Become a Patron!

Need simple cloud chaser builds for my mech

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Need advice on simple cloud chaser builds for my mech I'm running a single lghb6 battery and I have 24G kanthal, 26G nichrome N80 and 26G ss316l wire

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ever figure out a good build?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Well lol I kinda just bought a HOGV2 so my mech has just been sitting on the shelf so eh no not really but I got my hog ripping and chucking tho!!

Attachments

• IMG_20161213_144444.jpg
    IMG_20161213_144444.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 18

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ever figure out a good build?

So with a single 18650 hybrid mech do you get bigger clouds with higher ohms or lower ohms? I been to afraid to build lower than 0.16 on a single mech ..

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lower ohms equals higher watts want more surface area etc. I generally use 22g kanthal for my cloud builds but I don't get crazy low right now either

AndyHav8

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If I'm going for clouds I generally use 22g kanthal. Dual parallel, 4 wraps I think. Comes out to .07.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A bit. But I know my battery safety, and don't build that low very often.

No, you don't. How many amps do you think this is pulling from a single battery??????

60 amps. Sixty. Six O. As in "not safe for any parallel box, much less a single" sixty amps.

Please enlighten me as to what you know about battery safety. Maybe I am missing something?

Last edited:

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So with a single 18650 hybrid mech do you get bigger clouds with higher ohms or lower ohms? I been to afraid to build lower than 0.16 on a single mech ..

You wanna build low. But at .16, you are pulling something like 26 amps. Ok with a 30w battery, but even then really pushing it and not leaving any headroom. Hopefully you have a legit 30A battery. EDIT- saw u mentioned your hb6

If u wanna build a mech for clouds, i suggest a series box. But, i also suggest you make sure you build high. Like above 0.6 ohms on that series.

Or a parallel and can build a little lower than for a single battery.

Series doubles voltage. Amps stay the same.
Parallel volts stay the same, amps available are time and a half.

Last edited:
Need advice on simple cloud chaser builds for my mech I'm running a single lghb6 battery and I have 24G kanthal, 26G nichrome N80 and 26G ss316l wire

I've been using 20g kanthal 5 to 7 wraps on my mech for a few months now. .1 to .14 ohms depending on 5, 6, or 7 wraps. Very simple build and produces lots of vapor. I've built it down to .08 once or twice with 4 wraps but it was too hot for my liking. I'm looking to build something different though with a bit more flavor. I love the warmer vapes, but i hate sacrificing flavor.

These builds are on a Vaperz Cloud X1 Competition Mod and RDA

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You wanna build low. But at .16, you are pulling something like 26 amps. Ok with a 30w battery, but even then really pushing it and not leaving any headroom. Hopefully you have a legit 30A battery. EDIT- saw u mentioned your hb6

If u wanna build a mech for clouds, i suggest a series box. But, i also suggest you make sure you build high. Like above 0.6 ohms on that series.

Or a parallel and can build a little lower than for a single battery.

Series doubles voltage. Amps stay the same.
Parallel volts stay the same, amps available are time and a half.

Yep!

When I'm in the mood to chuck some obscene clouds this the Beast I turn to with a 0.4 build -

BP_zpsjbrnsipi.jpg

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys are f'ing crazy.

Be safe.

I like my teeth and face the way they are.
Ditto, I also enjoy my teeth and face. Saw once a stupid fuck post a 0.03 build on a HOG Clone on YouTube, thought it was cool and was whining about the insulators on his RDA melting. The idiot got so much shit in the comments he took the vid down.

Single battery mod's I build around 0.2 with SS fused Claptons, nice warm, responsive and very thick Vape. Parallel I usually build the same but sometimes go down to 0.15, depends on mood and the juice.

With my series Mod's I like staying around 0.6-0.7 unless I'm feeling rowdy. Then I'll break out the Big Pig, with the new iJoy 26650's I put a 0.4 with triple fused claptons on my Prophet 30mm. Tell you what that rowdy bitch will kick out some really thick and obscene clouds.

If you know how to build right you don't have to build so damn low.

VU Sponsors