Become a Patron!

need some ideas for a diy build

So I recently bought the ipv4 even knowing all the bugs it had going for it, shortly after i got it it started reading "short" on the screen, i tinkered with my dripper rebuilt a coil looked for the short (without taking apart the mod itself) found nothing. so i thought i would try and see if it was just a hiccup. i screwed my dripper on and hit the fire button and she worked just fine...for about two pull and then it wouldnt stop firing , i quickly tried to remove the batteries and unscrew the dripper, but eventually caught the cotton on fire, lol. i did manage to get the batteries and dripper off, but after the lovely fire show my ipv4 must have fried itself because when ever i put new freshly charged batteries in it, it tells me "low battery".
So on to my real reason im here, I would like to know if there is a way i can repurpose my ipv4 so that i could make a usable mod again, i have eveything needed to make a "custom box mod"
i have a case, battery sled, 510 threads, hell even a mini display screen, all the parts that come with a ipv4 lol.
i just want to know if anybody on here could help me out of give me some kind of direction to go in.

ive already checked thr forum for a thread like this but nothing quite like this popped up, at least not while i was searching.
thanks for the help in advance, bandicuss.

anybody there?? lol, well i have this extra ipv2 that fires without pressing the button, anybody have ideas on what i can do with it, ive looked up what i acn online, but i usually get results involving ipv addresses for computer networks, or something like that. any input would be greatly appreciated!!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
anybody there?? lol, well i have this extra ipv2 that fires without pressing the button, anybody have ideas on what i can do with it, ive looked up what i acn online, but i usually get results involving ipv addresses for computer networks, or something like that. any input would be greatly appreciated!!

I will give you a free bump.

Its not that you are being ignored but sometimes it takes the VU peanut gallery to notice a thread and jump in.

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not that this will be of much help to you you but, you're not alone. I just had a smok 80 do the exact thing, it was caused by liquid leaking into the board.
Not e liquid but It was Dr. pepper that was spilled onto it.lol. Then my I stick 50 just died.
The big problem with the smok is the batteries don't come out and it smoked the board!
From what I can tell most of the mod is integrated into the board.
There's not too many other parts. Unless you have experience with repairing boards and locating and replacing whatever was burned up its gonna be tough.
Personally I would be afraid to reuse any electronics. But the hard parts could be re used. Maybe get a DNA board in there. That would be slick.
I know there are folks here with way more knowledge on these things than me and coud give you better ideas. I know some of the chips out there are not much cheaper than the new mods that are built with them. I paid $60 for my IPV4 and gratefully it's still going strong. Hope this makes you feel a little better anyway.

I didn't really plan on reusing the board, I took it out and looked at it and I see a burn spot on it, so I assume it's shot as is. I mostly want to reuse use all the parts except for the board, lol. I think I can get away with that, at least I hope I can.

So I still have all of parts for the ipv laying around if anybody would like to chime in.
Did you decide what you are going to do with the unit? I am trying to rebuild my husbands and i need the battery sled. If you are looking to get rid of parts
let me know . Thank You

VU Sponsors