Become a Patron!

New istick saying atomizer low

tampametal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone know why istick is saying atomizer the low with new istick and Nautilus tank?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe I read that for the 1.6 ohm coil 4.2 and for the 1.8 4.4 Try it at 4 first. Is this the first time you've used both?

tampametal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll save coil and try on girlfriends.. Weird things like that seem to work lol

tampametal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
His & hers...
2urmng0.jpg

tampametal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Coil issues are aggravating for sure... Had several bad ones in a pack of bdc so I decided to get some aspire bvc's and first one I opened was giving me issues. I hope they resolve this soon.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't forget to try them on a different mod if you have one, thats what I do to check for bad coils

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every shop is different on what accessories they carry, maybe call and ask before headed out to one? online no doubt would be easier to find them.

tampametal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm just looking for basically a spacer to make it look more even in pic above if anyone has any ideas?

tampametal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That only allows one limit. :(
Do you happen to have part name/number so I can look elsewhere

Hey Guys, I'm brand new to this site, and I will check it out. The reason I became a member is to answer this question. My istick was showing a low atomizer message too, and I too threw out 2 coils because I thought I had a batch of bad coils. But, while I was adjusting the air flow on my Kanger Aero Mini, the adapter was loose. So I tried tightening it by screwing the adapter in using the whole atomizer which was already tight on the adapter. That's when I saw the low atomizer message come up. I backed off the atomizer from the adapter after it was seated, and the low atomizer message went away. I guess you can't tighten the atomizer down too tightly. Mine has to be just barely finger tight or I get the warning. The good news is the atomizer coil is not opened up (severed in 2) like I had thought. If you noticed, the Ohms will read .1 when the message comes up, which is almost 0 ohms as if the coil had broken...not shorted. I hope this helps. I hope no one minds that I joined knowing nothing about the site, but If I get an answer to a question I see, It kills me not to help. I know how bad it can suck to have a problem and not have the answer. Especially if your new to something. I had just gotten my Istick and was searching for an answer when I found this site. I came back when I found the answer.

I joined here to find an answer to my issue as well. I bought a new Istick 20 Watts and after 3 puffs it started to show protection. I cleaned and raised up the connector and not its reading atomizer low. What ever I put in there is keep saying atomizer low. Ive opened it up and disconnected the battery and re connected it and still doing the same thing. I dont believe its the 510 connector. My tank is aspire nautilus mini which is 1.9OHMs but the IStick reads it at 0.9. Please help if you know something

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First I would have contacted the seller and let them know I had a defective unit, I sure would not have "opened" it up ruining the manufacturers coverage on it. If you tried many toppers , and adjusted the pin, I'd say it was defective, Good luck on it.:(

Thank you for the reply! I already contacted the seller but they are not going to give me a refund. They offered $10 only which is not worth the headache. Thats why I tried to fix it myself. the wierd thing is that it reads 1.1 ohms even if no atomizer is connected to it. It still reads 1.1 ohm even when I disconnect the 510 red wire.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you for the reply! I already contacted the seller but they are not going to give me a refund. They offered $10 only which is not worth the headache. Thats why I tried to fix it myself. the wierd thing is that it reads 1.1 ohms even if no atomizer is connected to it. It still reads 1.1 ohm even when I disconnect the 510 red wire.
@Moonie Unless you waited more than 7-15 days, any respectable vendor should offer an exchange, at least. You could try offering a video of what it's doing.

Actually I didnt wait. After the issue I notified them right away. But they said they are not going to refund the full amount just less than half of it. I now have the Istick 30 watts version and its reading the same atomizer correctly which is 1.8 OHMs. I wonder if there is a way to reset or disconnect something and re connect again to fix this issue.

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wonder if that juice is still good to vape......?

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Would be careful of those things. reddit has 3 or 4 posts everyday of these iSticks failing. This particular one this morning was startling. Check out his pictures. Here's one of them.

http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/331n16/eleaf_istick_50_w_battery_overheating/

View attachment 19542

That one was plugged into a laptop charging port and left overnight...... I mean, it's shitty that it happened but that port was probably putting out the wrong amperage and that is what fried it.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That one was plugged into a laptop charging port and left overnight...... I mean, it's shitty that it happened but that port was probably putting out the wrong amperage and that is what fried it.

All usb is 5v, and anywhere between .5 and 2.5A (maybe more) As long as usb 5v standards are adhered to, which all computer's do, it's the device that determines the amperage it receives. I would think the mod would require at least 1 amp, and I could be wrong, but I think most computer's especially laptops are more like .5 to .9. The Anker usb wall adapters I use, can put out up to 2.5A if requested by the device.
So, no, definitely defective device. And here's another one that went thermal while charging. Burned a hole in his carpet about a month ago.

http://imgur.com/Ui0RvDY
http://imgur.com/aj1kgmO
http://imgur.com/OhiXy27

http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/32wijh/eleaf_istick_50w/

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think I have a similar issue with my Istick 30w. It worked fine with my nautilus mini, but with my Kayfun, the Ohms keep changing every second. I will try cealining it with rubbing alcohol... If it doesn't work, I'll build another coil.

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tested this? I'm a computer technician, and while I was in class we noticed that while all computers have at least one usb port outputing 5V, some manufacturers cheated on the extra ports and gave you less probably to save cost.
If is isn't 5volts, then it isn't Universal Serial Bus standard. Less wouldn't overcharge a device, probably just wouldn't charge at all. Amperage's can vary, but a properly designed usb device will only draw what it needs to charge. My cell phone charges drawing .9amps. If I plug it into a 2amp usb adapter, it will still only charge at .9amps. If I plug it into a .5amp usb adapt, it won't charge at all.

**edit** There could very well be other things eleaf is not complying with the USB standard. I have no idea if the charging was the cause of the fires or not. I do know there are many cases of auto-firing. Some saying juice in the switch, other's not. Who knows.

Last edited:

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If is isn't 5volts, then it isn't Universal Serial Bus standard. Less wouldn't overcharge a device, probably just wouldn't charge at all. Amperage's can vary, but a properly designed usb device will only draw what it needs to charge. My cell phone charges drawing .9amps. If I plug it into a 2amp usb adapter, it will still only charge at .9amps. If I plug it into a .5amp usb adapt, it won't charge at all.

**edit** There could very well be other things eleaf is not complying with the USB standard. I have no idea if the charging was the cause of the fires or not. I do know there are many cases of auto-firing. Some saying juice in the switch, other's not. Who knows.

Only reason my mind goes there immediately is because it seems any time I've read of a battery catching on fire or exploding while charging in the past it is while plugged in to a laptop charging port. I'm not an electrical engineer so I don't really know what the ins and outs of it all are.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only reason my mind goes there immediately is because it seems any time I've read of a battery catching on fire or exploding while charging in the past it is while plugged in to a laptop charging port. I'm not an electrical engineer so I don't really know what the ins and outs of it all are.
I don't know either, but if I had to bet, it would probably be a USB non-compliance of eleaf, rather than HP, Toshiba, Samsung, Apple, Dell, or the many other numerous brands out there.

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, are you guys suggesting only charging the iStick directly from the wall to the battery?

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have had my iStick 50 for a little over a month now, and have only EVER charged it with my Dell PC USB port.
No problems what so ever, yet !
I get about 2 days between charging, so Im guessing about 15 or so charging cycles on it so far.

ohms read .1 higher than my other devices most times, but other than that I have no issues thus far....
Hope it remains that way !

Just Sayin............

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, are you guys suggesting only charging the iStick directly from the wall to the battery?

Nobody really knows if the fires are from charging or not. Some are speculating fire button problems. It just so happened that these two particular examples were being charged at night while sleeping when they failed. There has been many others who's device just started firing out of the blue while not on a charger.

I don't own one but I thought I would put the info & links out there for those who do. I would want to know if I did own one.

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I own one and I am following this thread and I thank you.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I own one and I am following this thread and I thank you.
Your welcome. You may want to follow https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/
there are usually a few new reports every day

All within the last 3 days besides the few above.
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/33yrdk/istick_50w_killed_itself/
and another (this one went off while he was driving)
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...you_cant_always_be_the_exception_to_the_rule/
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic.../inside_a_malfunctioning_istick_50w_no_juice/

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This stuff is pretty disconcerting. I'm glad I didn't end up with an iStick, I was close. If it were me, I would only use the factory supplied charging cables, and if you didn't get the full kit, get them. Also, I definitely wouldn't leave the thing unattended while charging.

It sucks since an internal battery pack nullifies this option, but I always charge my batteries in my dedicated charger. My iPV Mini 2 can USB charge, I just feel like I have a charger, and I trust it more. I've never even tested the USB port. I hope this doesn't become more prevalent, seems at least one person has gotten hurt already.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This stuff is pretty disconcerting. I'm glad I didn't end up with an iStick, I was close. If it were me, I would only use the factory supplied charging cables, and if you didn't get the full kit, get them. Also, I definitely wouldn't leave the thing unattended while charging.

It sucks since an internal battery pack nullifies this option, but I always charge my batteries in my dedicated charger. My iPV Mini 2 can USB charge, I just feel like I have a charger, and I trust it more. I've never even tested the USB port. I hope this doesn't become more prevalent, seems at least one person has gotten hurt already.

I hear ya. I hope nobody gets seriously injured either. Another one just vented, posted an hour ago. was brand new. http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...3ds5/the_inevitable_happened_to_my_istick50w/

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hear ya. I hope nobody gets seriously injured either. Another one just vented, posted an hour ago. was brand new. http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...3ds5/the_inevitable_happened_to_my_istick50w/

Yeah I just saw two pop up on ECR while I was on the bus to work..... With my istick 50 in my pocket lol..... Sounds like the ones that have gone bad recently have been working for a while and then just randomly overheating/autofiring. I'm thinking it's time to go for that sigelei I've been eyeballing and stop carrying this thing around with me.

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nobody really knows if the fires are from charging or not. Some are speculating fire button problems. It just so happened that these two particular examples were being charged at night while sleeping when they failed. There has been many others who's device just started firing out of the blue while not on a charger.

I don't own one but I thought I would put the info & links out there for those who do. I would want to know if I did own one.

I appreciate you posting that. I own one and on two occasions it kept firing after I let go of the button. Ive narrowed it down to having juice on the pin, which is something for others to keep in mind, that is to make sure your contacts and such are cleaned often.
Thanks again...

Edit: I just saw your post in the other thread I made. Thanks for posting that as well!!!

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I just saw two pop up on ECR while I was on the bus to work..... With my istick 50 in my pocket lol..... Sounds like the ones that have gone bad recently have been working for a while and then just randomly overheating/autofiring. I'm thinking it's time to go for that sigelei I've been eyeballing and stop carrying this thing around with me.

Check out the Eleaf warranty. It says, you have no warranty unless you bought directly from them. And even if you did buy it from them, if you used anything other than an eleaf atomizer or eleaf juice, your warranty is void. https://www.eleafus.com/warranty-terms.html

VU Sponsors