Need some advice

Discussion in 'Coil Building' started by spooner22, Jan 12, 2018.

1. spooner22

spooner22 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm new to building and need a little advice. I recently purchased the Athena sqwonk kit and built my first dual coil set up. It turned out a .55 ohm build and vapes O.K. I'm using a Hohm life battery for now have new Samsung 25R 18650 2500mAh 20A Battery on order. I'm using 26g Kanthel wire and did 8 wrapes. I'm wondering with the wire and battery I'm using on this mech mod how to get better cloud production. The flavor is good but clouds are pretty weak. Any advice would be great.

2. Mykreign

Mykreign Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    On a mech, lower owms = more power so...

make a parallel coil. They're pretty easy. 26gx2, 3mm I.D. 7 wraps, .23 ohms

That will bring you to about 76 watts whereas before you were running about 33 watts with a .55 ohm coil.

3. Zohmbiebuilds

Zohmbiebuilds Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Mech setups as previously stated are effected by the ohms of your coil. Think back to when you've used regulated before. On mech set ups I generally do go higher that way if I'm .2 or .13 I'll never go below a certain Wattage, and I know when it needs charged.

For me, I love fused Clapton .13 Nichrome80. The full Nichrome coil set rocks on mechs.

Also, 25rs are amazing, and for mech setups there are 2 batteries I would use those and vtcs. You can get a decent price from genuinecells on eBay or there website. Never once had bad service, and like there name says, always genuine cells.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

4. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Hohm tech make quality batteries. I can't remember off the top of my head but they perform better than the 25rs correct me if I'm wrong but there great quality

5. spooner22

spooner22 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Parallel? never tried to build one but I'll give it a shot. It can't be to difficult. Thanks for the suggestions.

6. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Parallels are definitely harder to do than regular but, not as bad as wrapping corkscrewed fused Claptons. The do tend to take a bit more practice but well worth it imo.

Just another step up in the build game. Imo if rather my own nichrome80 parallel 24g dual build than any Chinese made sweat shop special.

7. spooner22

spooner22 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Built a parallel set up on my dual coil mech on Sat. First time and it turned out great. I can't believe for how long I've been vaping I never tried building before now. Such a huge difference. Thanks for the info really helped.

Pegleg Meg likes this.