Become a Patron!

Need some advice! :)

I'm sure there is already a discussion board for what I'm going to ask but here it goes... I'm semi new to vaping and Want to learn more. I started off with just a starter kit but want more smoke. Possibly looking to build my own... I was looking online and saw one that had a 2nd amendment thing on the side and fell in love with it! Not sure what it was called though, maybe a box mod of something along those lines.... well I'm not quite sure where to start. So any tips or advice or anything at all would be greatly appreciated!!!

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you enjoy reading, there's a wealth of information on this site to browse through. Otherwise, watch a bunch of YouTube videos so you can see some of the amazing gear out there. One place to start is a user named Rip Trippers. Some people like tanks, some like dripping. Without the ability to test out gear before you buy, you will likely spend some money unnecessarily until you find what works for you.

What kind of kit did you start with? (So we know how much farther you want to go)

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm sure there is already a discussion board for what I'm going to ask but here it goes... I'm semi new to vaping and Want to learn more. I started off with just a starter kit but want more smoke. Possibly looking to build my own... I was looking online and saw one that had a 2nd amendment thing on the side and fell in love with it! Not sure what it was called though, maybe a box mod of something along those lines.... well I'm not quite sure where to start. So any tips or advice or anything at all would be greatly appreciated!!!
You've definitely come to the right place to find more info. Check out our newbie section... lots of good info there.

6cede7f360e822a9418c3433eed28d7d.jpg

Just got the new tank for it today because the one that came with it was garbage to say the least

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think I see a Kanger ProTank, on top of an eGo style battery. From there if you want more vapor, you'll want to step up to an RDA or RTA. Both are rebuildable atomizers, but one is a tank, and one is for dripping. It's hard to make a recommendation, because so many people enjoy both, in different situations. All I can say is find a local vape shop or vaper and try out some things to find what you like. If you can't get to one of those, you'll have to rely on videos or written reviews.

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
6cede7f360e822a9418c3433eed28d7d.jpg

Just got the new tank for it today because the one that came with it was garbage to say the least

Welcome to the forum. Since you're just starting out I wouldn't recommend going the RBA and RDA route unless you're prepared to spend the required time in learning about the the products, their operations, maintenance and functionality. Youtube can certainly help in the process because you'll get visual demonstrations and more people are visual learners anyway, so that's one way to go about educating yourself. However, going from a basic set up like you have in the above photo would simply require a minor upgrade in the gear that you use. In order to get more vapor you will need a better battery. I would recommend you look into a variable voltage spinner type eGo battery. The variable voltage usually operates from 3.2 - 4.8 Volts allowing more power regulation to the coil in order to vaporize your liquid into a vapor mist form. Batteries come in all sizes, shapes and styles but typically are cylindrical. Good brands are Vision Spinners and the new Aspire CF VV both are good and both will allow for more power adjustment. The second thing you need is a better tank, one with airflow control in order to regulate your draw on inhale. Not all tanks are made the same and the more expensive do not necessarily offer a better vape. I suggest you look into the Aerotank V2 it's a goos tank and holds plenty of juice to last you most of the day. It's stainless steel and built very well with an upgraded airflow controller to give you variation in finding your best draw. Some people like loose draws and others prefer a tighter draw, this is especially common for people who are just transitioning from (analogs) standard cigarettes. These are very good tanks and you can easily find coil heads almost anywhere online or your local B&M store. Be sure to purchase the upgrade coils with the enclosed wicks. Lastly, after you have done all of the above, look into increasing your VG in your juice ratio. The Vegetable Glycerin is the colorless viscous liquid known to produce the extra vapor you seek while muting some of the flavoring and decreasing the effect of your throat hit. It's lighter on the throat as well and people are less prone towards having allergic reactions from it. You can check various online vendors that specialize in pure organic VG juices with pharmaceutical grade ingredients. You can go here to get the best VG juices www.virginvapor.com and www.kindjuice.com to give you the quality vape you seek and give you more clouds. I would start here first as the next step from the basic eGo non variable voltage battery and see if you find your sweet spot and overall satisfaction. Then you can get into RBA and RDA dripping and coil building if you choose down the line. Best wishes!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the forum. Since you're just starting out I wouldn't recommend going the RBA and RDA route unless you're prepared to spend the required time in learning about the the products, their operations, maintenance and functionality. Youtube can certainly help in the process because you'll get visual demonstrations and more people are visual learners anyway, so that's one way to go about educating yourself. However, going from a basic set up like you have in the above photo would simply require a minor upgrade in the gear that you use. In order to get more vapor you will need a better battery. I would recommend you look into a variable voltage spinner type eGo battery. The variable voltage usually operates from 3.2 - 4.8 Volts allowing more power regulation to the coil in order to vaporize your liquid into a vapor mist form. Batteries come in all sizes, shapes and styles but typically are cylindrical. Good brands are Vision Spinners and the new Aspire CF VV both are good and both will allow for more power adjustment. The second thing you need is a better tank, one with airflow control in order to regulate your draw on inhale. Not all tanks are made the same and the more expensive do not necessarily offer a better vape. I suggest you look into the Aerotank V2 it's a goos tank and holds plenty of juice to last you most of the day. It's stainless steel and built very well with an upgraded airflow controller to give you variation in finding your best draw. Some people like loose draws and others prefer a tighter draw, this is especially common for people who are just transitioning from (analogs) standard cigarettes. These are very good tanks and you can easily find coil heads almost anywhere online or your local B&M store. Be sure to purchase the upgrade coils with the enclosed wicks. Lastly, after you have done all of the above, look into increasing your VG in your juice ratio. The Vegetable Glycerin is the colorless viscous liquid known to produce the extra vapor you seek while muting some of the flavoring and decreasing the effect of your throat hit. It's lighter on the throat as well and people are less prone towards having allergic reactions from it. You can check various online vendors that specialize in pure organic VG juices with pharmaceutical grade ingredients. You can go here to get the best VG juices www.virginvapor.com and www.kindjuice.com to give you the quality vape you seek and give you more clouds. I would start here first as the next step from the basic eGo non variable voltage battery and see if you find your sweet spot and overall satisfaction. Then you can get into RBA and RDA dripping and coil building if you choose down the line. Best wishes!
Good Advice Dissonance! Good to see someone send a newbe down the right path.

evkoo.com

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you want more vapor ,you may try vapor box or mechanical mod with reasonable atomizer . Some atomizer can't fit mechanical mod . But fit other mech mod . This need you to text . Wish you find what you like .;)

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It depends on how much vapor you are looking for and how deep you want to get into it. I have an addictive personality so I jumped in pretty deep pretty fast (and wasted a fair bit of money doing so). I would recommend looking on youtube at indoor smokers and rip trippers. Indoor smokers has many reviews on attys you don't have to build (proprietary coils/wicks) such as the Nautilus/pro tank. Rip Trippers has many videos on buildables and drippers. It may give you an idea of how deep you want to go.

I would say, if you want to go rebuildable you may want to look into a regulated box mod. If you want to go with something like the Nautilus then you can get variable wattage/voltage mods that are fine for under $30 and smaller then box mods and such.

Also, if you have a vape shop near by I would go there before buying online. If prices are cheaper online you can still buy online, but most good vape shops will have tanks and juice samples you can try to see if you like it with rubber mouth pieces.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors