Become a Patron!

NEW 24mm RDA From Dotmod - Thoughts?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it was any good he would of said so, and bought to sell in his shop. Remember Jai is a shop owner who wants to make money too, but he is not going to buy stock in something that has issues.
If I remember right he also shit all over the Boreas, which is one of the best Tanks and I'm certainly not alone in that opinion.

I don't hold much stock in his opinion. I've seen a couple reviews, the dotMod looks pretty brain dead easy to build on. Mine should be in soon and we'll see.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's why they invented drones. I used to think they were only good for spying on your neighbors. Now I know better ;)
I'll stick with my phantoms.... Until I get the inspire2
Lol
Serious though, Im curious to see if I would need to get another regulated squonkmod if I got that atty.

BAM crew

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Fyi I got one of these. Haven't touched it yet. I'll build it tomorrow and report back with initial impressions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Fyi I got one of these. Haven't touched it yet. I'll build it tomorrow and report back with initial impressions

Is there a quicker way to upload to YouTube? This is a 746MB video, and it's taking forever.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

But will it squonk?

Is there a quicker way to upload to YouTube? This is a 746MB video, and it's taking forever.

Yeah it's called better internet. Sorry, I had to say it before someone else did.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yeah it's called better internet. Sorry, I had to say it before someone else did.
Yeah, I keep forgetting that the upload speeds are not the same as the download speeds. I really wish we had FIOS around here.

6530172382.png

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think jai and chef are both right.
If you build your coils so that they are either flat (like the picture in the op) or the legs are lined up at an angle that fits in the clamps exactly so, then it's an easy install.

If you use a round shape coil and if the angle of your legs are not exact, then you are going to struggle. Having long legs would definitely help. I'm sure if jai goes back he'll would get the hang of it and it would be a fast build.
But he looks at things as a customer. Some of his customers are going to have experience with building and will get it done quick and easy. Others will buy the atty due to shiny-itis. And they will struggle as they don't have a lot of experience.

The reality is a deck with 4 post holes is infinitely easier to build on then a single post clamp deck. I love velocity decks. They are practically idiot proof. But they take longer to build on as you have 4 grub screws to deal with. I also have dual clamps decks. I can build on them fine. But there's a learning curve with clamps. And you have to have some dexterity.

This atty is a work of art, it should be on display at MOMA. My god it's gorgeous! But I want to know that the vape experience justifies the $$$.

Last edited:

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
6530191909.png

I had 6 tabs open and was streaming "The Americans" on Amazon Prime during this test. lol Also there are 2 other people streaming video either on Netflix or Amazon in this house.

Anyways, let us know when you got your vid up. I'd like to see it. @Jai Haze can be a little dramatic at times. Though, I find that aspect of his videos entertaining.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As for ambitionz video, Holy shit. He did a commercial in the middle of his review. At the 1:05 mark he starts a commercial for a used vape gear site. He actually even reads the company's marketing material from his phone. It was a two and a half minute infomercial. I wonder if I can buy some knuckle cream from the website he just pitched.
00fb97a8e08e07dd2bcaa67f86fa18d3.jpg

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Okay, let's not turn this thread into a reviewer bashing festival. It's a thread about the Dotmod 24mm dotRDA.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

I only do it from the web personally. My vids are around 1gb take about 10 mins to upload and process

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
But will it squonk?

Yes it sqounks actually lol I'll test it. Been running the dead rabbit on my drone as I'm working on a review for that as well and it sqounks

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
As for ambitionz video, Holy shit. He did a commercial in the middle of his review. At the 1:05 mark he starts a commercial for a used vape gear site. He actually even reads the company's marketing material from his phone. It was a two and a half minute infomercial. I wonder if I can buy some knuckle cream from the website he just pitched.
00fb97a8e08e07dd2bcaa67f86fa18d3.jpg

Some reviewers really make me shake my head. I seen one for the subzero dude didn't even build or anything talked about the tube had no build and patched ina faux shitty puff. Clearly he was clueless and had no business reviewing a mech

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After watching the shit show from Jai ranting about how difficult it is to build I popped the included coils in. Have no idea why it was so difficult for numbnuts, none whatsoever. This is super easy to pop a pair of coils in.

I'm going to spin up some fused Claptons and put a sleeper coil in, this RDA like the Druga screams for sleeper coils ;)

6d15060e8c575933748cb5816d283122.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After watching the shit show from Jai ranting about how difficult it is to build I popped the included coils in. Have no idea why it was so difficult for numbnuts, none whatsoever. This is super easy to pop a pair of coils in.

I'm going to spin up some fused Claptons and put a sleeper coil in, this RDA like the Druga screams for sleeper coils ;)

6d15060e8c575933748cb5816d283122.jpg

Looking good, Rossco..!

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a lot of Dotmod stuff and in my opinion they make great vape equipment. Their build quality and finish is some of the best out there ! I'm def a fan of their equipment and Highly recommend it !

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
def not salty, did you watch it? I clearly spoke to the biggest names in the industry and called them out for consumers. For you guys. Very far from salty or sandy vagina

I watched. I missed you live cause I was at work. Also, sandy vagina isn't always a bad thing. For some of us it's the next best thing to getting some strange.

I liked your dialogue with Mike. I do find it odd that a handful of guys always have the same opinions on things. I mean general points, sure. When it comes down to the intricacies of a given product, whether that's turbulent airflow, aesthetics, the way it squonks, etc.etc. most people are bound to have different opinions.

Thanks for your service good Sir. Both for your service to our country, and our community. O7

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been Vaping on this for a while now, so far really digging it. Good flavor performance and super easy to build and wick on it. I've never really been that much of a fan of the clamp system, not bad but not my favorite. But the clamp system on this single post is brilliant, super easy to build on and fast.

Yeah, really digging it so far

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I know this is an old thread and i don't post here much but thought i'd revisit it since i posted up my review today on it (what can i say i'm thorough and have a backlog lol) to answer some questions in case anyone looks in the thread

1) sqounking works great. it's a 2 part pin that you have to change out both the bottom and the top. the cool thing is you can see the juice coming out of the top and running down the post from looking down the tip. so wasy to see it's working and it works well

2) the deck is very easy to build on. it's practically tool-less. You use the included tool to lootsen and tighten at the end but the rest is by hand. the spring loaded clamp system works well. probably the easiest deck to build where you have to insert both coils at the same time

3) the insulator, I tried to melt it by pulsing a coil white hot at 100 watts over and over. it didn't melt and still looks new.

4) Airflow is in a great position. low enough that it's practically already lined up right when installing very little adjustment needed but high enough that it's not too easy to over drip or over sqounk. but not too high to where it ruins flavor (like the dead rabbit)

5) Performance wise, the flavor is above average. I really like it. hell even though the review is done i'm still vaping it today on my drone

as far as cons go it dos have some. the top cap gets really hot when chain vaping or suing high wattages (roughly over 100) i'm vaping it at 90 now with the included coils and chain vaping gets hot. 1 or 2 puffs won't though. the drip tip is proprietary and screws in which i don't like at all. having a useless 65 dollar RDA because threads stripped on a drip tip is a possibility for some. I'm not sure what they were thinking with that.

VU Sponsors