Become a Patron!

New here..Have questions

I am new to the vapor world. I quit smoking ciggs 2 weeks ago. I got a cheap Smok brand pen where I used to buy my ciggs. When she asked me what flavor I told her none. lol I was/am still clueless. She gave me something called USA mild. I loved it! Taste just like a reg cigg! No joke! I got home threw away my ashtray all reg ciggs. Did not even crave one!! Also I started on 24 mg nic on 18 now. I smoked 2 packs or more a day for 25 years.

Well the smok pen broke on Sunday! Was leaking. So the place I got in from was closed on Sunday. So my husband who has never smoked a day in his life found a local place called dark vapor. Well we went there the guy was really nice I ended up getting a kangertech subox nano starter kit. I LOVE it! When he asked me what flavor I said none. He said all his was flavored! So I got strawberry banana. I did not like it at first but now I kinda llike it. I just mix it with my "none flav" some lol.

So now for my questions.
Did I buy the right thing? He set it up for me at the store. Primed it etc.
I am using the .5 between 16-20 watts.

Sometimes it makes a crackling noise. Is this normal?

I smoked reg ciggs for 25 years and NEVER felt euphoria ..but I SWEAR after I vape a few times on this thing I feel that way. Is this in my head? lol

Thanks to anyone who read this.

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So now for my questions.

If it is working for you then you bought the right thing.

Yes, the coil is getting hot and vaporizing the juice.

I smoked reg ciggs for 25 years and NEVER felt euphoria ..but I SWEAR after I vape a few times on this thing I feel that way. Is this in my head? lol

You're using 18mg nic which is pretty high, I started on 24 then 18, if your setup is vaping pretty good then its gonna give you a lot of nic, you can lower your nic level until you find what you like. I am now down to 9mg nic and sometimes 6mg nic.

So now for my questions.

If it is working for you then you bought the right thing.

Yes, the coil is getting hot and vaporizing the juice.

You're using 18mg nic which is pretty high, I started on 24 then 18, if your setup is vaping pretty good then its gonna give you a lot of nic, you can lower your nic level until you find what you like. I am now down to 9mg nic and sometimes 6mg nic.

Thank you!! I ordered some 12 mg nic online.

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Pinkvapor, most shops will let you sample their juices in order to find flavors you like (0mg nic since you are looking for taste and don't want to over do the nic). Call around and check, I like to use a dripper with no cotton in it and just drip on the coil which will give you one to two good vapes in order to try the flavors out, make sure to take a bottle of water with you when you do this to rinse between flavors so you get a better idea of what each one is like without the previous flavor affecting the taste of the next one. I'm sure if you have a decent shop they will let you use one of their drippers and put a coil on it so you can do this, I would just buy one of their drip tips and use on it.

Pinkvapor, most shops will let you sample their juices in order to find flavors you like (0mg nic since you are looking for taste and don't want to over do the nic). Call around and check, I like to use a dripper with no cotton in it and just drip on the coil which will give you one to two good vapes in order to try the flavors out, make sure to take a bottle of water with you when you do this to rinse between flavors so you get a better idea of what each one is like without the previous flavor affecting the taste of the next one. I'm sure if you have a decent shop they will let you use one of their drippers and put a coil on it so you can do this, I would just buy one of their drip tips and use on it.
Yes! He said I could do that! Someone told me to get dragon tears..So I just ordered it online. I think when I go there to buy more coils or what ever he called them I will sample some! Thank you for reminding me!

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The reason I recommend you trying different samples is because everyone has different tastes that they like. I may love some flavors and they aren't your cup of tea.

As an example I ordered in some juices and received them yesterday, the first one I tried had me wanting to throw it away but then my wife tried it and liked it (she just got some free juice). I actually don't normally order juice without having tried it first but the sale of the juice all went to charity so I just picked one and ran with it.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sample packs are the way to go. A vape shop of course is great and I love the idea of supporting these businesses as they give me an option of somewhere to go if I need something Now. But, you're going to pay a bit more for stuff at them, and in my experience unless they have their own brand you're going to end up getting either more name brand higher end stuff and paying a lot (the one closest to me has 15ml bottles for $20...), or getting generic cheap stuff at still a higher price than it should be (30ml for $12 for a basic oversweetened strawberry).

I highly recommend checking out the ejuice area of this forum for suggestions. http://vapingunderground.com/forums/ejuice-flavor-discussions.454/

Doing a little research will be very helpful. There are talks of tobacco flavors, economical juices (some of which beat out the "high end" stuff honestly), and just a lot of stuff.

Again I'll stress Vape Shops are great, and well worth supporting, but you could save some money and maybe find something that better suits you.

Lastly, never throw a juice away until you've given it ample time to steep. You may not like it initially, but put it away and try again in 2 weeks or so, then make your decision. Some juices I've had I thought were horrid initially, came back to them and liked them a lot. Likewise the opposite has been true, liking it initially then it grew into something that was a bit too strong in certain areas. Remember that juice ages in flavor as it steeps. So when/if you get sample packs try a bit of it, then save some for a couple weeks and try again then make your decision on if you want to stock up on it.

I guess that wasn't lastly, but what you're buying are coilheads, or just premade coils, it's a coil with cotton already packed inside the structure that fits your tank. What your battery does is simply provide power to a coil that has a certain resistance, that coil heats up and vaporizes the juice that's soaked into the cotton (or whatever material) ideally not burning the cotton. With your Subtank there is a rebuildable coilhead, where you can wrap your own wire into a coil and fasten it into the head, then insert some cotton to wick up the juice and voila you're all set to vape. Doing this you can save some money as I'm sure you've realized each head is a couple dollars and will last you a week or two, wire/cotton is much cheaper and you can be spending cents instead of dollars. The more you do yourself the less it's going to cost. But no need to get ahead of yourself, just information worth knowing and all the tips/help you could ever want is on the forum when/if you ever need it, so GL, I'm sure you'll be happy with this change and so will your husband because cigarettes are smelly :)

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@pinkvapor congratulations on quitting smoking.

You've already gotten a lot of good information here, all I can do is echo what was already said, if it is working for you, then you bought the right setup. With regards to the juice, I highly recommend that you continue trying juices at the local shops to find the ones you like, before ordering juices online that you have never tasted. I would also recommend that you support the local business and buy your juices from them, at least once in a while. If you continue to buy juices untested, you will end up spending a TON of money on juice that you won't vape. I made that mistake when I was just starting out and had bottles of juice for over a year that never got used after I actually tasted them.

HTH!

VU Sponsors