Become a Patron!

New Flavour Art flavour for the uk Zeppola!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Received an email today from FA UK....

NEW FLAVOUR CONCENTRATE ZEPPOLA HAS ARRIVED

Flavourart have produced a new concentrate - Zeppola which is best described as a Italian Pasty or Doughnut.

Available as a concentrate - 10ml, 50ml and 100ml. Can also be purchased as samplers and under the Super Six Offer. This new flavour can be found with the Emotions and Artists Touch Range.

Some customers have been lucky enough to already try this new concentrate which was originally only available in the US but we now have here in the UK.

Here is what one person had to say:

Courtesy of Joe Melvin. Flavourart: Zeppola 2-5% used.

Description: Nice fried dough. Not too sweet. Noticing two distinct tastes. Inside is light, very slightly sweet and VERY lightly fluffy. Outside is fried dough. No added sugar or cinnamon. The taste is spot on flavor-wise of the fried dough the little Italian lady up the way makes.

2% Light fried dough, use here as texture or a good dough/blender.

3% Blended around here with fruit and other lighter volatiles. A strawberry doughnut for example.

4% Seems to be the sweet spot as the main flavor.

5% Heavy dough. Serves it's intended purpose very well. A strong fried dough.

Mixes with: Anything you need fried dough for?

Vanillas (depending on application)

Creams: Custard v1, FA Custard, Vanilla bean ice cream, vienna, FA meringue, fresh cream, bavarian cream. Pretty much any cream that is smooth and delicious. I would avoid spicier creams unless the whole recipe calls for something spicy (like a fried pumpkin doughnut, or eggnog latte with a friend dough top.)

Cakes/ pastry/ texture: Definitely could use a bit more texture depending on application. Boost inner doughnut with another bread/ to increase texture itself. Mix with acetyl pyrazine, cereal 27, doughnut flavors, yellow cake (any depending on end goal), nonna's cake (a really big plus if you use the FA Custard), fudge brownie, biscotto (fa cookie), vanilla cupcake, joy, bread pudding, biscuit... you get the idea.

Fruits: Any sweet fruit. Blueberry, strawberry, banana, jams, oba oba, raspberry etc.. I'd probably stay away from citrus as the fried outside flavor can give you the misinterpretation of citrus if you have a very sensitive palate. The only citrus I'd probably insert here is the lemon in nonna or fa custard.

Chocolates can be used in pretty much any form depending on the intended effect. Bready chocolates are nice for a doughnut and creamy chocolates are going to be good for an outside coating.

Nuts: almond, pistachio, mixed nuts, cashews. Pretty much any nut will go well depending on application.

Solid flavor. If you want fried dough with very little sweetness, this is the way to go. Very versatile and fun.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
So anyone accross the pond tried this yet?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
@Huckleberried are you ok to move this to the flavour/base section please didn't see it when I posted this :(

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I haven't seen this one yet, looks promising! @HeadInClouds ?

(FA Zeppola)
I wrote about it recently over here: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-mixes-diy-recipes-store.54921/page-57#post-1500149
It's gonna be popular in bakery recipes. ;)
If you've tried FA wOw and like the pastry flavor, you'll like Zeppola.
(P.S. it has none of the yeasty flavor that some dislike in Joy)
I disagree with a lot of the description quoted from FA UK at the top, especially the "no added sugar or cinnamon". This is one of FA's sweetest flavors, and using over 3% or so, a lot of people will be able to taste some spice. Not the first time my description has conflicted with FA's (esp FA UK's).

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Awesome thanks HIC can't wait to try this now! Hmmmm sweeet goodness? So when are you gonna formulate a recipee with this lol? If I may be so bold a danish would be epic a custard one with a hint of fruit background say maybe red cherry with a bit of marzipan added in for kicks hmmmmmmm

Haven't tried FA WoW either did you do a write up of that too?

I'm most definitely 100% not an FA Joy fan, it tastes well, what I can only describe as a beer burp .....was so disappointed after the hype it received

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ditto. I bought a bottle as soon as it became available at Bully City. Ended up sending half the bottle to another member. I'm still hearing about that. :cuss2: (that's my impression of that person)

VU Sponsors