New FA Flavor?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd also mixed up HIC's pineapple whippy with the lemon cake instead of Nonna's. After five or six days, it ain't half bad!

MichelleTearsofCrimson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA Nonna Cake is available here http://www.flavourart.co.uk/sweet-flavours-10ml.html -- I'm guessing a couple more weeks til it's in the US...

FA Nonna Cake (3% standalone, shake and vape, baby) YUM - bakery deliciousness!

Here's a real-food recipe for this very traditional Italian dessert: http://www.mangiabenepasta.com/torta_della_nonna.html
Italians call this 'Grandma's Cake'; Americans would call it a baked vanilla custard pie. I'm surprised they could make such a rich bakery flavor diketone-free. This is FA's answer to baked vanilla custard, vanilla cheesecake, and custard pies, all in one sweet bakery flavoring. It's addictive as a standalone flavor and works great in dessert recipes.

FA Nonna Cake is very vanilla, whisper-light on any citrus (thank you FA!), extra rich with a lingering baked-brown-butter exhale that's simply excellent. The buttery richness of pinenuts and pie crust is there, but it doesn't taste nutty, and it's not at all dry. It sure beats this old attempt of mine: http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-the-purevapes-thread.2501/page-26#post-47488 - which I mention so you can see the types of flavors involved. In particular, notice it included some cheesecake flavoring (and was much more lemony than this FA flavor).

To my American taste buds, it's 50/50 mix of sweet ricotta-based cheesecake and baked vanilla custard. Germans will be reminded quark-based desserts, the French of desserts with fromage blanc. You can emphasize whichever aspect you like in recipes, and that warm brown-butter exhale shines right through. mmm-mmm!

I'm hoping this one hits US vendors soon, and in sufficient quantity. FA Nonna Cake is a must-have for anyone who likes vanilla custard, bakery, and/or dessert vapes. Keep an eye out for this one!

I didn't wait for the US Vendors and ordered from the UK LOL this is going to replace yellow cake for all my recipes

Yeah, I just saw your 20mls for 23 dollars... I wouldn't be able to do it either :/ But we can wait and rub our hands together greedily. March is around the corner.
Is March the month to look for it lirruping, I haven't heard a thing about Nonna's Cake becoming available in theUS.

Hi,
Any UK people know where to get INAWERA lemon cake??

Sorry for posting here, this was the only place I've seen anyone taking about it.

Cheers

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi,
Any UK people know where to get INAWERA lemon cake??

Sorry for posting here, this was the only place I've seen anyone taking about it.

Cheers

Personally dont get the fuss over the lemon cake, pretty average to my tastebuds......the nonnas cake however is superb :p

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've already experienced flavor fade from Nonna's Cake ! Hahahahaha !!

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One Stop DIY has Nonna's Cake in stock. Only 21 left after my order. It's about $1 more than their other FA flavors, but description says it's at their cost and price will drop to normal when their regular suppliers get it in. Can't wait to try it :D

http://www.onestopdiyshop.com/product-p/fl-non-15.htm
That's funny, they added more, it was down to 8 when I ordered 2 days ago

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapa Toe Pro

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's funny, they added more, it was down to 8 when I ordered 2 days ago

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapa Toe Pro
And you didn't tell the rest of us :eek: Think of all the fun of the knock down drag out fights as we all fought for the 8 bottles ;) You missed good entertainment!

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry, I think everyone is a forum junkie and knew from other Nonna thread. Lol
Apparently I'm missing threads....must mean I need to spend even more time on my tablet ;) Will go look for another Nonna thread now....

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
3% steeped for a good week
So sounds like another flavor that is better as a S&V then. Thanks for the advice, I usually don't even taste a juice until a 4 weeks steep. I won't waste my time on this one!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So sounds like another flavor that is better as a S&V then. Thanks for the advice, I usually don't even taste a juice until a 4 weeks steep. I won't waste my time on this one!
Most of the recipes I make with FA are shake and vape - a very few need a couple of days, but i've never had a recipe made with FA that needed a month!

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Definitely a S&V. Or mix at 5% and steep for a month. I'll have to try that. It's really a tasty flavor out of the gate. Then it fades and loses that baked cake flavor. Tastes like coconut after a week.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wow....that didn't sound right. I won't waste my time on the steeping....but will definitely be spending time with Nonna's ;)

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Grrr. I want me some nonna FA. So can't wait. Last I herd from ecx is end of March. But I havnt been able to get a firm date.

SteveMc

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Just got some Nonna's Cake in the mail today, thought I'd go with HIC's recommendation of 3% standalone. Bang on, as usual. :)
Mixed 75/25 VG Heavy with 3 Nic and vaping on 0.4ohms Clapton coils @40watts+
This stuff is delicious, I can see it going in many things.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors