Become a Patron!

New here, I'm steph

Steph. Stephanie. Whatever works. I'm from the Pittsburgh, PA area and If we are being totally honest here.. I'm pretty much a trainwreck. Its been about 3 years since I was fairly knowledgeable and interested in vaping and I'm really wanting to find my way back. However, 3 years is an incredible amount of time as far as technological advances and all. That being said.. Alot of what I'm reading and researching may as well be written in a foreign language. So, bare with me a bit. Feel free to message me and introduce yourself if you're local, new friends are always cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Steph and welcome:wave:
What type of gear did you use 3 years ago, so maybe we can get an idea of what you would be most comfortable with compared to what's out there now that would make a good fit for you.

A vision spinner wrapped in glitter tape I have an IPV2 from when they first came out with different clone RDAs, but I'm really looking for something more handheld with an RTA. I was looking into an ipv8 but am not really finding them anywhere under $50? I haven't even looked into RTA. I'd like to have a reliable setup for $100 or less including batteries. Coval vapes is running a July 4th sale with the Smok Alien kit for a pretty good deal but the impression I've been getting is that the tank isn't really realistic to rebuild.
Hi Steph and welcome:wave:
What type of gear did you use 3 years ago, so maybe we can get an idea of what you would be most comfortable with compared to what's out there now that would make a good fit for you.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A vision spinner wrapped in glitter tape I have an IPV2 from when they first came out with different clone RDAs, but I'm really looking for something more handheld with an RTA. I was looking into an ipv8 but am not really finding them anywhere under $50? I haven't even looked into RTA. I'd like to have a reliable setup for $100 or less including batteries. Coval vapes is running a July 4th sale with the Smok Alien kit for a pretty good deal but the impression I've been getting is that the tank isn't really realistic to rebuild.

Have you looked on Fastech site, if you don't mind a bit of a wait

https://www.fasttech.com/product/6226102-authentic-pioneer4you-ipv-8-230w-tc-vw-apv-box-mod

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome Steph, hope you can get whatever info you need from here. If you ever have a question feel free to pm. Hope you can find a decent setup for a decent price.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea , I see that now....looks like my search turned up the older models, but they do have lower priced vape gear there, hope you can find something similar?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome -
Maybe the Joyetech Penguin- pretty nice AIO( all in one) that is small, lightweight and vapes really nice! Online shops will probably hold 4th sales and you should be able to get something for a great price!
For a mod kit- the eLeaf Pico kit- you would need a few 18650 batteries(LG, Samsung- no efest), and should buy a battery charger so one battery can be charged while vaping with the other but that is a great small, not expensive vape that you can control the wattage!The included Melo Tank can take many different coils like Tobeco,Aspire Triton and Atlantis and eleaf melo coils!
Best of Luck to you!

BareVN

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if youre looking for a handheld setup with RTA I would highly recommend the Smoant Charon / Battlestar MOD with a Kylin RTA, both are pretty well priced ( especially the MOD) and are both pretty darn good, should be able to get that and some decent batteries VTC5a's/25r's for under ÂŁ100

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome Steph! I joined the VU community today as well. Good luck getting back into vaping. Tons of options these days :)

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard :vino:

VU Sponsors