Become a Patron!

New Aspire "Cotton" Coils

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The fiberglass wicks are what kept me away from Aspire and the Atlantis in particular. I'm not surprised they have changed over to cotton, after many inquiries that Aspire refused to respond to or gave a jaded answer.

Last edited:

wildwildwest

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just received an email from Kidney Puncher and this was in the Newsletter.
http://www.kidneypuncher.com/cotton-atlantis-coil-heads-5-ohm-5-pack/
Maybe old news but is new to me. I might be looking at an Aspire now. With a history of lung issues, I'm careful what I use now that I've quit smoking for over a year.

I wonder if these are actually made by Aspire; they are NOT listed anywhere on the Aspire websites. (I just ordered some, so I guess I will find out)

Married 2 The 7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if these are actually made by Aspire; they are NOT listed anywhere on the Aspire websites. (I just ordered some, so I guess I will find out)
Just asked this same question to my local vape shop about this and they said that they also seen it and if Aspire does come out with it they will be making a order ASAP since a lot of their customers ask about cotton coils for Atlantis.

wildwildwest

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just asked this same question to my local vape shop about this and they said that they also seen it and if Aspire does come out with it they will be making a order ASAP since a lot of their customers ask about cotton coils for Atlantis.

And since now, the beginning of Chinese New Year, any orders (directly from Aspire) after today won't be delivered until the first week in March.

Married 2 The 7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And since now, the beginning of Chinese New Year, any orders (directly from Aspire) after today won't be delivered until the first week in March.
Let me know when you receive your order if they are 100% cotton. Interested!!

wildwildwest

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will. Order still hasn't been processed (I ordered on a Saturday?)

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Over $4 Each for cotton coils at Kidney puncher?? Pffft. That's why I rebuild mine.

Wulfy27

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Over $4 Each for cotton coils at Kidney puncher?? Pffft. That's why I rebuild mine.

I don't have the skill or patience. I like KP but you do have to watch the price for what you're getting.
I'm interested to see what comes about with these Nauti coils, though. :) I started dripping with their kit.

VapeNW is where I get a lot of stuff. I ordered from B2B recently and am looking forward to receiving that mail. I can say that B2B's customer service has already been great when they didn't have the color of something I ordered.

wildwildwest

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
UPDATE FROM VENDOR REGARDING AUTHENTICITY!

Customer Service (Kidney Puncher LLC)
Feb 9, 15:25
Hey,
Yes these are made by Aspire, when you receive them there is a scratch off label on the back that you can verify the authenticity on the Aspire website.
Thanks,
Dustin
KP support

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Be careful if some shops and vendors are selling the aspire coils as new and updated with cotton. Today Aspire made a statement in their Atlantis forum that they have not released pure cotton coils yet. That statement was made today 2/10/2014. So how can any shop sell atlantis cotton coils if they have not been released? I called my local vape shop that has Aspire on speed dial (joking) but they do deal directly with Aspire and they said no cotton coils yet. But some shops have an overstock of the Aspire coils and they are authentic aspire coils. Could be they have a whole lot more than they need. I have used the Aspire coils with no issues as they are. The wicking has been great. I think many just jumped the gun on the coils and a few started claiming they were not safe and got everyone in an uproar. So if you have atlantis coils you are not using and want to get rid of them I will take them off your hands. I do not see any problems with the coils and wicks they come with. Work great, taste great and are better than all the previous wicks that have been put out over the last few years that did not work properly and no telling what those wicks were made of. We never know what any wick from China has in it. Checking the Aspire website again they have not released any organic cotton coils as of today. So how can a shop and only one shop have the cotton coils? Every authentic aspire product has the scratch code. I would be interested to see the packaging up close and see if it states new cotton Atlantis coils.
How can a shop have new aspire cotton coil if they are not available yet? Maybe it is magic!

Last edited:

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I emailed kidney puncher yesterday and asked them how they have atlantis cotton coils when aspire said they had not been released. I have not heard back from KP. It may be that they are using the atlantis coils and rebuilding them with cotton. But any other time I have ever emailed them I have got a response back. For whatever reason not this time.

wildwildwest

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Be careful if some shops and vendors are selling the aspire coils as new and updated with cotton. [...]
How can a shop have new aspire cotton coil if they are not available yet? Maybe it is magic!

My sentiments exactly. I'll do the scratch offs, on the box, when they arrive. Then, I will return them to KP.

Dingo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I cant recall the company now but will edit post if I can find it in my favorites. They sell "blank" coils if you would. Its the basket the main body insulator and positive pin. I can also tell these are higher holes that are drilled for getting above or close to the coil "basket". They should work incredibly. This looks like what they may have done, I don't know? I know the couple of coils I have rebuild I enlarged the holes to almost triple the size and then wrap the coil with Japanese cotton. I used the out "skin" of the cotton to wrap around the basket instead of the ceramic fabric the had. They worked very well for me. I have also read and would be easier to feed back in is 500 stainless steal mesh. I loved Aspire a lot at the beginning but having so many bad coils back to back (I've gone through 19 since January 1. and they don't care or will do anything about it) I'm trying different things with the burnt coils to se what I can come up with. I actually have 10 aspire coils I will gladly trade off for another good tank. I really want a Subtank mini but don't have any money for a while to get one. I am open to offers to good RBA's or RDA's as well.

wildwildwest

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you talking about Aspire Atlantis coils? or Nautilus? I don't use the Nautlius coils much anymore (imagine that, since finding the Atlantis) but I haven't had one single "bad" Aspire Atlantis coil. Ever. And they're lasting around, 2-3 weeks. Are you sure you're buying authentic stuff?

wildwildwest

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
[...] But any other time I have ever emailed them I have got a response back. For whatever reason not this time.

Well, imagine that. My email from KP said they were indeed authentic, and had the anti-counterfeit scratch-off sticker on the back. They should be delivered on Friday...

Dingo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. I was referring to the Nautilus.
I hope the conversation wasn't about the Aspire. I get confused sometimes. Between head issues and new to vaping, I'm trying

wildwildwest

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. I was referring to the Nautilus.
I hope the conversation wasn't about the Aspire. I get confused sometimes. Between head issues and new to vaping, I'm trying

We were talking about Atlantis coils, I think. But it's okay, we're all kinda new at this too. But I haven't had any problems with any Nautilus coils, my sister uses both the Nautilus and Mini-Nautilus tanks and I'm the 'vape doctor" around here. (in charge of tank refills, coil replacements, etc.)

Where are you buying your Nautilus coils from, Randy?

Dingo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Freedom Smokes. I contacted them several days ago after contacting aspire. They will not get back to me at all even with me putting in there that its a manufacturing problem. I was mainly asking for help and not replacement from them. I would like the potential 3 packs of bad Nautilus coils I have. I did go grizzly on the first bunch of the bad ones with pliers to get them apart. That's when I figured I stood a good chance at rebuilding them. I just have to wait when my fingers are working right since the tolerance of things has to be spot on. Truth be known I buy stuff when my mom has some extra money to give me. The wreck disabled me so I have some RBA tanks that I am trying to learn to build with out leaking as well as the coils. Some work out great some don't. I have built some bitchin kanger coils with the single coil body I can run at 20 watts and blow respectable clouds.

Dingo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got side tracked. I get equipment when I can and deal with it the best way I can. If it doesn't last as long as it should to the next bit of money, I try other things. I was always told it can only be so broke

Dingo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It doesn't help either that a RBA and RDA clone I got from there wasn't even a respectable clone maker. It was from fast tech according to the you tube videos. It took over and hour working on the threads with steel wool and bending the 510 pins straight. One of them was shorted to the base that came off to hybrid it with a mech mod. I don't have any yet but hoping to get a 26650 one that will work with the cerberus instead of the hades mod. Just have a little Christian problem with that mod.

wildwildwest

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you scratch off the anti-counterfeit sticker on the box of coils, when you got 'em? Everybody is selling Aspire BVC coils now, and they've gotten really cheap, since the Atlantis came out. Fasttech is known for 'questionable' business practices, I don't buy from them. Not sure about MyFreedomSmokes, but all Aspire products come with that scratch off sticker on em. Check to see if they're authentic!

Dingo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did you scratch off the anti-counterfeit sticker on the box of coils, when you got 'em? Everybody is selling Aspire BVC coils now, and they've gotten really cheap, since the Atlantis came out. Fasttech is known for 'questionable' business practices, I don't buy from them. Not sure about MyFreedomSmokes, but all Aspire products come with that scratch off sticker on em. Check to see if they're authentic!

Unfortunately they were authentic coils. So My freedom smokes.com is selling legit stuff and is happy to take your money at any lengths. However if something is wrong and you need or ask for help that will potentially cost them money,...... well I haven't learned the language of crickets. I am aware of fasttech selling cheap junk(hard way). I think there next door to my freedom smokes because my Cerberus rda and my Aqua RBA both appear to have come from them despite. I thought with the original price tag of close to 50 bucks that I was getting a steal when I snagged the 2 on a 75 percent off sale. Come to find out even at 75 percent off, they still made a few duckies. (Heads up potential buyers) Also Don't buy any of there mods that have copper listed in the title(i.e. copper nemesis ) until you have read the entire page. Read it at least twice if its on sale because you will probably find copper colored somewhere on the page. One last stab in the back. Even though you log in and put some items in your cart on one of there sales like 2 packs of coils 405 off. If you do not check out fast enough with those items you want at that deal then they will take them away from you. So when you go to check out, despite them still being in your basket it will say that there now out of stock. Sorry one more, there's just so many. I was contacted late one Monday after a package had been shipped. I emailed and called 2 different departments but that went to voicemail because of the time of day it was. I ordered 3 so called copper mech mods, 2 were the copper colored previously mentioned. Mt ordering again was my fault and a knee jerk reaction from the coil incident. The calling and emailing was to cancel the order and not to ship it. Despite my best efforts, they still shipped the package. Close to the close of business I received a call. The guy on the other end tells me he just got my message ( what about the returns dept and yes I opened a return ticket on an order that hadn't shipped yet ) Instead of apologizing for the misleading advertising or anything like that. He sat there and wanted me to keep the order anyway telling me that threads are covered when they color them. He couldn't even tell me if it was rattle can copper or electroplate copper just it looked like copper and wasn't on the threads. Literally while I am on the phone with the f&^%tard I tell him to go to his own website that showed the threads plain as day being "copper colored" as well that would where off after a few batter changes. THEN theres the VD and depending on the severity, you can take a pill for the not so bad pnes.

Enough ranting. I just don't want to see anybody at all bitch about them. If you knew how long it took to hunt and peck a paragraph that D$%m long, you will be the next taget.

If there was gambling on here I would say start a pool up to see how long it takes me running there name down before I may get someone to contact me and help me. In all fairness I haven't found an online retailer who really gives a damn about there customers.

Wulfy27

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We were talking about Atlantis coils, I think. But it's okay, we're all kinda new at this too. But I haven't had any problems with any Nautilus coils, my sister uses both the Nautilus and Mini-Nautilus tanks and I'm the 'vape doctor" around here. (in charge of tank refills, coil replacements, etc.)

Where are you buying your Nautilus coils from, Randy?
Was wondering what the verdict was on the KP coils.
http://www.kidneypuncher.com/cotton-atlantis-coil-heads-5-ohm-5-pack/

I got them a few weeks ago from KP, and they're authentic. There are differences between the original and the cotton heads, but I think the most obvious difference is you see the seam between the ends of the cotton wrapped around the coil, whereas the original heads with ceramic paper wrapped around the coil looks seamless.

Flavor is a little better, and no little chunks flying off near the end of the head's life. Like a few other people I've read, I seem to like using these new cotton heads at a higher wattage. I was using ~25W on the old heads, and am now using 35W on the new cotton heads. The juice I'm using now has a new life at 35W, and really comes alive.

Wulfy27

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got them a few weeks ago from KP, and they're authentic. There are differences between the original and the cotton heads, but I think the most obvious difference is you see the seam between the ends of the cotton wrapped around the coil, whereas the original heads with ceramic paper wrapped around the coil looks seamless.

Flavor is a little better, and no little chunks flying off near the end of the head's life. Like a few other people I've read, I seem to like using these new cotton heads at a higher wattage. I was using ~25W on the old heads, and am now using 35W on the new cotton heads. The juice I'm using now has a new life at 35W, and really comes alive.

Thank you for the update and I'm so glad to hear that they are authentic. I actually use a subtank but have many friends who use the atlantis. Thanks again!!

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A little expensive after a while. When you quit smoking the unmentionables for your health and pocket book, you will learn to rebuild your own Nautilus. And when you do, you will graduate to an RDA. Human nature always wants more. When you do, come back to this forum for a whole lot of info. Your nasty habit will turn into a HOBBY. I'm actually surprised that somebody hasn't turned this into an elective or a full blown college course.........don't laugh.......it's coming

Unfortunately they were authentic coils. So My freedom smokes.com is selling legit stuff and is happy to take your money at any lengths. However if something is wrong and you need or ask for help that will potentially cost them money,...... well I haven't learned the language of crickets. I am aware of fasttech selling cheap junk(hard way). I think there next door to my freedom smokes because my Cerberus rda and my Aqua RBA both appear to have come from them despite. I thought with the original price tag of close to 50 bucks that I was getting a steal when I snagged the 2 on a 75 percent off sale. Come to find out even at 75 percent off, they still made a few duckies. (Heads up potential buyers) Also Don't buy any of there mods that have copper listed in the title(i.e. copper nemesis ) until you have read the entire page. Read it at least twice if its on sale because you will probably find copper colored somewhere on the page. One last stab in the back. Even though you log in and put some items in your cart on one of there sales like 2 packs of coils 405 off. If you do not check out fast enough with those items you want at that deal then they will take them away from you. So when you go to check out, despite them still being in your basket it will say that there now out of stock. Sorry one more, there's just so many. I was contacted late one Monday after a package had been shipped. I emailed and called 2 different departments but that went to voicemail because of the time of day it was. I ordered 3 so called copper mech mods, 2 were the copper colored previously mentioned. Mt ordering again was my fault and a knee jerk reaction from the coil incident. The calling and emailing was to cancel the order and not to ship it. Despite my best efforts, they still shipped the package. Close to the close of business I received a call. The guy on the other end tells me he just got my message ( what about the returns dept and yes I opened a return ticket on an order that hadn't shipped yet ) Instead of apologizing for the misleading advertising or anything like that. He sat there and wanted me to keep the order anyway telling me that threads are covered when they color them. He couldn't even tell me if it was rattle can copper or electroplate copper just it looked like copper and wasn't on the threads. Literally while I am on the phone with the f&^%tard I tell him to go to his own website that showed the threads plain as day being "copper colored" as well that would where off after a few batter changes. THEN theres the VD and depending on the severity, you can take a pill for the not so bad pnes.

Enough ranting. I just don't want to see anybody at all bitch about them. If you knew how long it took to hunt and peck a paragraph that D$%m long, you will be the next taget.

If there was gambling on here I would say start a pool up to see how long it takes me running there name down before I may get someone to contact me and help me. In all fairness I haven't found an online retailer who really gives a damn about there customers.
I'M SO SORRY FORD YOUR GUESTHOUSES EXPERIENCES!! I love these forums because I always ALWAYS find such great info... I read your entire posT and at the end you mentioned that you "haven't found an online retailer who really dives a fab about their customers", so I just felt like I should comment because I understand your frustratIon and also I have found an online vape company that I've had NOTHING but great experiences with-Mount Baker Vapor!. They're great and have stellar customer service, IMO. good luck and I hope that little tidbit helps!!!
-Lisa

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with retailers. that said I don't order anything outside the USA, and have great experiences from retailers like Eciggity, provape, itcvapes, Vape Northwest, just to name a few. the very best customer service I ever had was from Bay City Vapor here in CA...Also I like Vapor Shark where I order my nickel coils for the Atlantis. In all fairness these retailers have always answered my sometimes stupid questions via email very quickly. I'm sorry to hear you had a rough time of it... Hope it goes better for you in the future :)

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors