Become a Patron!

Need some help on these clouds

Keenanw

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
im gonna try to keep this short. I have a unregulated dual 18650 parallel box and run two blue samsungs in it and just got a dark horse rda. I have this problem with my builds running either too hot or not hot enough to give me the thick and big clouds I'm looking for. I'm currently running a dual parallel build with 24g gplat with5 or 6 wraps and its a beast, no ramp up time whatsoever and its good to hit for like maybe 3 seconds before the coils start turning red on me and burn my lungs. I've tried wrapping a parallel build 7 times on dual coils but it doesn't hit like I want in this box. I haven't pulled the ohm reader out yet but this build is probably no more than 0.15. What should I build that will give me the big fuckin stupid dumb thick clouds in looking for without my coils turning red on me. I also have 20g Nichrome but that shit gets me so pissed because I can't figure out a happy medium with that shit haha. It either chucks and gets too hot or it ramps up way too slow. I've tried dual parallel sleeper builds, single coils and everything under the sun but I can't seem to get it perfect for clouds. I've built on my patriot, mutation xv2 and my dark horse and ruled out my patriot for this.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How are you wicking this? If your coils are wicked right they should never turn red on you while you're vaping. Like, ever lol. It'd be helpful if you posted a clear photo of your build so we can see exactly what you're workin' with

Keenanw

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpg It's happened so many times. Currently using the gplat cotton I roll it just enough to form it , not tight and not super fluffy. I pull the cotton through and its always a snug fit but im able to pull the cotton from both sides and its in there just right in my noggin. But lately I can't drag for more than 4-5 seconds without it getting bad on me. any type of build that doesn't require a drill to twist wire I've tried on every Rda I have. I wish I could just twist my words because I had some twisted 24g wrapped 4 times with dual coils and it was a champ

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First, you have to stuff the wicks into parallel coils. I can see from your pic that you don't have enough cotton there. As also evidenced by them getting red. Like scarecrowjenkins said, that should NEVER happen. Second, you could probably use longer wicks, that fold up under your coils and cover the juice reservoir. Then you can keep the saturation level higher. IMG_20150113_234434.jpg
Something like this.

VU Sponsors