Become a Patron!

new builder!

I have been attempting a final switch to vaping for a year and finally got to where I could 100% about a month ago and I just recently was given my first rebuildable core! I am excited because I know this is the way for me but I know absolutely nothing about building I hope people are patient with me!

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
howdy! and welcome!

this is a great place to ask questions and learn :)

couple of quick things - make sure you have an ohm meter (can pick them up from a number of places in the $10-20 range) for confirming/ checking resistance on build (some folks advocate just using a regulated mod to check, personally, I like to double check on an ohm meter)

check out steam-engine.org (great site/ page for plugging in numbers to give you an idea of what size/ wire/ wraps you will need to get desired resistance - it will likely freak you out a little at first (it did me - HOLY SHIT THAT'S A LOT OF NUMBERS - but again, ask questions :) ) I tend to keep it simple there - select wire type I am using and gauge, single or dual coil, resistance I am shooting for and diameter (which will depend a lot on what you are building on) - then look at results and tweak as needed)

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello Magsie and a warm welcome to VU :wave:Congratulations on quitting. There is a coil building section here lots of help and advice there also. l found watching YouTube coil building videos most helpful. It might be a bit hard to do now with the FDA regs but your local B&M might be able to advise your or another costumer might. I look forward to see you around.

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome Megsie, you'll like it here. Lots of very knowledgeable folks here that are glad to help.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

VU Sponsors