Become a Patron!

New builder needs help

So I have .3ohm twisted parallel kanthal coil build on my RDA (Zeus 22mm RDA).
Why do I get a burnt taste when some parts of my cotton are still wet? some are white(dry I think)
whats wrong with my build? What should i do?
I usually puff at 40-50w

Thanks VU :)

nlt2836

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe you have too much cotton and it's not wicking properly. You shouldn't have dry spots

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Becasue you cant SEE the parts of the cotton that NEED to be wet...... Drip more drops...... Don't have too much or too little cotton IN the wick. That cotton outside is NOTHING more than juice storage space and a way for that juice to get IN to the coil. Too much plugs the entry. Too little and the coils boil the juice off faster than the wick can move the juice to the coil.

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I have .3ohm twisted parallel kanthal coil build on my RDA (Zeus 22mm RDA).
Why do I get a burnt taste when some parts of my cotton are still wet? some are white(dry I think)
whats wrong with my build? What should i do?
I usually puff at 40-50w

Thanks VU :)
If some of your cotton is dry than it is all too dry. Keep it wet all the time. You'll notice a difference if you keep it well saturated. Whenever you get low on juice it starts to fry the cotton. Don't forget that you are creating a lot of heat so the dryer stuff gets the more likely stuff will burn. When using a tank the cotton is always surrounded by liquid, when you get low the coil will burn. Same goes with a dripper.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors