Become a Patron!

Neutron RDA Drip Tip/Slam Cap

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Anyone know of any good top caps for the neutron rda? I’m pretty sure it’s the same as the indestructible rda. Any help would be amazing. The stock top cap is just horrible. The RDA was designed to be used on a series mod but JayBo thought it was a good idea to make the top cap/drip tip all SS. Needless to say, that bitch be getting hot! Thanks in advance guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Damn, is this thing really that unpopular?

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Ouch! I have one coming in my vapemail tomorrow. Hopefully...

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have some D5 Chubbies I'll try tomorrow to see if they fit.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have some D5 Chubbies I'll try tomorrow to see if they fit.

I did some searching and I think they will. Let me know for sure tho, to expensive to buy and not be a perfect fit. Replacing the top is a must if your like us and are going to put in some big ol coils. SS drip tip just gets too hot for a big build on a series mod. Other then that, I love it.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I actually bought a Phobia rda yesterday and waiting for it to come. I’m hoping the ultem chuff cap fits on my neutron!

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So the D5 Chubby Summit is too big, but the regular Summit is too small. But it's close enough that I think it'll work if I put a wrap or 2 of dental floss underneath the o-ring. I'll try it in a couple minutes. If this works, then it should also work with the 22mm D5 Kupcake and Apple caps, too.

EDIT: I didn't realize this was a top airflow RDA. :(

Last edited:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Okay, so I tried it with 2x small o-rings and it works.

The original o-ring is on the right, and one of the small ones is on the Summit. You can see the size difference.
The second pic shows 2x small o-rings on the Summit.
The third pics shows that it works. :D

nSY04PE.jpg

p6zD7WS.jpg

su9ynRF.jpg

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Wow awesome man... I also found those v2 mad hatty caps should work on them.... I have some eBay gift cards so I’d preferably rather order them over there. If I can find the summit caps there I’ll grab them, if not gonna go with the top hatty v2. U could also change drip tips with the mad hatty so that’s pretty cool to

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
EDIT: I didn't realize this was a top airflow RDA. :(

The “vortex” airflow is actually pretty nice. It just doesn’t help keep it as cool as a side airflow, that’s why the stock SS top cap was just a horrible idea.... idk what JayBo was thinking man. I understand that he wanted to keep the same size top cap so u can change them among the rest of his atomizers but he should have put more thought into the heat distribution on this one. He could have kept the same size top cap but made it ultem, delrin or any other heat resistant material that’s commonly used in the atomizer trade right now. If he did that and then opened up the deck a bit more for larger coils (preferably just made it strictly series mode rda since he paired it with the noisy cricket), I’d honestly say this rda is perfect for a series mod.

.....never the less, we have what we have. I still love the damn thing, I just hope maybe he thinks something like this over and releases a second neutron or another series rda in general.

How’s it treating you? Nothing like having some big ol coils and being able to let it rip on a series mod!!!

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

f1702437bfbfe468cfc75c307944eb5c.jpg

I’m waiting on the red and white drip tip except I ordered it with a black delrin base. Hoping this helps with all the heat from my massive coils in it.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was initially excited about it and bought a couple for a velocity series deck!

Sadly very underwhelmed with it with the wasted deck space but mostly with top air flow, top airflow kills flavor.

Anyway yeah the drip tip sucks balls, I actually used the drip tip from my old Vesuvius and it worked well. But again the overall RDA is mediocre at best, I haven't used it in forever and I'm vaping them both forward.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was initially excited about it and bought a couple for a velocity series deck!

Sadly very underwhelmed with it with the wasted deck space but mostly with top air flow, top airflow kills flavor.

Anyway yeah the drip tip sucks balls, I actually used the drip tip from my old Vesuvius and it worked well. But again the overall RDA is mediocre at best, I haven't used it in forever and I'm vaping them both forward.

The wasted space is just horrible man... the flavor wasn’t so bad for me, I just had to get the coil positioned right. I honestly didn’t use it much though because of the drip tip, Once I get the new top I’ll start using it again.

Do you have any other series rda you’d recommend??

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Sadly very underwhelmed with it with the wasted deck space but mostly with top air flow
Same here. When I took off the top cap, I was like, "That's it?". What's the point of having a series deck if there's no room for a decent sized set of coils? I very much enjoy series mechs, but the attie needs to be able to accommodate enough metal mass to make it enjoyable to vape. Otherwise, it's just an angry mass of wire that gets too hot too fast to give an enjoyable vape.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The wasted space is just horrible man... the flavor wasn’t so bad for me, I just had to get the coil positioned right. I honestly didn’t use it much though because of the drip tip, Once I get the new top I’ll start using it again.

Do you have any other series rda you’d recommend??

Series RDA, I've got the Modfather RDA, a 30mm so you can really put in large "especially" SS Fused Claptons in. I love that beast, but be careful for there's so much Vapor that you can chock on it :cloud::confetti: But it is smooth and I really enjoy it.

Other than that Uwell makes one but I'm a bit under whelmed with it to, but IMO better than the Nuetron

VU Sponsors