Become a Patron!

Need Some Advice (Repost from Gen Discussion)

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I've been making my Sweet Wild Berry juice for a few months now. Recipe I use is

Boysenberry by FLV @ 5%
Fuji by FA @ 3%
Shisha Strawberry by INW @ 5%
Sweetener by TFA @ 1%
Marshmallow by TFA @ .5%
Meringue by FA @ .5%
1.5% 100mg Nic in VG
83.5% VG

I make my main flavors in 240mL glass bottles. I just started making the Sweet Berry in 240 mL and have noticed that the liquid is a bit cloudy. When I look at my other juices, they're all clear. So I made another batch to compare and it was clear until about an hour later, where it took on the same cloudy look.

Is this normal (possibly a flavoring?)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i use all FA flavors with a few exceptions
i identify my flavors by what color they are
my apple cinnamon is what some may call light green tinit
peach/mango is slightly orange
caramel apple danish is camelish colored
3 milky musketters is chocolate colored

yes some flavorings have a color to them

i use FA fuji with FA stark and FA pear with TFA cinnamon red hots
and its a slightly light green color after its mixed well maybe a yellowish green
its faint
its not like dark by any means
but the tint is there

i use DIYflavorshacks root beer flavor and its slightly brown tinted

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, it looks more cloudy, but I'll throw the juice in a clear bottle so I can check if it's colored and not cloudy.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hmm .. have any of your ingredients been subjected to heat? or are any older than say 6/12 months? or have you restocked any recently (bad batch)

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hmm .. have any of your ingredients been subjected to heat? or are any older than say 6/12 months? or have you restocked any recently (bad batch)
The first was the last of my old FLV Boysenberry (only 2 months old). The new one was with all new FLV Boysenberry. Everything else is 2-3 months old, but has been kept in mini fridge just for my vape flavors and VG/PG.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thought this post looked familiar - ran across the other thread and thought "I Know I posted..." haha.. think it was @Heabob in the other thread that mentioned the sweetener may be the issue.. hadn't even thought of that even tho that has happened to me with the particulates. Think it was AP if I recall. That would seem to be the most likely culprit. Definitely would like to hear if you figure it out tho.

I have a banana recipe that gets cloudy a little bit after mixing and clears up after about a week or so of steeping. It uses TFA ripe banana and I know that it is the culprit. I can mix all the other flavors without the banana and it doesn't get cloudy. I have been mixing this flavor for over 3 years and it almost always happens. It is the only recipe I have that does it. It is pretty simple: FW bavarian cream, TFA vanilla bean ice cream, vanilla swirl and .25% of ripe banana. Barely any of the banana and I am certain the banana causes the issue. I just let it steep out and it has been fine. The cloudiness looks to me like the VG is more visible. I have tried heating it, but that does not make it go away. It is a mystery. lol

I do not use sweetener at all. I noticed that the ripe banana is one of the few flavors they have that contain ethyl alcohol, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I have used all the other flavors that you are using in that recipe except for the boysenberry without cloudiness, not sure if that could be the culprit.

VU Sponsors