Become a Patron!

New H-Priv PRO with TFV8. Can't get TC to work, can't open tank.

I just bought a new H-Priv Pro kit which has a TFV8 Big Baby tank included along wih a V8 Baby-X4 (0.15ohm quadruple) core preinstalled and another V8 Baby-T6 (0.2 ohm sextuple coil) in the box. The documentation is a bit sparse, and I've searched through the web and can't seem to find a satisfactory answer. I even watched Youtube videos about how to change the thing.

So problem 1: If I set the X4 coil to temperature control mode, it does one of two things. If I set the coil type to stainless steel (which is what I thought this one was) the mod never heats up to the target temperature (about 350F) and then bails out on thermal protection. So I'm guessing that's wrong. Which implies to me that the X4 core is not a temperature compatible coil. So, assuming that is correct, the next problem arises:

Problem 2: Try as I might, I haven't been able to disassemble the damned tank to install the T6 coil. The only thing that I haven't tried yet is pliers, because the resistance is just so high that it feels like I'm going to break it. And the pliers will scratch up the finish.

So assuming that I'm correct on point 1 and the X4 is not temperature compatible, how can it be this hard to pull this tank apart to change the coil? I mean, is there a latch or something that I'm missing? And is there any inherent problem to running a TC coil in watt mode? Surely these coils aren't this unreliable, but I guess I can just go get a replacement tank. I just don't want to do that and wind up in the same situation I'm in right now.

Thanks, guys.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I believe all the tfv8 and Baby coils are kanthal, meaning only very few mods can do TC with them, such as the G2.

Running a nickle coil in wattage mode is a no go, for health and safety reasons. Stainless steel should be fine either way, however.

As for the stuck tank, maybe threading or an o-ring issue? Try soaking in very warm water for awhile. Soaking in alcohol can help. Putting tank in the freezer for a short while also. You are trying to encourage a little expansion and contraction. Once you get it open, if all looks ok, try using a few drops of e liquid on the threads as a lubricant.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks. That's what I thought. Any recommendations on a tank for this thing that can do TC well?
1) as stated the baby beast coils won't work in TC. they are kanthal. the 2 devices that can TC them are the hohm slice and the hohmwrecker G2
2) it's not that hard. it should unscrew pretty easily. you can try freezing it in the freezer for a bit if your having trouble ot using a rubber band for extra grip. don't use pliers
3) any RTA where you build your own coils or if you want premade ones, lots of aspire tanks have SS coil options

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The TFV8 RBA head with SS coils should be fine for TC.
he has the big baby though and form what I heard the baby beast RBA coil doesn't work for it because the glass is a different size or something like that. I'm not 100% sure. I'll try it out when my baby beast RBA arrives which should be tuesday

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yes... You are right SirRichardRear the big baby beast RBA does have to have the bigger glass. I too have the big baby beast had to order the bigger glass for it also.
do u mind me asking where you got it from?

VU Sponsors