Become a Patron!

(New Builder) Looking for help

I am trying to make a Mod for my son and hit a bit of a wall.

I am new at wiring and electronics in general so I'm probably screwing something easy up.

I'm using a DNA 20 chip and a Lipo 3.7v 2000mAh battery DTP 605068. And I've also tried a Eleaf 18.50Wh battery I snaked from a working vaporizer.

I have tried using 20 gage stranded core wire and 22 gage solid core wire both which according to the spec sheet for a DNA 20 chip should be fine. Also I'm using a standard 5 10 connector.

The issue I'm having is after I have everything wired, I can get all the buttons to work, and the charger port to work, but when I hit the fire button I keep getting a message on the display "Check Atomizer". I have used several different atomizers that work on other vapes, and check the connections several times from the board to the connector. I've even used 3 different connectors. All getting the same message.

I asked some buddies of mine that actually do wiring and they say my connections look clean.

I do hear a faint clicking noise coming from the atomizer when I hit the fire button, which leads me to believe that there is somewhat of a connection.

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to try next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I would suggest you study more about electronics and wiring in general.
The mod is not reading the atomizer at all, so it seems your wiring is bad. Could be a cold solder on the 510 pin + or _ or anywhere else. The clicking is the chip trying to read the atomizer.
What concerns me, is with mods being so inexpensive, and you admitting a lack of knowledge, why would you tinker together a device that could potentially blow up in your sons face?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Its entirely possible you have a wire soldered on incorrectly. I would recommend strongly removing the battery while troubleshooting and working through it if you are determined to finish. Don't want to see a battery fire or a shorted out battery.

Pinout and diagram in on page 5-7

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna20.pdf

Trace them carefully, look for stray strands and start over if you have to. If you post a detailed pic the issue might be evident.

I would suggest you study more about electronics and wiring in general.
The mod is not reading the atomizer at all, so it seems your wiring is bad. Could be a cold solder on the 510 pin + or _ or anywhere else. The clicking is the chip trying to read the atomizer.
What concerns me, is with mods being so inexpensive, and you admitting a lack of knowledge, why would you tinker together a device that could potentially blow up in your sons face?

Thank you for your response. I will check the connections again.

Since he's a gamer, I was trying to make a Nes Controller mod that I can't seem to find anywhere to purchase, so I thought I'd try to make my own. I'd like to learn how to do these types of things my self for other projects I'd like to try and tackle.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thank you for your response. I will check the connections again.

Since he's a gamer, I was trying to make a Nes Controller mod that I can't seem to find anywhere to purchase, so I thought I'd try to make my own. I'd like to learn how to do these types of things my self for other projects I'd like to try and tackle.
Did you look at mod skins? Stickers that fit on the actual mod. WIN_20180101_135350.JPG

VU Sponsors