Become a Patron!

New Capella Flavors.......... Any Reviews?

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow thats wierd, you would think the flavor would get stronger but i guess they could cancel each other out. Whats so cool about mixing to me is 1% more or less of something could totally alter the flavor and make something totally different. The options are endless. I love to mix cap sweet straw with tfa ripe straw (along with the rest of the world lol) so one would assume that mixing a few rasberry flavors would be a great idea! What blueberry flavor do you use the most?

Yeah its really odd but ill tell you blueberry/raspberry and putting them together proper has not been easy. Raspberry is definitely a tough flavor for me to find a good one, blueberry too. I mostly have been using fw blueberry in combo with bilberry Fa and Cap blueberry jam. Love the blueberry jam alot, recently bought HS blueberry and its great but NOT blueberry imo LOL.... Taste like fresh blueberry and fresh raspberries together....so basically blue razz but its really sweet and has a candy twang yet natural tasting too. I was thinking about trying blueberry by Inawera or shisha blueberry which I had before and enjoyed alot, its very aeromatic. My favorite I guess is bluberry jam but its better rounded with others, honestly combos make the best flavored anything usually......sometimes they wont play well together though, trial and error finding the problem is the pain. I had been thinking Fw blueberry was fading mixes a bit at first and now I think it was just my bilberry went bad and turned anything it touched flavorless.

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do flavors go bad after a point in time?
I hadn't thought about it. Haven't mixed for a while now, but I have a few FA flavors which have been sitting in a drawer for a year.
I was just about to start mixing again when what you said caught my eye.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah its really odd but ill tell you blueberry/raspberry and putting them together proper has not been easy. Raspberry is definitely a tough flavor for me to find a good one, blueberry too. I mostly have been using fw blueberry in combo with bilberry Fa and Cap blueberry jam. Love the blueberry jam alot, recently bought HS blueberry and its great but NOT blueberry imo LOL.... Taste like fresh blueberry and fresh raspberries together....so basically blue razz but its really sweet and has a candy twang yet natural tasting too. I was thinking about trying blueberry by Inawera or shisha blueberry which I had before and enjoyed alot, its very aeromatic. My favorite I guess is bluberry jam but its better rounded with others, honestly combos make the best flavored anything usually......sometimes they wont play well together though, trial and error finding the problem is the pain. I had been thinking Fw blueberry was fading mixes a bit at first and now I think it was just my bilberry went bad and turned anything it touched flavorless.
Damn thats a shame. It never occured to me that flavors go bad lol now i feel smart. I love a good blueberry so im gonna have to pick up some of that cap jam. Yes finding what makes a juice bad sucks. I wish every mix was adv material on the first try sometimes but it also makes it fun and challenging when its not. If i cant get it halfway decent in half a dozen tries ill either drop it and go back much later for another try or scrap it all together and start fresh!

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has anyone purchased caps golden butter from wizzards . It smells n taste like grape . There saying it's from the manufacture and should smell like this. I am questioning this if any one else has got this too..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has anyone purchased caps golden butter from wizzards . It smells n taste like grape . There saying it's from the manufacture and should smell like this. I am questioning this if any one else has got this too..

Mine doesn't, but I purchased it from Bull City...
Original CAP 13ml bottle BTW.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Got mine from Ecx, no grape....must be a bad batch or got contaminated somehow. Its packaged by humans and they DO make mistakes. Do any of these flavor distributors fess up and actually issue a replacement or refund for the bad product?

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got mine from Ecx, no grape....must be a bad batch or got contaminated somehow. Its packaged by humans and they DO make mistakes. Do any of these flavor distributors fess up and actually issue a replacement or refund for the bad product?

There not offering a replacement but says it should smell n taste this way ..I'll ask for a refund then thank you for your help... it's to much grape for a butter ...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There not offering a replacement but says it should smell n taste this way ..I'll ask for a refund then thank you for your help... it's to much grape for a butter ...

I taste things n juice/flavorings that few others do.
Tastes do really vary.
I cannot tolerate any artificial sweeteners.
I also have the "bitter Gene". So many things that taste sour to others are horribly bitter to me.
And many flavorings have a horrible chemical taste to them.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone purchased caps golden butter from wizzards . It smells n taste like grape .

It's funny that you mentioned this as someone just recently reported a similar issue with Wizard although with a different flavor. I think it was supposed to be TFA Cucumber and instead it smelled and tasted like Banana. I've had good results from Wizard myself in the past but mistakes do happen.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why I do not buy any re-bottled flavorings.
Perhaps the last flavor they ran thru their re-bottling apparatus was banana?

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I prefer originals too but can't say I've had any issues like the above ... so far anyway.

That could be, the only other thing I could think of is that it simply got mislabeled somehow.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone try the capella yellow cake yet? I just got my bottle in today.
Its ok imo, has a dense yellow cake mouth feel but its not a main flavor or heavy on the cake. I got a rebottle though so who knows right? . When I used it up to 8% or so I got an odd bit to it like butyric acid maybe? ..idk the flavor but solo test wasnt well and its been over a month and not a whole lot of change.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Its ok imo, has a dense yellow cake mouth feel but its not a main flavor or heavy on the cake. I got a rebottle though so who knows right? . When I used it up to 8% or so I got an odd bit to it like butyric acid maybe? ..idk the flavor but solo test wasnt well and its been over a month and not a whole lot of change.
Good to know. I have a original bottle.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone try the capella yellow cake yet? I just got my bottle in today.

Just seemed a bit bland stand alone, but, in all fairness I probably should have tried it in an actual recipe...

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a sample of Capella Strawberries and cream. I have never mixed any DIY juice. What percentage should I add to the mix? Any help is appreciated.

Are there any charts with brands and reccomended percentages? Im not ready to make multi flavored mixes.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are there any charts with brands and reccomended percentages? Im not ready to make multi flavored mixes.

Yes there are. The ones I'll post are basically folks opinions that can be helpful. Please remember, for example, here on this forum, some people enjoy a flavor like INW Shisha Strawberry at 2% and some at 16%

To see what I might like I usually refer to a variety of sources. Sometimes flavor vendors and manufactures provide staring % suggestions. Sometimes I'll use Google to take a peek at other forum results. :eek: (plugging the flavor name in the search box at Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/ can also provide useful info... at times...)

some charts...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agXdua8bEp8MV4z1mn3qX4AXCS4P0RxQXcy2lDa7ccc/pub?gid=11#

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BNQ1H1SwU68vABHjTk7VufuOm5hWEiTIJfaEREJtOW4/edit#gid=3

Good Luck :yes:

Ron
---
"Persuade thyself that imperfection and inconvenience are the natural lot of mortals, and there will be no room for discontent, neither for despair."- Ieyasu Tokugawa

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And then there are some of us who just taste chemicals with Shisha Strawberry.

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I bought Shisha Strawberry cause I always like to try new flavorings. For me this one wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Just had a bit of a strange strawberry taste for me. Tried it but I won't buy any more of it. Strawberry is my primary recipe ingredient so I'm always up for different variations of it. Tried WF Fresh Strawberries too and it also wasn't all that for me. Now with TFA Strawberry, Ripe Strawberry, CAP Sweet Strawberry, FA Red Touch Strawberry, I will continue to buy those again and again. No right or wrong, just individual vaping taste buds. I've just about made every recipe known to man, and tried so many different flavors, that I have A LOT more flavorings that are in a box that I don't use than the ones I do use (and I'm not a youtube reviewer so I have to buy all my own shit). I guess that's the result of being a Frankenstein DIY vaper, heh. After boldly going where no man has gone before, I always end up back to my strawberry based vapes.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought Shisha Strawberry cause I always like to try new flavorings. For me this one wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Just had a bit of a strange strawberry taste for me. Tried it but I won't buy any more of it. Strawberry is my primary recipe ingredient so I'm always up for different variations of it. Tried WF Fresh Strawberries too and it also wasn't all that for me. Now with TFA Strawberry, Ripe Strawberry, CAP Sweet Strawberry, FA Red Touch Strawberry, I will continue to buy those again and again. No right or wrong, just individual vaping taste buds. I've just about made every recipe known to man, and tried so many different flavors, that I have A LOT more flavorings that are in a box that I don't use than the ones I do use (and I'm not a youtube reviewer so I have to buy all my own shit). I guess that's the result of being a Frankenstein DIY vaper, heh. After boldly going where no man has gone before, I always end up back to my strawberry based vapes.
yes the Shisha Strawberry had little strawberry flavor to me and LOTS of chemical flavor.

I prefer a mix of CAP Sweet Strawberry and FA Strawberry.

LarryPer123

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a sample of Capella Strawberries and cream. I have never mixed any DIY juice. What percentage should I add to the mix? Any help is appreciated.

Go to Bull City and look there ,,also look at the reviews there, people will comment on how they made there juice

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh shit, I was going ot get some today:(
Thanks

Only way to know is to try it for yourself. So many varied tastes that you may love it while some may hate it. Same with any flavoring. I've bought flavorings that some say sucked that I really liked, and some that people said were great that I didn't like. I've read comments about some saying Shisha Strawberry being so good that they would not vape any other strawberry. To each his own vape.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only way to know is to try it for yourself. So many varied tastes that you may love it while some may hate it. Same with any flavoring. I've bought flavorings that some say sucked that I really liked, and some that people said were great that I didn't like. I've read comments about some saying Shisha Strawberry being so good that they would not vape any other strawberry. To each his own vape.
Yep go for it, buy a 4 oz bottle to try it out :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have heard that Homey smells like cat piss when you vape it.
The Churro is ok but needs to be used with something else.
Kiwi and lime I have not a clue.

I have tried the blueberry jam with an attempt to make jam monsterish juice. I really don't care for this flavour. To me it tastes like blueberry paint thinner. I've tried 5% all to way to 18% and it becomes vapeable at 12% and 30 days steep. I also added the butter and pyrazine1% to one batch and was not bad but not great.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have tried the blueberry jam with an attempt to make jam monsterish juice. I really don't care for this flavour. To me it tastes like blueberry paint thinner. I've tried 5% all to way to 18% and it becomes vapeable at 12% and 30 days steep. I also added the butter and pyrazine1% to one batch and was not bad but not great.

Yeah threw my blueberry jam in the bin.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Try at 1-2% its extremely strong!!

I will be mixing juice later today. I will give it a shot. Thanks. I usually start with 5% to get a taste for a flavor.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will be mixing juice later today. I will give it a shot. Thanks. I usually start with 5% to get a taste for a flavor.

I usually try Caps around 2-3% but recently ive been testing solo first.... Starting low in general really and just adding a bit, stirring and testing over and over til it seems like the flavor is where it should be. Small amounts at a time or maybe .5-1% at a time increase. It at least gives me an idea of starting range before I decide to toss it and I get a better idea of what it does at different percentages too. I found that some flavors will really change according to how much is used. Too much can definitely mess up your atty and your day lol.

I usually try Caps around 2-3% but recently ive been testing solo first.... Starting low in general really and just adding a bit, stirring and testing over and over til it seems like the flavor is where it should be. Small amounts at a time or maybe .5-1% at a time increase. It at least gives me an idea of starting range before I decide to toss it and I get a better idea of what it does at different percentages too. I found that some flavors will really change according to how much is used. Too much can definitely mess up your atty and your day lol.

I have quite a few flavours that I can try this with. Like the vanilla cupcake from cap. I really have not had anything good with that. But it smells great. The blueberry jam is starting to show its head. Just giving a few steep days to try again.

VU Sponsors