Become a Patron!

Need something new

aferguson1219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used to use a Protank Mini 2 until I dropped it and the glass broke. I ended up going to a local vape shop to replace the tank. I ended up getting a T3s tank. It was inexpensive. The problem is I am going through coils way to fast. I did too with the Protank. Gets expensive. I am using like 2 a day. I guess I'm looking for options on something else to use that is not going to be so expensive. I am not into doing the whole rebuilding thing. I just want something that is going to last for a while even if I have to replace things. Oh and my normal juice is a 70/30 mix if that makes any difference

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What are you puting the tank on?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You can clean those coils, if you're not into rebuilding. Two a day is a lot. I could always get at least a week from a stock coil. What kind of juice are you using?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
70 pg or 70 vg? the darker colored and the sweeter juices clog coils pretty quickly

aferguson1219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Almost sounds like I need to find another juice. It's 70 PG. It's the only one that I've found that is not too sweet or anything. It's Green Tea. It's a normal Evod battery. I guess I'm looking for something that can stand up to it. Its not extremely dark though. Maybe I'm just ready for a new unit. I've been using this type for a couple years.

Last edited:

aferguson1219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can clean those coils, if you're not into rebuilding. Two a day is a lot. I could always get at least a week from a stock coil. What kind of juice are you using?
What's the best way to clean them?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What's the best way to clean them?

If you're using Protank/Evod coil heads (they're the same), you can dry burn and rinse those - youtube videos are your friend for a visual demonstration of that. Or you can soak them in alcohol, rinse well, and let dry. If you need one of those in a hurry, you can still use one that's not fully dry, your juice will just taste a bit muted for a bit, then the flavor will come through.

I use high PG juices, too. Sweet or dark ones do gunk up quicker, but I can still get close to a week on one of those. Just depends on the juice. If you are looking to upgrade, though, there are some great options these days. Your device has served you well at 2 years!

aferguson1219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're using Protank/Evod coil heads (they're the same), you can dry burn and rinse those - youtube videos are your friend for a visual demonstration of that. Or you can soak them in alcohol, rinse well, and let dry. If you need one of those in a hurry, you can still use one that's not fully dry, your juice will just taste a bit muted for a bit, then the flavor will come through.

I use high PG juices, too. Sweet or dark ones do gunk up quicker, but I can still get close to a week on one of those. Just depends on the juice. If you are looking to upgrade, though, there are some great options these days. Your device has served you well at 2 years!
I'll look on YouTube how to clean them. Thanks

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Look up dry burning protank or evod coils. Tons of vids on those. I'd still rinse them after, even if the video doesn't mention it. Get rid of that wonky taste.

aferguson1219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I did the dry burn on a few of the coils (yes I picked some out of the garbage, don't judge). After the "new" one I was using seemed spent (which I eventually dry burned that one) I replaced it with one of the ones I did. Wow!! It actually seemed to work better. Thanks everyone, I think this is gonna save me some money.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I did the dry burn on a few of the coils (yes I picked some out of the garbage, don't judge). After the "new" one I was using seemed spent (which I eventually dry burned that one) I replaced it with one of the ones I did. Wow!! It actually seemed to work better. Thanks everyone, I think this is gonna save me some money.

If you even think you might get into rebuilding, don't throw those away when they're done. Rebuilding those is easy. Tedious because they're tiny, but easy.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm really glad it worked out for you. I learned how to do this the same way you did.

mrkneeah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used to use a Protank Mini 2 until I dropped it and the glass broke. I ended up going to a local vape shop to replace the tank. I ended up getting a T3s tank. It was inexpensive. The problem is I am going through coils way to fast. I did too with the Protank. Gets expensive. I am using like 2 a day. I guess I'm looking for options on something else to use that is not going to be so expensive. I am not into doing the whole rebuilding thing. I just want something that is going to last for a while even if I have to replace things. Oh and my normal juice is a 70/30 mix if that makes any difference

Not sure if this is standard knowledge for everyone, but make sure that you are priming your atomizers before using them you can get a lot more life out of it that way. Cheers.

When life gets you down, blame gravity.

aferguson1219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure if this is standard knowledge for everyone, but make sure that you are priming your atomizers before using them you can get a lot more life out of it that way. Cheers.

Priming? I guess I realized I don't really know what I should

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Put a little juice directly on the wicks when you change your coil out. Let it sit a bit to soak in. This avoids dry hits. Those are horrible.

mrkneeah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, in addition to letting it soak in, you can take "simulated" puffs off the tank without any current. This will help transfer the liquid to the top of the atty.

aferguson1219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks so much for your advice guys. I have had the same 4 atomizer heads in rotation for 4 days now by doing the dry burn. This is gonna save me a lot of money

VU Sponsors