Become a Patron!

New coil for tfv4 ,things not good

ShadowMelt

Member For 4 Years
I got the new coil from smok called tf-t4. They are 4 chamber fused Clapton coil at .2 ohms resistence. I was excited to get them and try them but things got bad.

After a day I noticed that my juice was turning a brownish color. I looked up why this was happening and all I got was the coil got gunk on them and it is leaking into the tank. I understand that but these are new coils and my regular quad coil tf-q4 works for about 3-4 weeks. It gets more dark the longer I use the new coils.

I vape at 90 Watts and my juice are not brown they are mainly clear. Can someone help me out why this is happening in under 24 hours after replacing the coil?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Probably burnt cotton.

Claptons tend to hold heat longer than single strand Kenthal or NiChrome wire.

Burnt cotton will release a dark color into juice.

ShadowMelt

Member For 4 Years
Probably burnt cotton.

Claptons tend to hold heat longer than single strand Kenthal or NiChrome wire.

Burnt cotton will release a dark color into juice.
After putting a new tf-t4 in my tfv4 it happens again but can this happen within 24 hours? My old quads did not do this until 3-4 weeks out.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Claptons hold heat significantly longer than plain single stand wire.

depending on where your wattage is set, and how long you inhale, I can see how it could happen all over again.

In an RDA, single stand wire is cooled off in about 1-2 seconds after a pull. No more juice being vaporized and coming from the cap.
With a Clapton in the same RDA, it won't cool for 4-6 seconds after a pull.

My cotton wicking needed changed at least twice as fast with Clapton coils too.

ShadowMelt

Member For 4 Years
So is this a bad thing? Will it clean it self and how do I prevent it?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If it's burning the cotton as I suspect it is, just stop using the coils or change how you are using them.

Your wicking will eventually turn to crap and the taste will suffer.

You may try lowering your wattage, taking shorter pulls, or let off the button 2-3 seconds and continue the inhale.

Seems to me, these coils just don't work well.

ShadowMelt

Member For 4 Years
I had no issues using the regular quad coils from smok I may just stick to that

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had no issues using the regular quad coils from smok I may just stick to that

For me, I've always preferred the triple coils vs the quads.

Everyone has their own preferences though.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like both the triples and quads, I have been wanting to try the new ones just haven't yet, maybe a bad one?? Hard to say but I highly doubt they will only last 24 hours before roasted....If so smok has issues. If you only have one I might wait to get more, check reviews and I'm sure your not the only one if they are in fact garbage. What wattage are you vaping at? If you have more screw it try another one and see what happens.

I really don't like the idea of claptons in tanks myself, my claptons tend to gunk way faster with the juice I vape rather than a standard coil.

VU Sponsors