Become a Patron!

New dual battery mod - Smok Majesty or GTRS VBoy?

Vapin-Dave

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As the title says I'm looking to get a new dual battery mod. I can't decide between the Smok Majesty or GTRS VBoy. I'm hoping that some of you have tried both and can tell me which one you preferred and why. I know the VBoy has the real nice YiHi board in it and it's not that much more expensive really. However the RESIN Majesty looks really sharp and also has a great looking screen on it.

So any thoughs you have on these mods especially if you've tried both of them would be appreciated. :cool:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As the title says I'm looking to get a new dual battery mod. I can't decide between the Smok Majesty or GTRS VBoy. I'm hoping that some of you have tried both and can tell me which one you preferred and why. I know the VBoy has the real nice YiHi board in it and it's not that much more expensive really. However the RESIN Majesty looks really sharp and also has a great looking screen on it.

So any thoughs you have on these mods especially if you've tried both of them would be appreciated. :cool:
I don't have the Majesty, yet. I did do a full review on the V-Boy. I had a pre release model. The battery door was a bit janky. They did fix it and even provided replacement doors to the peeps that got the bad ones. It's an awesome mod, with an awesome board. Great form factor as well. It will most likely make my Mods Of The Year list.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Vapin-Dave

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the replies. I was leaning slightly towards the VBoy but I really like the resin on the Smok. And now Smok's coming out with the MAG that is apparently very comfortable and has that cool gun clip battery release. Too many mods and not enough money. I should have been a YouTube reviewer. :giggle:

Vapin-Dave

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The VBoy has TC that works, the Smok, forget about it! ;)

I was using temp control for a few months but I've found that I generally get better flavor in power mode. It often depends on the build I think. I did enjoy the battery and juice saving but eventually switched back for the flavor! :D

So I guess what I'm saying is that while I would like the temp control to work properly it's not a HUGE concern at this point.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have handled both, but I do not own either of them. The Majesty looks great, and I like the feel of the resin, but it is heavy and bulky. The VBoy feels real good in the hands, and the screen is just awesome. If your not going to use TC, might want to get the Majesty or Mag. If you think you will try TC in the future, the Vboy would be a great investment. I think you will be happy with either one.

Vapin-Dave

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have handled both, but I do not own either of them. The Majesty looks great, and I like the feel of the resin, but it is heavy and bulky. The VBoy feels real good in the hands, and the screen is just awesome. If your not going to use TC, might want to get the Majesty or Mag. If you think you will try TC in the future, the Vboy would be a great investment. I think you will be happy with either one.

So between both of those mods would you consider the VBoy to be more comfortable? It seems the ONLY thing that I don't like about the VBoy - well there's actually two things - is the STOOPID placement of the USB port. I think they should at least supply a rubber plug for it or something. I've had ejuice wreck several mods in the past. The other may seem silly and is more cosmetic but what's up with the teal/light blue backdrop on the main screen. Not only does it look ugly but I would imagine it makes the numbers a bit more difficult to read. They could at least give people the option to change it.

But basically those are minor complaints if it's more comfortable and works better that's the main thing.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The rubber sides and the smooth contour of the frame of the Vboy makes it extremely comfortable to grip. The USB port definitely should have been placed somewhere else, but due to the orientation of the chip that is the only place it can go. I personally would not use an RTA on this mod due to most of them leak at some point. The YiHi chip has several different screens you can choose, so that should not be an issue. I'm on the fence between getting the Vboy or the IPV Eclipse. I asked wifey for a G class for Xmas, but when she saw the price, she said I was dreaming and I already had too many mods. Then I laughed....

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The rubber sides and the smooth contour of the frame of the Vboy makes it extremely comfortable to grip. The USB port definitely should have been placed somewhere else, but due to the orientation of the chip that is the only place it can go. I personally would not use an RTA on this mod due to most of them leak at some point. The YiHi chip has several different screens you can choose, so that should not be an issue. I'm on the fence between getting the Vboy or the IPV Eclipse. I asked wifey for a G class for Xmas, but when she saw the price, she said I was dreaming and I already had too many mods. Then I laughed....
I have both the Eclipse and V-Boy. I love them both but I like the V-Boy better because of the form factor. It's much more comfortable to hold. I wish the V-Boy had the Eclipse firing bar. That mod has a great firing bar. Truth be told, you can't go wrong with either. Then again, you could always just get both. #enabled.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors