Become a Patron!

Need some advise

Jan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyways.. thanks guys. This helps me a lot. gonna be careful from now own.

Did a shop set you up with this, or did you pick this stuff up online?
Sadly yes. I did pick this all online. No f2f conversation with anyone. just online research and that's all. I'm surprise that I still have all my finger during that 1 month vaping a "Bomb" build.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, you do, so lets keep it that way and start from the beginning only do it smart.
What are you want your mod to do?
Are you looking to satisfy the cigarette craving or try and go the hobbyist route? Its almost two different things that are coming together so to speak.
When a new person asks me what they should should start with lately I've turned them onto the istick30 or istick50 and a kanger sub tank...
The istick30s normally in the 30$ neighborhood and the 50w about 50$.the 58w is good for someone wanting to go from tanks to drippers. They both have a good size on are batter, regulated so they have safety and wont let you fire a short. They also have a built in charger.
The sub tank comes with a pair of coils, and a rebuild deck with s build already in it. Its really a great little package for a new vapor to learn on while giving a very nice vape.
But it is not a good tank on a 4nine,in fact in a 4nine its missile so do not get the tank without the mod. That tank is normally in the 35-40 dollar range.
I'm jealous of you guys starting now, gear like that was no around when I started.

Jan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not thinking to be a collector. Just want to stop my addiction is my top priority right now. As for the mod, I do see the Istick 30w on sales and it looks pretty nice. but I got my eyes on cloupor mini on his display. it got this digital screen that shows volts/watts/ohm reading on it. I didn't ask him much, except how much is it. So, I'm planning on getting that cloupor mod next. The thing is, I don't know what atomizer should I get for it. any suggestion?

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not thinking to be a collector. Just want to stop my addiction is my top priority right now. As for the mod, I do see the Istick 30w on sales and it looks pretty nice. but I got my eyes on cloupor mini on his display. it got this digital screen that shows volts/watts/ohm reading on it. I didn't ask him much, except how much is it. So, I'm planning on getting that cloupor mod next. The thing is, I don't know what atomizer should I get for it. any suggestion?
Dont get the cloupor mini.. there have been quite a few issues with them. The istick, sigelei mini or ipv mini all have the same display as the cloupor but a much better devices. The advantage of the istick is you wont need batteries or a charger. It has internal batteries and charges via usb.

Jan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dont get the cloupor mini.. there have been quite a few issues with them. The istick, sigelei mini or ipv mini all have the same display as the cloupor but a much better devices. The advantage of the istick is you wont need batteries or a charger. It has internal batteries and charges via usb.
Any suggestion on any cheap mod other than you already suggested. Not interested on a fancy one, just something that can keep me save

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Any suggestion on any cheap mod other than you already suggested. Not interested on a fancy one, just something that can keep me save
Istick is probably best bang for your buck. Those are the most affordable and reliable 30 watt range devices available right now.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Second, third whatever number on the istick30w.
I honestly think the best beginner combo is the istick30w and the manger sub tank mini for an atomizer,
People who have been vaping for years are using that exact combo, its inexpensive, reliable and looks nice.
Then the sub tank has the rebuild deck, so if you want to learn that you have the option to learn without needing to buy anything else.

Reactions: Jan

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I honestly think the best beginner combo is the istick30w and the manger sub tank mini for an atomizer,
People who have been vaping for years are using that exact combo, its inexpensive, reliable and looks nice.
Then the sub tank has the rebuild deck, so if you want to learn that you have the option to learn without needing to buy anything else.
I dont own a subtank. Does the pos pin stick out past the 510. If not, op, if you get it, DO NOT use it on your mech.

Jan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks man, this really help. I will have this build in the future.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I dont own a subtank. Does the pos pin stick out past the 510. If not, op, if you get it, DO NOT use it on your mech.
No it doesn't, I thought I had mentioned that when I previously suggested it to the OP.
Thank you!.

kami917

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1st time when I started to vape I was in your shoes. only thing deferent was my 1st set up was hand me down authentic panzer with atomic that my friend was using for a gift and had sony vtc5 on it also local vape shop answer most of my questions and god bless you tube . Where I've leaned sub ohm, coil building, wicking ect. I did try blue and ecig name 58 or something and didn't work. now for people that starts I would recommend subtank mini with ipv mini 2. That would cost $110 or so although I've never got ipv mini 2. I'm 3rd month in to vaping it's more of a hobby than quiting cigarette due to its been month and one week cigarette free. Ended up with
Mech mod:
Panzer, stingray xti, black stingray x, glas phantom.
Box mod
Sigilei 100w+, vapor flask DNA 40 v2.1
RDA:
atomic, veritas, magma, manta v2, dark horse, plum veil 2.0, derringer(clone)
RTA / RBA :
Lemo drop, goblin v1.2, subtank mini, kafun v4(clone), atlantis.
Curiosity is a bitch
Don't ever take battery safety lightly

Jan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1st time when I started to vape I was in your shoes. only thing deferent was my 1st set up was hand me down authentic panzer with atomic that my friend was using for a gift and had sony vtc5 on it also local vape shop answer most of my questions and god bless you tube . Where I've leaned sub ohm, coil building, wicking ect. I did try blue and ecig name 58 or something and didn't work. now for people that starts I would recommend subtank mini with ipv mini 2. That would cost $110 or so although I've never got ipv mini 2. I'm 3rd month in to vaping it's more of a hobby than quiting cigarette due to its been month and one week cigarette free. Ended up with
Mech mod:
Panzer, stingray xti, black stingray x, glas phantom.
Box mod
Sigilei 100w+, vapor flask DNA 40 v2.1
RDA:
atomic, veritas, magma, manta v2, dark horse, plum veil 2.0, derringer(clone)
RTA / RBA :
Lemo drop, goblin v1.2, subtank mini, kafun v4(clone), atlantis.
Curiosity is a bitch
Don't ever take battery safety lightly
I'm looking at your first build, the panzer and atomic.. man that baby looks nice.

Jan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello guys.. I'm back, with my new setup, but probably classic to you all... I know you have suggested so many mods for me, as newbie, to use. but I already consider all the consequences, and take every thing into consideration. This is my setup.

20150330_215201_resized.jpg

Yes.. it is a cloupor mini + kanger subtank nano. the battery is Sony 18650 2600mAh VTC5. I fired it for 15 sec and the firing mechanism automatically cuts off, which is a good thing and yeah, I charged the battery separately, not using the USB cable to charge it. The vaping experience is so different compare when I used the 4nine mod + trident + cheap battery. The first time I vape with the cloupor mini, I smiled so hard that I cant even think straight.

I know some of you already warned me about the cloupor mini, but I think it is save to vape for now. However, I still need some thought from you guys on my decision to have cloupor mini as my first box mod.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would think cloupor has sported the mini out by now, if they have that should be a great low cost mod.
Glad to hear your enjoying the new setup, looks good.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just bought a K Mod. Had to wait on the Eagle to crap in my mail box. FT has some cheap stuff & I buy from them. Clone is as good for me. Never have I been dis appointed with them. Ordered an Atty a month ago, it just shipped. Investment.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was a time I could not even afford to smoke, but did. Vaping is so much better! Tastes more like life!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello guys.. I'm back, with my new setup, but probably classic to you all... I know you have suggested so many mods for me, as newbie, to use. but I already consider all the consequences, and take every thing into consideration. This is my setup.

View attachment 17943

Yes.. it is a cloupor mini + kanger subtank nano. the battery is Sony 18650 2600mAh VTC5. I fired it for 15 sec and the firing mechanism automatically cuts off, which is a good thing and yeah, I charged the battery separately, not using the USB cable to charge it. The vaping experience is so different compare when I used the 4nine mod + trident + cheap battery. The first time I vape with the cloupor mini, I smiled so hard that I cant even think straight.

I know some of you already warned me about the cloupor mini, but I think it is save to vape for now. However, I still need some thought from you guys on my decision to have cloupor mini as my first box mod.
If the box were black, it would be my setup! :D Love mine! Have had no problems at all, you'll be fine. Just continue to use a separate charger and it's great as a starter.

VU Sponsors