Become a Patron!

New Dude Here, Little Confused.

MaxTheSpy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright, I'm pretty new to vaping, I've had my RX200S for about 2 weeks now and I'm absolutely loving it. Before that, I had the little Cupti. The Cupti was alright but it was time to upgrade and I'm glad that I did. I want this mod to be the best that It can be but I don't want to let someone else screw with all the settings.

I've got a basic understanding of everything, Batteries send current through coils surrounded by saturated cotton, producing the vapor you inhale. Higher wattage higher heat and faster ramp time producing more vapor but taking a chance with burning the cotton when chain vaping. After that, it is all pretty much shady to me.

I've got the RX200S running at 48Watts with the V8 baby X4 coil 78% airflow (+-) 3%

I updated the firmware to 4.13 I I was trying to change the battery on the screen to show a percentage, I can't remember how the people at the shop did that, But Ill figure that out later.

What I really want to know is about the preheat feature, With the above setup and wattage what would be the best pre heat numbers for both power and time? A little explanation of how to get those numbers would be awesome as well so IF I go up in wattage what I will have to change it to.

I heard that It will help keep the atom better for longer? Looking for best possible flavor, Running Nine Joker(3mg) and Naked Lava Flow(0mg) Mixed juice.

Any other tips and tricks are greatly appreciated.Thanks
Maxwell.

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no such thing as a BEST setting or anything else.. there is only what works for you...

I use preheat or power curve on my Pico.... wattage set at 16.... fires at 150% the steps down to 90% over 3 second draw..... heats up coil then levels of.. instead of getting hotter the longer you draw.

My suggestion is play with settings......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

MaxTheSpy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is no such thing as a BEST setting or anything else.. there is only what works for you...

I use preheat or power curve on my Pico.... wattage set at 16.... fires at 150% the steps down to 90% over 3 second draw..... heats up coil then levels of.. instead of getting hotter the longer you draw.

My suggestion is play with settings......

So your using the preheat feature as the oposite? limiting to get a cooler draw?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So your using the preheat feature as the oposite? limiting to get a cooler draw?
Yeah I do have a stud preheat mode.. set at 150% for the first half second with watts a t about 12 to 13..

I basically like the vape to cone up to temp fast and hold at that level...

If you apply a constant wattage to a coil it continues to heat hotter and hotter till you release the fire button.......

So in oder to hold a temp to either apply less and less volts to a hot coil or bump the volts up and down as the coil heats and cools...

MaxTheSpy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I do have a stud preheat mode.. set at 150% for the first half second with watts a t about 12 to 13..

If you apply a constant wattage to a coil it continues to heat hotter and hotter till you release the fire button.......

So in oder to hold a temp to either apply less and less volts to a hot coil or bump the volts up and down as the coil heats and cools...

that is a stupid good idea! Im used to cooler vapor from the Cupti. and with the RX200S I sometimes have to fire off and on to be comfortable because I like the initial heat at about 45-50W so using it as a temporary limiting is actually pretty smart. I will have to give this a go!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that is a stupid good idea! Im used to cooler vapor from the Cupti. and with the RX200S I sometimes have to fire off and on to be comfortable because I like the initial heat at about 45-50W so using it as a temporary limiting is actually pretty smart. I will have to give this a go!
Yeah vaping isn't rocket science. ..... unless one make it so......

I vape by the KISS principle......... I mean all we are doing is boiling a pot if water on a fancy electric stove........ well more like a toaster, but who boils water in the toaster?

MaxTheSpy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah vaping isn't rocket science. ..... unless one make it so......

I vape by the KISS principle......... I mean all we are doing is boiling a pot if water on a fancy electric stove........ well more like a toaster, but who boils water in the toaster?

Jeasus dude. You just made me want to go outside! Im going to grab a toaster at goodwill tomorrow and a shit ton of cotton and a botle of my worst juice and see what kind of mess I can get into.

MaxTheSpy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

A few questions with the arctic firmware

1) What is Smart Mode?
2) what is power bank?
3) on the bottom right corner I see a 42deg C What is that?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smart is a memory mode if you use several atties. At different ohm rates it can remember the specific setting for the build. It annoying mostly.

Power bank let's you use your mod as a power source for things like a phone.

Probably a board temperature. IDK displays vary by mod brand and style.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jeasus dude. You just made me want to go outside! Im going to grab a toaster at goodwill tomorrow and a shit ton of cotton and a botle of my worst juice and see what kind of mess I can get into.
Gonna be kinda airy. But... still it's nice to know if I ever run out of wire...... u can scavenge the toaster for a few builds worth.

VU Sponsors