Become a Patron!

New hybrid mech mod not firing hard (long ramp up)

vopickachu

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey i just bought myself a new beetle juice hybrid mech mod from my local vape shop and im a running a 528 customs goon rda (yes it is authentic) on it. I tried using multiple coil types with it to fix this problem... i am currently using a 3 wrap clapton coil build single coil. it is the only one that will somewhat work. I am also using a samsung inr-18650 25r (fully charged and brand new). can someone give me suggestions on what i should do to fix this??

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
take it apart and clean the contacts of the button......twice., make sure your 510 pin is down far enough and it is cleaned.

vopickachu

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
take it apart and clean the contacts of the button......twice., make sure your 510 pin is down far enough and it is cleaned.
ill try this tomorrow hopefully it works or else my money has been wasted ill keep this posted until it is fixed

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ill try this tomorrow hopefully it works or else my money has been wasted ill keep this posted until it is fixed
yeah it has copper contacts which are great but copper does oxidize fast make sure your button is operating correctly and smoothly and check that the derlin adjustment for battery rattle is correct and that your button contact is clearing it and hitting the battery.use a good copper cleaner....lemon or ketchup in a pinch .

vopickachu

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yeah it has copper contacts which are great but copper does oxidize fast make sure your button is operating correctly and smoothly and check that the derlin adjustment for battery rattle is correct and that your button contact is clearing it and hitting the battery.use a good copper cleaner....lemon or ketchup in a pinch .
I tried using lemon juice (2 times) ... it improved a little bit it will actually fire now but it doesnt look corroded at all and it still hits weak

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried using lemon juice (2 times) ... it improved a little bit it will actually fire now but it doesnt look corroded at all and it still hits weak
did you clean the contacts on your attys?...did you check the button contact clears the derlin adjustment for battery rattle...mahe sure the threads on the tube are clean.

vopickachu

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
did you clean the contacts on your attys?...did you check the button contact clears the derlin adjustment for battery rattle...mahe sure the threads on the tube are clean.
it is very clean. i got the batter rattle gone as much as possible without having it always touching the 510 on the addy since its a hybrid, i think that im going to take it back to the shop and see if i can switch it out or if they can try and fix it though
also the build im using is .231 ohms

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
do the builds you are trying work the way you expect them to on other tubes, or even regulated mods at the same power (~3.7v)? you said you tried a wide range of resistances, from mtl to cloud chasing types...but are they all tube builds specifically that you have experienced a good vape/quick ramp up from?

vopickachu

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
do the builds you are trying work the way you expect them to on other tubes, or even regulated mods at the same power (~3.7v)? you said you tried a wide range of resistances, from mtl to cloud chasing types...but are they all tube builds specifically that you have experienced a good vape/quick ramp up from?
actually this was my first mech mod ive been looking forward to getting one for a long time cause the first mod i ever hit was a mech mod and this bummed me out but yea it works perfectly on regulated mods just not the mech that i have. i dont think i shoulda gotten a hybrid as my first either i shoulda gotten a regular mech mod since its also safer cause this one if i turn it upside down it will push onto the atty and fire so :/

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
actually this was my first mech mod ive been looking forward to getting one for a long time cause the first mod i ever hit was a mech mod and this bummed me out but yea it works perfectly on regulated mods just not the mech that i have. i dont think i shoulda gotten a hybrid as my first either i shoulda gotten a regular mech mod since its also safer cause this one if i turn it upside down it will push onto the atty and fire so :/
leave it alone,take the battery out and put it on a shelf...it appears you may not know exactlly how hybrid mods work., until you do don't vape on it..if you don't understand how they work they can be very dangerous...I would personally never recommend a hybrid mod for a first mech mod. as a first mech I'd get a regular mech mod with a good button lock on it..I like Hybrids, but you have to be aware of what you are doing. I can't believe they sold you the mod without walking you through how to use it and things to be carefull about...I'm not trying to offend you but I'm not sure how much you know...the 510 connector is the little neck on the bottom of the atomizer that has threading on it to screw into the mod you just bought....the 510 pin is the pin that is in the middle of the connector,it is metal, around it is a ring off insulation or the isolator ...the 510 pin must stick out past the bottom of the 510 connector by at the very least 1mm...on some atomizers this is impossible to do,some atomizers will not work on a hybrid ....so that when you put the battery in the battery makes contact with the 510 pin and not the 510 connector...if the pin does not stick down low enough and the battery makes contact with BOTH the 510 connector and the 510 pin at the same time you will cause a hard short and it could be very dangerous....again I don't know how much you know about hybrids I'm not trying to talk down to you, I'm just making sure you don't hurt yourself...if none of this makes any sense to you don't use the mod until it does....if you already know all this forgive me for being redundant.

My fear is you have an atomizer with a non adjustable 510 pin that is flush with the 510 connector, or you have not taken a screwdriver and adjusted the 510 pin down far enough to make contact with the battery.

Last edited:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
strange. i have never had a mech mod fire poorly unless it needed a cleaning, or had the wrong build in it. for me, it either fires or doesnt. hopefully they can sort it out or replace it for you at the shop. best advice i can think of is to take the battery out, if its not already, and leave it alone until you can take it to the shop. bring your goon, with the build in it, and your battery and see if they can figure it out, try your goon/build on another tube, your battery in another tube etc etc...good luck :cheers:

vopickachu

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
leave it alone,take the battery out and put it on a shelf...it appears you may not know exactlly how hybrid mods work., until you do don't vape on it..if you don't understand how they work they can be very dangerous...I would personally never recommend a hybrid mod for a first mech mod. as a first mech I'd get a regular mech mod with a good button lock on it..I like Hybrids, but you have to be aware of what you are doing. I can't believe they sold you the mod without walking you through how to use it and things to be carefull about...I'm not trying to offend you but I'm not sure how much you know...the 510 connector is the little neck on the bottom of the atomizer that has threading on it to screw into the mod you just bought....the 510 pin is the pin that is in the middle of the connector,it is metal, around it is a ring off insulation or the isolator ...the 510 pin must stick out past the bottom of the 510 connector by at the very least 1mm...so that when you put the battery in the battery makes contact with the 510 pin and not the 510 connector...if the pin does not stick down low enough and the battery makes contact with BOTH the 510 connector and the 510 pin you will cause a hard short and it could be very dangerous....again I don't know how much you know about hybrids I'm not trying to talk down to you, I'm just making sure you don't hurt yourself...if none of this makes any sense to you don't use the mod until it does....if you already know all this forgive me for being redundant.
ik lmao thankyou for worrying about my safety and yes i did my reasearch for the past couple years ive watched all kinds of run downs i have tons of friends that have mechs. i did make sure not to have a flush 510 just for that reason thats why i went with a higher end rda bc the difference between my old $30 rdas and my $60 goon is major as ive noticed the quality is a lot better too. i also got an authentic mech mod just cause i dont have much trust for anything that is a clone cause the mods that do blow up are also made of tons of different metal alloys instead of just one solid type i also made sure to get a decent battery for using it so i dont blow the shit up i have been vaping for about 3-4 years now i just recently decided to drop cash on a mech to have fun with so i do have a somewhat decent knowlege on vapes i am just bamboozled on why it aint working properly bc there wasnt much corrosion before i cleaned it and even less after the multiple cleanings ive put the pins through... i also noticed with my specific mod it isnt even a button its just a peice of copper that connects to the battery and when i push it the whole thing goes up along with the battery to push it onto the attys 510

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ik lmao thankyou for worrying about my safety and yes i did my reasearch for the past couple years ive watched all kinds of run downs i have tons of friends that have mechs. i did make sure not to have a flush 510 just for that reason thats why i went with a higher end rda bc the difference between my old $30 rdas and my $60 goon is major as ive noticed the quality is a lot better too. i also got an authentic mech mod just cause i dont have much trust for anything that is a clone cause the mods that do blow up are also made of tons of different metal alloys instead of just one solid type i also made sure to get a decent battery for using it so i dont blow the shit up i have been vaping for about 3-4 years now i just recently decided to drop cash on a mech to have fun with so i do have a somewhat decent knowlege on vapes i am just bamboozled on why it aint working properly bc there wasnt much corrosion before i cleaned it and even less after the multiple cleanings ive put the pins through... i also noticed with my specific mod it isnt even a button its just a peice of copper that connects to the battery and when i push it the whole thing goes up along with the battery to push it onto the attys 510

It's a mystery personally I vape gennys, I was using a hybrid the surfrider from BCV, and one of my gennys just wouldn't fire on the thing ...I took that damn atty totally apart back to the bones 3 times, and cleaned it 3 times.. and then for whatever reason the damn thing fired right up...hasn't given me any trouble since...it's usually some little nothing you missed and took for granted,

vopickachu

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a mystery personally I vape gennys, I was using a hybrid the surfrider from BCV, and one of my gennys just wouldn't fire on the thing ...I took that damn atty totally apart back to the bones 3 times, and cleaned it 3 times.. and then for whatever reason the damn thing fired right up...hasn't given me any trouble since...it's usually some little nothing you missed and took for granted,
that is so true one day i wanted to use my old completely customized rx200 and it was dead when just the week before it ran like a champ, i miss that thing. my first higher end mod :( its been over a year without it ... it had a dragon ball z red screen and was powder coated ugh

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
maybe you could go back to the shop with a fresh battery and an atty and pick out another mod just like it and makes sure it works before switching it out for the one they sold you.

vopickachu

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
maybe you could go back to the shop with a fresh battery and an atty and pick out another mod just like it and makes sure it works before switching it out for the one they sold you.
thats what im gonna try and do but i know that they dont do refunds normally so im just gonna see if the dude knows whats wrong and ill be like shit ill take a mod for $20 less than this one and give it back to you and that means more profit for them and me losing money but if it means getting a working mech thats what ill do lmao

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thats what im gonna try and do but i know that they dont do refunds normally so im just gonna see if the dude knows whats wrong and ill be like shit ill take a mod for $20 less than this one and give it back to you and that means more profit for them and me losing money but if it means getting a working mech thats what ill do lmao
fuck that...they want repeat bussiness they need to keep their customer base happy.

vopickachu

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
fuck that...they want repeat bussiness they need to keep their customer base happy.
ik but either way if the mod aint gonna work i might as well switch it out with something that does or get a discount for the price of that on it. i normally dont go to that shop anymore because they are more pricey but they are the closest to me and have a large mod selection but the other ones do not have good selections

vopickachu

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yea well i just went back and the only thing he said i could try is use different wire and higher amp battery and they wont give refund or trade it out ugh

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You need a build in the atomiser that fires well at 3.7v. You have no way of altering the power/voltage to the coil/s with a mech mod so the coil/s have to be built specifically to suit the battery voltage.Fused claptons 28/36 at around 0.2 Ω (.4 per coil) is usually a good place to start out.

vopickachu

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You need a build in the atomiser that fires well at 3.7v. You have no way of altering the power/voltage to the coil/s with a mech mod so the coil/s have to be built specifically to suit the battery voltage.Fused claptons 28/36 at around 0.2 Ω (.4 per coil) is usually a good place to start out.
ill try that sometime

Cozymods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These are the coils i always use: https://www.elementvape.com/coilology-performance-prebuilt-coils?enter=true they are awesome.. Also what battery are you using? that can definitely be the cause.. And NI80 is the best type of wire for mechanical tube mods (in my opinion).. There is always voltage sag with mechanical tubes, you aren't getting 4.2 volts, so alot of people build lower then they normally do to get the wattage they desire.. Best batteries up-to-date rated by Battery Mooch are the Sony VTC5A's and the Vapcell Blacks, i like using the Vapcell Blacks for low builds, because they have more amps and hit a lil harder at the start, "but" they have less MAH which = less battery life (not that much less tho). I always buy usually 0.1 ohm coils which is still very safe with the Vapcell Blacks and 5a's.. I don't know how much knowledge you have with mechanical mods but here's a really good video to teach you about everything you need to know :
also look up battery mooch 18650 chart, he tests every 18650 to see the true AMPS and MAH you get from them, and remember the manufacturers always lie about the battery ratings.. So the reason why your mech isn't hitting hard could be a number of reasons: 1. Your Battery 2. Your coils 3. Your contacts are dirty and 4. Your mechanical tube could have very shitty voltage drop due to the machining, and the material it uses (but it's mainly all about your contacts and battery that matters the most for your tube to hit "hard")

vopickachu

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These are the coils i always use: https://www.elementvape.com/coilology-performance-prebuilt-coils?enter=true they are awesome.. Also what battery are you using? that can definitely be the cause.. And NI80 is the best type of wire for mechanical tube mods (in my opinion).. There is always voltage sag with mechanical tubes, you aren't getting 4.2 volts, so alot of people build lower then they normally do to get the wattage they desire.. Best batteries up-to-date rated by Battery Mooch are the Sony VTC5A's and the Vapcell Blacks, i like using the Vapcell Blacks for low builds, because they have more amps and hit a lil harder at the start, "but" they have less MAH which = less battery life (not that much less tho). I always buy usually 0.1 ohm coils which is still very safe with the Vapcell Blacks and 5a's.. I don't know how much knowledge you have with mechanical mods but here's a really good video to teach you about everything you need to know :
also look up battery mooch 18650 chart, he tests every 18650 to see the true AMPS and MAH you get from them, and remember the manufacturers always lie about the battery ratings.. So the reason why your mech isn't hitting hard could be a number of reasons: 1. Your Battery 2. Your coils 3. Your contacts are dirty and 4. Your mechanical tube could have very shitty voltage drop due to the machining, and the material it uses (but it's mainly all about your contacts and battery that matters the most for your tube to hit "hard")
ill check that out rn thanks :)

VU Sponsors