Become a Patron!

New coil high ohmage??

Have an evic vtc mini with cubis tank. After a session realized that coil was going bad. Put in a new .50 coil and it read .67 after a few draws. screwed off top off tank/atomizer and put in another .50 coil it read .62 i once again loosened the top of tank/atomizer (without unscrewing atomizer and upon putting it back read an appropriate .52.....any ideas? Much appreciated! BTW was in vw mode

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don'y have that tank, but maybe some one who does will help you out, welcome to VU:wave:

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Have an evic vtc mini with cubis tank. After a session realized that coil was going bad. Put in a new .50 coil and it read .67 after a few draws. screwed off top off tank/atomizer and put in another .50 coil it read .62 i once again loosened the top of tank/atomizer (without unscrewing atomizer and upon putting it back read an appropriate .52.....any ideas? Much appreciated! BTW was in vw mode

That happens a lot with other tanks I use as well. Seems to me when it happens I try taking the tank off and cleaning the connection on the tank and the mod. Sometimes it helps, but I still use the coils if they read a bit over or under, as long as they are pretty close.

Bump. More opinions/info appreciated thank! Actually just put in another new coil after cleaning everything. A .50 coil originally read .62 on the led screen. After playing with it a little bit [w-out vaping]...went to a solid .52. Very confused!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bump. More opinions/info appreciated thank! Actually just put in another new coil after cleaning everything. A .50 coil originally read .62 on the led screen. After playing with it a little bit [w-out vaping]...went to a solid .52. Very confused!

Make sure the coil is screwed down tight to the base.

Keep in mind pre-made coils are mass produced and don't always use the best materials. Often times the result is inconsistency. Do you have another tank you could try on the Evic? In my experience, the Evic reads resistance pretty accurately.

VU Sponsors