Become a Patron!
so i just started building my own coils a few weeks ago and went from a single coil rda to a dual coil rda, and was wondering if for example i usually run my fused clapton as a single at 50w should i be running 2 at 100w to get the same performance out of each coil or will it perform the same at 50 even though the wattage is being sent to 2 different coils instead of one. i ask because i feel like my cloud production has been cut down a lot and just wanted to know some facts about the way dual coils work. and yes i know i can just fiddle with the settings until it is the way i want it, i just like knowing how things work. oh and im not really all that knowledgeable when it comes to electricity if you cant tell lol

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It really is just a matter of raising the wattage until you're happy with it. Your taste buds don't know math.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You will be running double the wire mass, and from what I've experienced with my dual coil RTA systems, I have to "nearly" double a single coil. I say "nearly" because sometimes is a little less than double a single coil wattage, but really depends on your heat tolerances as well.

You will be running double the wire mass, and from what I've experienced with my dual coil RTA systems, I have to "nearly" double a single coil. I say "nearly" because sometimes is a little less than double a single coil wattage, but really depends on your heat tolerances as well.

thanks for the help, i know its all up to my preference but just wanted to know how the electricity flows. cuz i know when i had put subwoofers in my car if i had one on a 1500 watt amp it would get the full 1500 but if i put two they would both get exactly half (depending on resistance). just wanted to know if coils here worked the same way. ive found that my dual coil setup now is best around 90-100 watts for my preference but just didnt know how exactly the electricity flowed through them lol

VU Sponsors