Become a Patron!

Need to change coil, already?

Lendo

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a Joyetech eGO AIO. I just received it this weekend, used it a little bit on Saturday and all day on Sunday. Just this morning I tasted a distinctive burnt taste and there was no vapor production. I changed the coil and it's back to normal. Is it really possible that I used up a coil in a day and a half. I have to admit that I probably used it quite a bit yesterday. But I think that I've filled up the 2 mL tank maybe 4 times total. Is there a mistake that I might have made to use up the coil so fast?

Thanks

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Should not have burned out so fast.

Might have either been vaping it at too high of wattage or vaping a thicker juice that takes longer to wick. Chain vaping tanks can burn the cotton because you are vaping faster than the cotton can absorb juice.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Coil should last longer than that. There's nothing to adjust so the only thing I can think of is a dry coil that didn't get wicked.
Was it sitting overnight empty and you didn't let it sit/prime before vaping? Other than that I got nothing.

There is no wattage control. Like Angrygod50 said could be lack of liquid. The only issue I had with mine was the battery began to drain quicker after about a month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sometimes you just get a bum coil!

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watch for firing that you don't know about, such as pressing the switch while it's in your pocket. Then you go to use it and it sucks.

Keep your tank no less than a quarter full at all times. If you go outside in the cold, your juice gets thick and won't wick as well.

Lendo

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow, thanks for all the advice guys. I'm only a couple of days into this, so I'm still learning.

There's nothing to adjust, so I didn't increase the wattage. I definitely did chain vape it the night before and it was probably mostly empty when I left it to charge overnight. I did not prime the coil again the next day. I got a couple of good hits off of it and then it tasted burnt. I'll make sure to not let the tank go down that far tonight.

I do notice that when I take a couple hits on it close together, the top gets pretty warm.

I'm guessing this is not the best device to use if I'm going to chain vape. I'm quitting smoking and I always tended to chain smoke in the morning and evening, but that was the only opportunity that I had to smoke. Any advice on a device that might take this treatment better?

Carhauler71

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome and good luck staying off the cigarettes! I'm right there with you. Been vaping for about 6 weeks and have been completely off the cigarettes for 6 days. Vape my most with my morning coffee and in the evening.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, thanks for all the advice guys. I'm only a couple of days into this, so I'm still learning.

There's nothing to adjust, so I didn't increase the wattage. I definitely did chain vape it the night before and it was probably mostly empty when I left it to charge overnight. I did not prime the coil again the next day. I got a couple of good hits off of it and then it tasted burnt. I'll make sure to not let the tank go down that far tonight.

I do notice that when I take a couple hits on it close together, the top gets pretty warm.

I'm guessing this is not the best device to use if I'm going to chain vape. I'm quitting smoking and I always tended to chain smoke in the morning and evening, but that was the only opportunity that I had to smoke. Any advice on a device that might take this treatment better?

This may or may not be the appropriate time in your vaping career for my suggestion, but here it goes anyway.

I tend to chain vape. I have used many different tanks, with both rebuildable and stock coils.

The only devices I have been able to chain vape are RDA's. I control the juice flow and wicking so any dry hits or burned out wick are my own fault.

You would need to make an initial purchase of a box mod, batteries, rda, wire, cotton, battery charger. The first purchase can be the hardest one to stomach.

Not sure if this interests you, but my $.02

Maybe look into a couple videos of rebuilding an rda and see if it interests you.

But, imho, there is no tank that can be chain vaped (unless it also leaks/floods sometimes)

A simpler fix would be to use a thinner juice. Like 50/50 pg/vg. Also custards and sweetened juices gunk and burn wick faster.

You should, by my guess, be able to vape about 30 ml of juice at the least before the coil (more to the point, the wick) needs changed.

Lendo

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This may or may not be the appropriate time in your vaping career for my suggestion, but here it goes anyway.

I tend to chain vape. I have used many different tanks, with both rebuildable and stock coils.

The only devices I have been able to chain vape are RDA's. I control the juice flow and wicking so any dry hits or burned out wick are my own fault.

You would need to make an initial purchase of a box mod, batteries, rda, wire, cotton, battery charger. The first purchase can be the hardest one to stomach.

Not sure if this interests you, but my $.02

Maybe look into a couple videos of rebuilding an rda and see if it interests you.

But, imho, there is no tank that can be chain vaped (unless it also leaks/floods sometimes)

A simpler fix would be to use a thinner juice. Like 50/50 pg/vg. Also custards and sweetened juices gunk and burn wick faster.

You should, by my guess, be able to vape about 30 ml of juice at the least before the coil (more to the point, the wick) needs changed.
I think I'm probably not ready for the rebuildable yet, though the tinkering with them does look interesting.
Thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions. I think, maybe, I'm taking hit after hit because I'm just not feeling it. Think I'll experiment with a thinner juice or higher nic(those are cheap fixes) and maybe just a device a set up that makes a little more vapor. Honestly, even I feel I went through a coil every couple days over working this thing, it's still cheaper than cigs.

VU Sponsors