Become a Patron!

New Cure for Vaper's Tongue/Vaper's Fatigue?

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
Hi. I get vaper's tongue pretty easily. There is one remedy that clears it up quickly, more so than lemon juice in water. It's lemon juice, water, and monk fruit. I've been using a liquid concentrate called Monk Drops. There may be other liquid concentrates, but this is the one I know so far. Nude Nicotine sells a concentrate specifically as a vape sweetener. Not sure whether it's good for oral ingestion.

Other brands sell powders that don't require refrigeration. I haven't tried any of those.

The other major natural sweetener, stevia, seems to block vape flavor.

I also tried adding a few drops of monk fruit to my tank, and it makes a good sweetener, depending on your juice flavor. It does bring in its own flavor, more so than sucralose, so be warned. People seem to like it with many fruit flavors. It's a natural alternative to synthetic sucralose. I'm more inclined to use it as a vaper fatigue cure, though.

Has anyone else tried monk fruit for either purpose? Let's hear about it.

jslaughter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only solution i've found that consistently works for me for vapors tongue is too have many juices in my daily rotation so i'm never vaping the same juice twice in the same day. Luckily i have a company i order from that i enjoy at least 12 of their tobacco juices alot so i have a good variety for my daily rotation.

Plus i avoid most of the name brand juices out there because they have so much sweetener. Yuck.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I'm not crazy about mint vapes but an hour vaping one helps with vt, the longer I vape the less often I get it.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I use Purilum butter mint, can't hang with menthol though it's all I smoked.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i had extreme vt in my first 3 months ,,,,,,,,,finally switched to rayon.

cotton is like an old kitchen rug that absorbs (then clogs and burns) the wick because the cotton 'soaks it up'

rayon is like a 'slip and slide',, the juice just flows.

if you use rayon,,, thin the tails A LOT
put your ejuice on the wick and test fire,, then 'nearly flood the wick and test fire again'.......the flooding and refiring cuts down on the odd taste that some people taste in their first few drags,, its the 'break in period',, that 'taste' can be just test fired off,, or vaped off/away (yuk)

i chain vape about 30mls a day,, no more vt events

Hi. I get vaper's tongue pretty easily. There is one remedy that clears it up quickly, more so than lemon juice in water. It's lemon juice, water, and monk fruit. I've been using a liquid concentrate called Monk Drops. There may be other liquid concentrates, but this is the one I know so far. Nude Nicotine sells a concentrate specifically as a vape sweetener. Not sure whether it's good for oral ingestion.

Other brands sell powders that don't require refrigeration. I haven't tried any of those.

The other major natural sweetener, stevia, seems to block vape flavor.

I also tried adding a few drops of monk fruit to my tank, and it makes a good sweetener, depending on your juice flavor. It does bring in its own flavor, more so than sucralose, so be warned. People seem to like it with many fruit flavors. It's a natural alternative to synthetic sucralose. I'm more inclined to use it as a vaper fatigue cure, though.

Has anyone else tried monk fruit for either purpose? Let's hear about it.
you can try smelling coffee beans!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think there are different versions of what people call "Vapors Tongue". I used to get to the point where my tongue was really irritated. I could taste flavors fine but my tongue just felt fried from over doing it. No coffee beans or whatever was gunna fix what I had.

The cure that has worked for me is rolling my tongue on the inhale. I haven't had my version in a long while now.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think there are different versions of what people call "Vapors Tongue". I used to get to the point where my tongue was really irritated. I could taste flavors fine but my tongue just felt fried from over doing it. No coffee beans or whatever was gunna fix what I had.

The cure that has worked for me is rolling my tongue on the inhale. I haven't had my version in a long while now.

How about a picture of this? I'm curious.

czombie

Member For 1 Year
Systemic dehydration is one of the most common causes of vapors tongue. Moreso than just local dehydration at the palate/taste bud level.

3/4 of the human population is chronically dehydrated. Vaping is just gonna exacerbate this effect with muted flavors. hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Systemic dehydration is one of the most common causes of vapors tongue. Moreso than just local dehydration at the palate/taste bud level.

3/4 of the human population is chronically dehydrated. Vaping is just gonna exacerbate this effect with muted flavors. hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
with everyone carrying a bottle of water,,, many are actually over hydrated .. so to the point they are carrying around 12 lbs of water mistaken as fat.. their bodies aren't healthy because the nutritional stuff is flooded out with the water.

easy way to tell,, look at your pee,,, as long as its clear to ever so slightly yellow you are fine. now,, keep track of your fluid intake,, (8 glasses a day is a wives tail).... start out at a max of 50% in oz of your weight in pounds,, dont gulp water,, sip it unless you really need a drink. over the course of a week you will find your number,, and maybe lose some 'bloat' :)

in Houston it seems like every summer we hear some story about someone over hydrated,, same trip to the hospital as the dehydrated people.

czombie

Member For 1 Year
with everyone carrying a bottle of water,,, many are actually over hydrated .. so to the point they are carrying around 12 lbs of water mistaken as fat.. their bodies aren't healthy because the nutritional stuff is flooded out with the water.

easy way to tell,, look at your pee,,, as long as its clear to ever so slightly yellow you are fine. now,, keep track of your fluid intake,, (8 glasses a day is a wives tail).... start out at a max of 50% in oz of your weight in pounds,, dont gulp water,, sip it unless you really need a drink. over the course of a week you will find your number,, and maybe lose some 'bloat' :)

in Houston it seems like every summer we hear some story about someone over hydrated,, same trip to the hospital as the dehydrated people.

No...many are not overhydrated by drinking too much water as it is pretty rare to overhydrate to the point of water intoxication. Normal functioning kidneys easily excrete water long before water intoxification occurs. Just because a person carries around excess water weight isn't necessarily indicative of consuming too much fluid . It is normally due to kidney issues (common in dialysis patients) which is why they are usually on fluid restrictions and people with congestive heart failure.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
A HUGE Ice Cold Kosher Dill Pickle works really well!

VU Sponsors