Become a Patron!

need your thoughts

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
so i was watching a review on a nautilus mini and i noticed that this was the clone fast tech had on their website with the spring loaded contact pin. i even went to other reviews to make sure the authentic didnt have a spring loaded contact. tried to reach out to the reviewer but didnt really expect a response so i contacted the shop. i told them why i think* they are selling mini nautilus clones as authentics and they should look into it and the response was "thanks for the heads up we will look into it." at this point their site was sold out but now they are back in stock and i see nothing done about it

what to do? i dont know if this new batch is actually authentic or what but i dont like seeing this kind of thing happening. especially when you tell the shop about it and they seem to not care

Last edited:

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I believe originally they were going to come with the solid pin. I sold a few hundred minis when they first came out. I bought direct from Aspire. The authentic have the spring loaded pin, just like the full size tank

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There are a lot of clones out there for sale now. The best way to know your buying authentic, is to go to aspirecig.com. Look at partners. You can see who their direct agents are here in the US and in China. If you buy from one of these companies you should be good. I sell on eBay , but only deal with authentic stuff. The clone sellers are tricky, a lot of companies are getting burned by buying a clones They did not know they were buying clones. Either buy direct or one of their direct agents.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so i was watching a review on a nautilus mini and i noticed that this was the clone fast tech had on their website with the spring loaded contact pin. i even went to other reviews to make sure the authentic didnt have a spring loaded contact. tried to reach out to the reviewer but didnt really expect a response so i contacted the shop. i told them how i know they are selling mini nautilus clones as authentics and they should look into it and the response was "thanks for the heads up we will look into it." at this point their site was sold out but now they are back in stock and i see nothing done about it

what to do? i dont know if this new batch is actually authentic or what but i dont like seeing this kind of thing happening. especially when you tell the shop about it and they seem to not care

So you called a shop that was carrying legitimate Nautilus minis and bagged on them about selling clones? Wow. The originals do have a spring loaded positive pin, and so did the original Nautilus. Maybe another call to apologize might be in order. I think whoever you talked to at the shop in question was being pretty nice not to argue with you and let you know they were originals. But I'll bet they all had a good laugh after you hung up.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
it was an email and i didnt bag on them i just told them what i thought to be true respectfully. my mistake apparently, and they didnt say anything about whether they were authentic or not just that they would look into it. im glad to be corrected when im wrong

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I cant stand dealing with Brick N Mortars here in town....I was told that the Hammer they had for sale was an original and not a clone, they wanted 59 bux for it...some owners just don't care, or they just have no idea. Unfortunately, if it is a mom and pop store, you can not guarantee that service ends at the door, only the larger corporate stores have anything to lose, so they are the only ones who at least try and protect themselves by not selling clones that are labeled Real. I bought my Giant Aerotank from a shop here in town, I asked for the tank and he walked to a back shelf and opened up the shrink wrap, then opened up the box, removed the contents and handed me the tank and the parts, he then proceeded to throw the "trash" out for me, how nice. I looked it over for a minute and noticed the tanks air holes were pretty off center....I asked for an unopened box and handed back the out of the box product....would you believe he had the balls to pull the new one from under the counter...I was so pissed that I almost couldn't talk....What a nice guy, he offered me a bunch of free bottles of juice to sample and as I stood there saying nothing, he promised he would not do that again....to anyone....I nodded and left. Fuck brick and mortar shops...I buy direct now, or from affiliated companies online only. IM DONE WITH BRICK AND MORTARS.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I hear you Bro, That was a pathetic move. Buy you cant judge everyone by the actions of a moron, ya know? Look at the upside to what happened. You were there, you saw it happen and you said hell no. But what if you ordered online from another moron and you would not know anything until it was paid for and in your hand. Just saying. I guess the moral of the story is, there are good people out there, find someone you trust and stick with them, even if it costs a few extra bucks.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeah i only buy from authorized dealers now, i still get ejuices online, have not found any good store made yet, except MBV, i like theirs, I even thought about driving up and seeing them.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Just a minor side trip.

Sadly lots of B&Ms sell clones as originals and I don't see the practice changing unless they are called out on it.

I was really gratified to stop in at Top Notch Vapors in Columbus, Ohio this afternoon and they had originals and they had clones marked and priced as clones.

So it you catch this kind of BS cry BS as loud as you can!

VU Sponsors