Become a Patron!

New Flavors from different companies reviewed

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please feel free to add to a review if your opinion differs. I'm hoping this will help aid people in choosing if they wish to purchase the said flavor, even though taste is said to be subjective. Also feel free to post a review from any company on any flavor or even comparing the same flavor from different companies. I will organize by copying and pasting to create a thread by flavors and companies.

I am going to start by reviewing some new flavorah flavors and standalone %'s as well as comparing them to the same flavor of a different company for descriptive purposes. I will test at various %'s fresh as well at a 2 week steep.

Capella Funel Cake:
5% Freshly mixed tastes as it smells, like play-dough, but not salty like play-dough.
10 day steep smells like play-dough, but scent is not as strong. Kinda chemically tasting. I seem to be getting like a slight mint taste and eugenol effect. I'm going to remix and taste more at 5% to see if I accidentally mixed up bottle droppers from lemongrass and report back. As this don't seem right.

Flavorah Pound Cake: Freshly mixed from 2-5% I could barely taste anything other than my vg/pg base. Not very impressed at all. So I mixed this up at 10% to give it a try. Still not impressed at all. The taste I am getting is an artificial type of sweetness, with very light pound cake flavor. I'm hoping steeping helps. Don't recommend as a standalone flavor vaping freshly mixed.

Hmmm, well Pound Cake mixed at 4% and steeped for 24 days and the cake flavor of the pound cake is shinning through nicely. The only strangeness is that odd sweet flavor I seem to be getting. I get the same type distinct sweet flavor from their flavorah vanilla custard, but it is not nearly as potent in their custard. Idk what that distinct sweet flavor is, it's not like saccharin nor real sugar. I find it a bit chemically tasting in this. I personally don't like it. Basically, I am getting a nice pound cake flavor, but it is covered in that odd sweet taste I do not like at all.

Flavorah Rich Cinnamon, Flavourart Cinnamon Ceylon, & TFA Cinnamon Spice: With the cost of Flavorah Rich Cinnamon at a whopping $12.49, I decided to vape these 3 cinnamon flavors side by side and give you my honest opinion. Many people I know as well as reviews I have read proclaim how highly concentrated Flavorah Rich Cinnamon is that makes it worth the price. Keep in mind I'm vaping these as standalone flavors, not in recipes.

I mixed up TFA Cinnamon Spice & FA Cinnamon Ceylon both at 1.5% and tasted them. TFA Cinnamon Spice was excellent at this %. I have always preferred it over FA Cinnamon Ceylon as to me it seems richer and more flavorful. Now I have only ordered one bottle of FA Cinnamon Ceylon as well as TFA Cinnamon Spice and I know one can at times get a bad batch of a flavor. Unless I order another bottle I shall not know. If anyone has compared these two flavors side by side I'd be interested in your honest opinion.

I mixed Flavorah Rich Cinnamon up at .75% expecting it to be too potent, but it actually didn't give me much taste, it was too light compared with the other two cinnamon flavors. I found at 1.25% it was quite rich and flavorful. So, to me it wasn't much more concentrated to justify spending $12.49 unless the flavor was by far superior. Is it, imho? I find it to be extremely close in taste and flavor and richness as TFA Cinnamon Spice. I don't find the two flavors comparably different at all to be honest. All 3 flavors are going to steep and I'll note if any changed occur as they steep, if they loose or gain strength of flavor.

Update on cinnamon... as they steep, none seem to loose strength. In most recipes I'm finding 1-2 drops in 12 ml. Is plenty. Although I didn't notice a difference in standalone %'s, I'd say in a recipe flavorah rich cinnamon is about 2x's the strength of TFA & FA Cinnamon.

Flavorah Clove: A perfect sweet clove flavor. Quite potent as is their rich cinnamon, lemongrass, & lime. 2% standalone was quite potent. I can't compare it to FA as I have never tried theirs, but it has a similar taste profile to Hangsen D.J. Rum. I have yet to try TFA Pumpkin Spice standalone for a comparison. I used to smoke Djaram Brown clove cigarettes once in a while, and I can see building on this clove to make a similar sweet spicy vape.

Last edited:

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And we're off!
Looking forward to this thread evolving.
Thanks Daintanee :cheers:

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Pastey!

Flavourart Labyrinth

FA describe this as silky vanilla and caramel with a touch of fruit.
Although I absolutely love caramel as a flavour that I can shove down my throat and ingest, I've never been a huge fan of caramel vapes as they never quite give me what I'm hoping for. The caramel element in Labyrinth is very subtle, but it doesn't carry the artificial or rougher elements that I usually get from caramel concentrates. This may be why they've used the term 'silky'. if so, well.... 'silky caramel' is what I like. The fruity element is also subtle, but to me it mixes well into this mix, and although I can't quite pinpoint what fruits they've used, I think it's a nice touch. I started with 1% on this one and moved up to 3%. Flavours didn't change a great deal, just got stronger. I think I'll be adding this to some mixes down the track.

Flavourart Up

FA describe this as a desert coffee with creamy cereal notes and a touch of alcohol on the exhale.
I'm getting that familiar FA coffee flavour that's also found in their Tiramisu and Coffee flavours, but it's smoothed out with the cream and cereal additions (which is usually pretty much what we do ourselves). As for the alcohol on the exhale, I'm not getting that, but this could be due to the fact that I'm drinking wine as I'm testing these flavours. What I am getting seperate to the coffee, cream and cereal though, is a fruity note. In particular, a berry note. It works very well, and reminds me slightly of HIC's Strawberry Mocha Frappuccino. Although it's not as pronounced or yummy as HIC's mix, I'm quite enjoying it standalone. I've been vaping it at 1% and nearly got through the whole 5ml sample whilst testing.

Flavourart Wow

FA describe this as fried donut wrapped around a deliciously fruity red filling and sugar topping!
I'll start with the donut. It's not the type of Capella / FA Joy type of doughiness that some may expect. It's more of a cakey flavour IMO, closer to Nonna's Cake than classic American donut flavours. There's a slight donut element, but it's no where near as pronounced as one may expect. As for the fruity red filling, I'm not sure what red fruit this could be. I definitely aren't getting any of the obvious red fruits such as berries or watermelon. There may be a little bit of apple and cinnamon. ( Do they mean Red apple? ) I'm not even sure that's what I'm tasting though.

Not sure what I think of this one. While it doesn't excite me standalone, I don't mind it as a flavour. It's not what I was expecting from the description, but with a little finesse, I'm sure it could be worked into a mix nicely.
I started at 1% and have moved up to 3%. Not a great deal of changes by upping the concentration other than enhanced flavour.

Last edited:

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Inawera Custard

First off, this is a vanilla custard as a pose to a pure custard flavour such as Flavourart's. It's been a long time since I've used any vanilla custard concentrate. There's quite a few VC concentrates on the market these days, but the only one I've used in the past is Capella V1. When I first tried Cap VC I loved it, but in time I started to get a chemical note that I couldn't overcome.

INW Custard brings back memories of Cap VC, but to my palette tastes more natural. I started out at 1% and it shone through enough to be enjoyable and emphasise that it would be great in the mix at this percentage. I upped it to 2% and really enjoyed it standalone at this percentage. Lovely creamy vanilla flavour with a slight touch of eggnog. I then upped it to roughly 4% and found that it lost its balance a little bit.

Overall I'm quite excited about this flavour, and am enjoying it standalone at 2%.
If you're a Cap VC fan I'd recommend giving this one a try.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavorah Lemon Grass: Quite potent even at small percentages. Great bright Lemongrass flavor. In most recipes you won't want more than .5% bc it can easily overpower. Rather strong vaping as a standalone flavor. 2% blew me away. It seems to tame/sweeten super tart/strong fruits. At least it does with INW Rhubarb. Goes well with FA Citrus fruits imho as well as FE Lemon. Mixes well with FA Cardamom. I really, really do like this flavor in recipes around .5%. It's a bit too much as a standalone flavor to me.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Great review Daintanee.
I just received some so this lets me know where to start.
Much appreciated!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavorah Vanilla Custard: I'm finding this is a weak flavor compared to other FLV flavorings. At 10% at a 12 day steep I am tasting a very sweet sugary vanilla flavor. I don't get a funky taste or deep custard base flavor as I do with Capella custard. The custard flavor is much lighter than Capella. I will continue steeping to see if any changes or custard becomes more prominent.

As this flavor steeps longer, the custard aspect begins to shine through at around 3 weeks. Totally different from Capella VC as it is much sweeter and has more of a sweet vanilla flavor, more like a vanilla pudding tasting sweet vanilla.

Last edited:

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds up my alley, but 10% makes it an expensive addition. I've been loving the INW at 1% and it tastes even better now that I'm getting a 90% discount :teehee:

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Flavorah Sweet Coconut

Although this is a sweetened coconut, it's a very true tasting coconut. It carries the same notes that I get from shredded coconut mixed with sugar when sprinkled over deserts etc. I started at 0.5% and it was lovely. I bumped it up to 1.5% and feel no need to go any higher. It's quite a concentrated flavour. I then pulled out a mix I had lying around with FA coconut to compare and I'm finding that the FA has a bit of a soapy taste in comparison to the FLV.

I think this has become my new 'go to' coconut.
Mixes beautifully with INW Biscuit of and a touch of butterscotch

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavorah Sweet Coconut

Although this is a sweetened coconut, it's a very true tasting coconut. It carries the same notes that I get from shredded coconut as I usually eat that sprinkled over deserts etc. I started at 0.5% and it was lovely. I bumped it up to 1.5% and feel no need to go any higher. It's quite a concentrated flavour. I then pulled out a mix I had lying around with FA coconut to compare and I'm finding that the FA has a bit of a soapy taste in comparison to the FLV.

I think this has become my new 'go to' coconut.
Mixes beautifully with INW Biscuit of and a touch of butterscotch
Hmmm, I was eyeing that coconut. I was sent a sample of the regular coconut and just opening it you can smell all the baddies. I tried it at .75% in a recipe and it was too much for me. For some reason when I vape most flavors with baddies in them, I have to keep % super low, but most often they leave an awful unwanted taste in my mouth. Idk why. But yet,I have no funky taste with their vanilla custard...I don't taste the baddies in it.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hmmm, I was eyeing that coconut. I was sent a sample of the regular coconut and just opening it you can smell all the baddies. I tried it at .75% in a recipe and it was too much for me. For some reason when I vape most flavors with baddies in them, I have to keep % super low, but most often they leave an awful unwanted taste in my mouth. Idk why. But yet,I have no funky taste with their vanilla custard...I don't taste the baddies in it.

Haaa taste buds are weird things eh. Wonder what the diff is with the VC, maybe certain flavours within it overpower the baddies. Oh well even if you have to use it at high quantities, if it's the only VC you've found that tickles the taste buds, it's well worth it.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Idk Semi. I can use Caps VC at 1% in recipes with good results for myself, and as I'm almost out I might give that Inw a go. I do love FA Custard, but I love lemon. As for the Flavorah VC I find it quite expensive at 10% and its not good enough for me to purchase again. In a way it reminds me of their pound cake...super sweet. I'm still steeping the pound cake and it is better at 4% @ a 2 week steep, but nit what I was hoping for. Too sweet and reminds me of FW yellow cake. Maybe in another week the 2 flavors will blow me away, but I am doubtful. Their Cinnamon, Clove, Lime, & Lemon grass are worth the $$ to me personally.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea I got over custards for ages as Caps VC just started tasting super artificial. The only custard I've used over the last few years is FA, which I can't stand standalone or in high quantities, but HIC's recipes taught me how to use it to great effect. I use it at 0.5% in lots of my recipes now to round off mixes. The INW reminded me of Caps VC straight away, but without the chemical notes I started to get from it. I've been enjoying the INW and working it into some mixes with moderate success.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Although this is a sweetened coconut, it's a very true tasting coconut. It carries the same notes that I get from shredded coconut mixed with sugar when sprinkled over deserts etc. I started at 0.5% and it was lovely. I bumped it up to 1.5% and feel no need to go any higher. It's quite a concentrated flavour. I then pulled out a mix I had lying around with FA coconut to compare and I'm finding that the FA has a bit of a soapy taste in comparison to the FLV.

This sounds like an excellent choice to use with some chocolate for a mounds bar ish flavor... thinking I will add that onto next order.. thank you all for the flavor reviews.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not familiar with mounds bars, but it does remind me of the shredded coconut used in sweets such as Bounty bars and Coconut ice.
It may just be my subjectiveness, but if you're grabbing some concentrates from somewhere and it's on the list, I think it's worth a try.
Bounty-chocolateBar-coconut.jpg images.jpg

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mix the Poundcake at 4%. Give it 3 weeks, and tell me whatcha think. ;)
TY, Jimi! I updated my steeping thoughts on the flavor as you suggested. However if your taste is different from mine, I'm hopeful you will post what you get from this. I know we can all taste things differently and I wouldn't want to shun someone away from trying this out, it just ain't for me.

VU Sponsors