Become a Patron!

New and very confused!

I recently purchased a new tank and battery. I have an istick 60w and a uwell tank with a .25 dual coil.
I have it on 48w right now and my tank is getting hot. I dont feel a strong hit either. Is there something im doing wrong?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That coils goes much higher very well, (and doesn't really peform well under about 55 watts) but it's important it's primed properly first. How did you prime it?

That coils goes much higher very well, (and doesn't really peform well under about 55 watts) but it's important it's primed properly first. How did you prime it?

(Probably gonna say this wrong ) i covered the air intake on it and took a couple hits.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do i know?
Hey Sarah, take a minute and go to youtube. Enter IStick 60 in search bar, and find a couple videos. (I recommend Vapor Chronicles or Vapor trail Channel). They will go over all the features of this device and how they work. You will learn a lot and be much more familiar with this device.

Hey Sarah, take a minute and go to youtube. Enter IStick 60 in search bar, and find a couple videos. (I recommend Vapor Chronicles or Vapor trail Channel). They will go over all the features of this device and how they work. You will learn a lot and be much more familiar with this device.

Thank you so much!!

Ive watched quite a few videos, i have everything set up right but the base of my tank is still getting hot after a few hits. What else could be causing this problem?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive watched quite a few videos, i have everything set up right but the base of my tank is still getting hot after a few hits. What else could be causing this problem?

It does get hot, particularly with that coil. Nothing to worry about! You're going to need the full 60 watts to get the most out of the 0.25 ohm, so your battery life is going to be pretty poor.

It does get hot, particularly with that coil. Nothing to worry about!

Ok thank you! I got worried when i read a few things that said the crown tank needs to be at a higher wattage, i thought it getting hot was a bad sign since i cant go higher than 60w.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you say hot, do you mean "ouch I burned myself" or "wow that's pretty warm". If you're burning yourself that's certainly bad and you should set the thing down to cool off (takes a while). If it's just nice and warm like a shower turned too hot but it is tolerable to the touch, well that's normal. Remember you're dealing with quite a bit of heat inside the tank, hundreds of degrees Fahrenheit. That heat will dissipate into the metal base (and glass and all around), there's no magical barrier that keeps it just in your cotton/juice :D.

So as long as you're not burning yourself when you touch it you'll be fine and you should expect it.

VU Sponsors