-13-56-04.png

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Disclaimer, it is not a 100% exact color match if you have the older tiffany vtc mini that came with the one or tron tank (like you have) but it's 99% and closer than the tiffany super mini tank that she loved but couldn't deal with the off color match.
The brand new vtc mini that comes with the cubis is a match obviously but other than color, there's no difference.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh cool! I haven't seen this one yet. I have the same color so yeah I wouldn't mind having a matching tank either. lol Can I still use Nickel coils with this tank?

Haven't seen any Nickel Coils for the Cubis yet, and I know it doesn't come with any.
But maybe they've started making them now IDK.
But I actually liked the 1.5 Claptons the best, well, for MTL anyway.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just got the evic vtc mini and am not liking the tank. Could someone recommend something better? If possible, I would like one with a plastic mouth piece, but other than that I guess I don't care what type-just something better! lol. I did some research and read the Nautilus mini is good along with Crown Uwell (I think that's the name) TCT, and a Smok tank. Sorry, not sure if I have all those names correct. Will all these work with the evic vtc mini? Thanks in advance! :)

The Nautilus Mini has a very tight, mouth to lung draw, but the Crown and SMOK tfv4 are mainly for direct lung inhales, and produce big clouds.

If not sure which you prefer, maybe consider a tank that can use several different coils for different Vape results, such as the Aspire Triton 2. Your mod has enough power for something like this.

F

fckaugust8th

Crown and SMOK tfv4 are mainly for direct lung inhales,
So I take it you wouldn't suggest the Smok TFV4 micro, even with the 1.8 ohm coil? I'm asking because I have it in the cart, ready to order along with the dual clapton rba. They (SMOK) are about to release a single coil RBA also, it is a pre-order for now.

flowerseer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One more question! I ended up getting the Kangertech tank I mentioned above. There's a few other tanks mentioned in this thread I still want to try though! I like it for sure but now I kinda want a bigger mod for it. LOL Oh well for another day. My question is can I still use my Joyetech nickel coils in my new tank? Just now sure if I can mix brands like that.

F

fckaugust8th

Kanger tanks use Kanger coils and although there are some tanks that can use coils from different manufacturers, the Kangertech tank you purchased is not one of them to my knowledge. As for a "bigger" mod, you can buy any mod you like since the 510 connection has become almost the standard for both the tank and mod manufacturers.

Froggie1rw

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the Cubis on my mini right now. You can use Ni, Ti, SS or clapton heads with it. It comes with SS .5 ohm, SS 1.0 ohm and Clapton 1.5 ohm. Break in the heads in wattage mode starting on the low end recommended for the head and make sure to prime the head until it starts to just run out the holes on the bottom. The first few draws it will gurgle just a bit because you have basically flooded the head, but that's ok. After about 10-15 draws up the wattage about 2 watts and continue until you have the wattage where you want it. With Ni, Ti or SS you can then switch over to tc mode and run temp. I learned this the hard way and burned the 2 SS heads pretty bad.

It does come with 2 plastic drip tips not metal. One matches the color of the tank and the other one is clear.

If you have anymore questions just let us know :)

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Cubis on my mini right now. You can use Ni, Ti, SS or clapton heads with it. It comes with SS .5 ohm, SS 1.0 ohm and Clapton 1.5 ohm. Break in the heads in wattage mode starting on the low end recommended for the head and make sure to prime the head until it starts to just run out the holes on the bottom. The first few draws it will gurgle just a bit because you have basically flooded the head, but that's ok. After about 10-15 draws up the wattage about 2 watts and continue until you have the wattage where you want it. With Ni, Ti or SS you can then switch over to tc mode and run temp. I learned this the hard way and burned the 2 SS heads pretty bad.

It does come with 2 plastic drip tips not metal. One matches the color of the tank and the other one is clear.

If you have anymore questions just let us know :)
Thoughts on the cubis tank after using it for awhile? My ol lady also has the cyan colored vtc and I'm looking to upgrade her tank, trying to be matchy matchy . how's the coil life?

Froggie1rw

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Coil life really depends on how much you vape and if you take long hard draws or short draws. At the time I had the cubis it was a starter setup for me so I took shorter draws so a coil would last about a week or so. Now I take longer stronger draws and have sold that setup. If I used it now they wouldn't last nearly as long.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That may suit her , just hear things about coil life and gurgling seemed finiky, may just get her a tfv4 mini. Looking a low profile tank , reliable and not so power hungry for her. Me totally opposite i have plenty, just not many cyan color opts out there

gfdeputy2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have hated every Joyetech tank I have used & that includes just about everything up to the Ultimo. I have not used the Ultimo or the new Ornate so I would say anything other than a Joyetech tank is an improvement. I will say I have had great luck with Joyetech Mods & also had great luck with the original crown tanks. not sure about the new Uwell line though. my go to tanks now are my limitless XL & my new freemax Starre Pure. the XL is a very thirsty tank though. The Pure is more like the crown slightly more juice consumption

VU Sponsors