Become a Patron!

Need suggestions for new cheap beater mod.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking for el cheapo beater. By cheap I mean no more than $40. No problem ordering from China. Prefer dual 18650 and light weight. This is for work and I already carry enough shit attached to belt an in pockets.

Had been using a Thinkvape Thor but it's giving me problems where I have to remove the atomizer to get it to read correctly.

What say you VU community.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not as heavy as you'd think. Lighter than my dual battery Paranormal.

If the Paranormal is anything like the Therion then it's more on the heavy side. The thinkvape Thor weighs almost nothing, but it is also pretty much all plastic.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For comparison the Thor is 70g. The Geekvape legend is 250g and Holy Shit! the Augvape suggested earlier is only 63g!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking for el cheapo beater. By cheap I mean no more than $40. No problem ordering from China. Prefer dual 18650 and light weight. This is for work and I already carry enough shit attached to belt an in pockets.

Had been using a Thinkvape Thor but it's giving me problems where I have to remove the atomizer to get it to read correctly.

What say you VU community.
I recommend the HCigar Wildwolf.......

I have several and they rock......

7eb9f965fd6a54f9bbe0dbd3925f6e30.jpg

836ee2e2f21d9120bbae40053206b539.jpg

Last edited:

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
The Smoant Battlestar is a great mod, dual 18650, and can take a beating. I’ve watched reviews where they take it apart and it’s well built. It’s a good looking mod and it performs great in wattage and tc modes so whatever your style it’s got you covered.
Sourcemore has it for under $30 with code CVD2019

https://www.sourcemore.com/smoant-battlestar-200w-tc-box-mod-bronze-blue.html

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Went with the Augvape VX200 but the Wildwolf is on the radar. It also fits all of my criteria an is only slightly heavier at 100g.

I checked it out and from Hong Kong shipping was $5.99 and the USA warehouse was free shipping so it was really only $4 more but you will probably get it 10 days sooner.
Is the USA Warehouse the one you went with?

karacal

Member For 4 Years
You looking for a squonker or reg? I have this... small like a releaux gen2 dual...30.00
90958a7abaa7603151dfba13d3ae1986.jpg

#staycloudy
I like the tank, it is the only one I have found that is Freemax Mesh Pro compatible. The device is solid, 1 or 2 scratches, no battery door problems.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Misfit47

Member For 4 Years
Did you settle on one yet? I've been using a couple of geekvape aegis mods for 2 years at least. Can't speak highly enough about them. The original 26650 version.Its $50, but well worth it.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you settle on one yet? I've been using a couple of geekvape aegis mods for 2 years at least. Can't speak highly enough about them. The original 26650 version.Its $50, but well worth it.

Yes I did. Ended up going with the Augvape VX200. Great mod. Very light and very well built. Doesn't feel like a $20 mod. Use it everyday.

VU Sponsors