Become a Patron!

New and Having Interesting Issues

I recently had gotten a vape device from a buddy of mine in an attempt to quit cigarettes, but upon replacing the coils and cotton and battery in the device he gave me, its giving me quite a couple problems such as the hits are way too hot, like burning my lips hot. Ontop of that i can hit a cigarette and get a bigger cloud of smoke then this thing gives me, yet the buddy who gave it to me said it should be putting out monstrous clouds. Then to top it all off anytime i fire it while the cotton is saturated, it gives this popping and fizzling effect which i know is not a good thing just from watching different videos of other more experienced vapers.
If anybody could help me with these issues it would be greatly appreciated and ill do my best to give any and all information needed to help with resolving said issues.

not sure of the mod, cant make out a name anywhere just a small logo and on the cap it says something but thats also too small for me to make out unfortunately, the coils i put in it were 24g 5w 5 wrap coils
15657835_235198466904372_1033600538_o.jpg
15658707_235198460237706_1503493804_o.jpg
15658268_235198456904373_944548570_o.jpg

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
1. no air flow
2. ditch the mech and not sure about your ohm or battery ditch the mech.
3. that build is football bat special.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't recognize the mod but it's a mech.
The RDA is a UD IGO-W3.
5 wrap 24g quad coils should bring you to around 0.1 ohm which is too low for your battery to handle and is quite dangerous.
I'm afraid to ask what battery you're using, but actually it doesn't matter since 0.1 is too low for any battery.

I suggest you give your friend his mech back and get a regulated mod, at least until you learn wtf you're doing.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
not sure of the mod, cant make out a name anywhere just a small logo and on the cap it says something but thats also too small for me to make out unfortunately, the coils i put in it were 24g 5w 5 wrap coils
View attachment 69380
View attachment 69381
View attachment 69382
Don't recognize the mid but it's a mech.
The RDA is a UD IGO-W3.
5 wrap 24g quad coils should bring you to around 0.1 ohm which is too low for your battery to handle and is quite dangerous.
I'm afraid to ask what battery you're using, but actually it doesn't matter since 0.1 is too low for any battery.

I suggest you give your friend his mech back and get a regulated mod, at least until you learn wtf you're doing.
listen to this^
this video should help a bit. find a regulated mod and and good batteries

Then i suppose my next best step would be to go get a pre-assembled set up, any ideas on the best way to figure out what would be best for me?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Then i suppose my next best step would be to go get a pre-assembled set up, any ideas on the best way to figure out what would be best for me?
Depends on budget and the type of vape you want

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Preferably something right at or under 100, and as for the type im thinking i might be better off with the RTA type setup, specially since it seems like an easier set up.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Preferably something right at or under 100, and as for the type im thinking i might be better off with the RTA type setup, specially since it seems like an easier set up.
so a tank you can build on and a decent mod for under 100 bucks? thats pretty easy. are you looking for a MTL vape (like a cig) or a DTL vape (huge clouds and flavor)

preferably a DTL type to get the clouds and flavor, always been a fan of giant clouds even before vaping was a big thing.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
preferably a DTL type to get the clouds and flavor, always been a fan of giant clouds even before vaping was a big thing.
in that case these are my recommendations
Mods (all under 50 bucks if you look around)
Hohmwrecker G2 (45 on vaporcube with coupon code G2FLASHX1) (my favorite but people think it's big and ugly lol)
Smoant Battlestar ( 38 bucks or less on gearbest depending on color)
Smok Alien (around 45-50 on most sites)
Smok H-priv (around 40 bucks on most sites)

RTAs
Aromamizer Supreme (can be found for around 30 bucks. I have a bunch of them. sold a few for 30 still have a few extra great tank)
Augvape Boreas (great tank. a little worse then the supreme but much cheaper. 17 bucks http://vapingcheap.com/augvape-boreas/)
Griffin 25 plus (found around 25-30 bucks. I have one but haven't used it yet. geekvape makes great products though)

RDTA style (I'm not a big fan of this style but you may like it)
Azeroth (my favorite of this type. around 25 bucks)
avacado 24 (around 25 bucks)
limitless plus (around 25 bucks)
Ijoy combo (don't have one but some prefer it to the azeroth and you can get different decks for it)

Batteries!
super important to get good one
Samsung 30Q is preferable, other options sony VCT6 and LG HG2
sites illumn.com liionwholesale.com imrbatteries.com
Don't buy from ebay or amazon. Should cost around 20-25 bucks for a set of 4. Keep them married in pairs

Charger
get an external charger. a nitecore is fine and can be found on amazon for 10 bucks or so

tagging @Paratech for some more recommendations

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
in that case these are my recommendations
Mods (all under 50 bucks if you look around)
Hohmwrecker G2 (45 on vaporcube with coupon code G2FLASHX1) (my favorite but people think it's big and ugly lol)
Smoant Battlestar ( 38 bucks or less on gearbest depending on color)
Smok Alien (around 45-50 on most sites)
Smok H-priv (around 40 bucks on most sites)

RTAs
Aromamizer Supreme (can be found for around 30 bucks. I have a bunch of them. sold a few for 30 still have a few extra great tank)
Augvape Boreas (great tank. a little worse then the supreme but much cheaper. 17 bucks http://vapingcheap.com/augvape-boreas/)
Griffin 25 plus (found around 25-30 bucks. I have one but haven't used it yet. geekvape makes great products though)

RDTA style (I'm not a big fan of this style but you may like it)
Azeroth (my favorite of this type. around 25 bucks)
avacado 24 (around 25 bucks)
limitless plus (around 25 bucks)
Ijoy combo (don't have one but some prefer it to the azeroth and you can get different decks for it)

Batteries!
super important to get good one
Samsung 30Q is preferable, other options sony VCT6 and LG HG2
sites illumn.com liionwholesale.com imrbatteries.com
Don't buy from ebay or amazon. Should cost around 20-25 bucks for a set of 4. Keep them married in pairs

Charger
get an external charger. a nitecore is fine and can be found on amazon for 10 bucks or so

Listen to this ^

alright so i did a bit of looking on the recommended parts and think i have something along the lines of what i would want but my main question is will all the bits and pieces be compatible? really dont wanna spend more money just to get another bad experience, had too many of those already.
Tank ; Griffin 25 plus
Mod ; Smok Alien 220W TC Box Mod
Batteries ; ICR18650 - 28A 3.7V 18650 2800mAh x4

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
alright so i did a bit of looking on the recommended parts and think i have something along the lines of what i would want but my main question is will all the bits and pieces be compatible? really dont wanna spend more money just to get another bad experience, had too many of those already.
Tank ; Griffin 25 plus
Mod ; Smok Alien 220W TC Box Mod
Batteries ; ICR18650 - 28A 3.7V 18650 2800mAh x4
yes every mod i listed is compatible with every tank i listed.
The batteries though don't look good. no such think as a 28 amp 2800mah so i'm guessing it's a rewap? Please stick to sony, LG, or samsung from the sites i posted. Here is a quick chart from the battery god himself mooch
image-jpeg.600623

alright i found the right battery by the picture, i believe that arms me with i need to be able to make the transition from cigs to vape, and hopefully one day not even have to rely on nicotine at all, thank you so much to everybody who posted in order to help me out, I cant put into words how much it means to find others who are willing to help just out of the kindness of their hearts.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
alright i found the right battery by the picture, i believe that arms me with i need to be able to make the transition from cigs to vape, and hopefully one day not even have to rely on nicotine at all, thank you so much to everybody who posted in order to help me out, I cant put into words how much it means to find others who are willing to help just out of the kindness of their hearts.
glad we can help. just make sure it's a legit site. no ebay or amazon for batteries. lots of batteries like the sony line have been cloned and the clones are no good

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope, I really can't add much here.
If OP gets what he said, he'll have a much better setup than ANY of us would have ever dreamed of starting with.
That'd be awesome.
Myself I haven't been overly impressed with the Griffin 25 plus but that doesn't make it bad in any way.
I'm just swimming in Ijoy Combo RDTAs and Limitless RDTA Plus' and Classics over here so I really like them.

The Alien mod is definitely high on my list, then again that might explain why I have 4 of them with 3 more waiting to be delivered.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I recently had gotten a vape device from a buddy of mine in an attempt to quit cigarettes, but upon replacing the coils and cotton and battery in the device he gave me, its giving me quite a couple problems such as the hits are way too hot, like burning my lips hot. Ontop of that i can hit a cigarette and get a bigger cloud of smoke then this thing gives me, yet the buddy who gave it to me said it should be putting out monstrous clouds. Then to top it all off anytime i fire it while the cotton is saturated, it gives this popping and fizzling effect which i know is not a good thing just from watching different videos of other more experienced vapers.
If anybody could help me with these issues it would be greatly appreciated and ill do my best to give any and all information needed to help with resolving said issues.
Your build is to heavy. Try this, although normally I don't like to tell people how to build on a mech, but this build is ok. Dual coils. 5 wraps each, 3.0mm core, 24ga kanthal. = aprox 0.25 ohm and pushing 70W at 16A. Now, that is ONLY if you are using a decent 20A+ high drain battery. I would much prefer to know exactly which batteries you are using though.
Looks to me like you are thinking "more is better". Not always the case. Sometimes, for a mech, a single coil build (such as a clapton coil for flavor) works best.
OH.. and the nagging.. ONLY use Samsung, LG or Sony batteries. Not rewrapped garbage from ebay. I could put a Cadillac hood ornament on a bicycle.. but that doesn't mean you should buy it for $35K.

Now, that will fix your current build, but as others have said, so will I, you are better off starting with a decent regulated mod. Mechanical mods are for intermediate to advanced and higher users. The MAIN thing you have to watch for is that you don't hard short your mech mod. A non-hybrid floating 510 pin on the mechanical mod will help.

Again, a regulated mod will be better for you. This mech build is something you can use for now, with what you have. Also to demonstrate more isn't better. lol. Test your resistance on an ohm meter.

Here is the build...
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?s=dp&r=0.25&hfnw=70&awg=24&id=3

Last edited:

VU Sponsors