New istick saying atomizer low

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I appreciate you posting that. I own one and on two occasions it kept firing after I let go of the button. Ive narrowed it down to having juice on the pin, which is something for others to keep in mind, that is to make sure your contacts and such are cleaned often.
Thanks again...

Edit: I just saw your post in the other thread I made. Thanks for posting that as well!!!

On the center pin or a contact in the switch?

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Check out the Eleaf warranty. It says, you have no warranty unless you bought directly from them. And even if you did buy it from them, if you used anything other than an eleaf atomizer or eleaf juice, your warranty is void. https://www.eleafus.com/warranty-terms.html

Oh yeah, I was aware of that when I bought it. I don't have the $ currently to go out and get another mod so I'm kind of stuck with it for the time being. I figure if it does go nuclear on me I'll toss it like a grenade and take the parts back to the B&M I bought it from. They're always really good to us and I've seen them exchange mods (for other people) months after the sale for user error type of situations like a kid who dropped his mod and broke off the eGo threading.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh yeah, I was aware of that when I bought it. I don't have the $ currently to go out and get another mod so I'm kind of stuck with it for the time being. I figure if it does go nuclear on me I'll toss it like a grenade and take the parts back to the B&M I bought it from. They're always really good to us and I've seen them exchange mods (for other people) months after the sale for user error type of situations like a kid who dropped his mod and broke off the eGo threading.
That blows. You knew, so you made an educated decision, which I respect. However, you really have to read warranty policies. There is so much misinformation put out by vendors. What a shitty policy by Eleaf.

I totally understand the money issue, but be careful man. I'd be turning that thing off when not in use, and NEVER charge unattended. It's too bad it has an internal battery, otherwise you could at least remove them when not in use. I'd save up and ditch that thing as fast as you can. Even if you have a functional one, the way this is transpiring sounds like at least some are ticking time bombs, no way to know about yours, especially since no action has been determined as a cause.

From what I've read, just be careful everyone who has one of these, and toss it and get something else if you can. Not worth the risk. I feel for all who got one. Let's hope nobody gets hurt.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I just saw two pop up on ECR while I was on the bus to work..... With my istick 50 in my pocket lol..... Sounds like the ones that have gone bad recently have been working for a while and then just randomly overheating/autofiring. I'm thinking it's time to go for that sigelei I've been eyeballing and stop carrying this thing around with me.

And this makes the 3rd one today, maybe 4. Someone over at ECF was reporting one catching on fire too. http://imgur.com/a/J8C3L

Anyone sick and tired of the this bullshit Chinese company yet?

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That blows. You knew, so you made an educated decision, which I respect. However, you really have to read warranty policies. There is so much misinformation put out by vendors. What a shitty policy by Eleaf.

I totally understand the money issue, but be careful man. I'd be turning that thing off when not in use, and NEVER charge unattended. It's too bad it has an internal battery, otherwise you could at least remove them when not in use. I'd save up and ditch that thing as fast as you can. Even if you have a functional one, the way this is transpiring sounds like at least some are ticking time bombs, no way to know about yours, especially since no action has been determined as a cause.

From what I've read, just be careful everyone who has one of these, and toss it and get something else if you can. Not worth the risk. I feel for all who got one. Let's hope nobody gets hurt.

Oh yeah I've always been cautious with my batteries, don't leave them plugged in overnight, they always charge in a relatively fire resistant area of our house (on my workbench, on top of a marble tile) and I always try to remember to take off my atty/tank before I put it up for the night. That's before I knew about the possible issues with it. Now, I'll just be doubly careful with it and make sure that it's always in a pocket I can access it from easily so if it does start autofiring I can get it the fuck away from me asap!

If it survives for a couple more months I'll be able to replace it but we're currently planning a cross country move so my vape budget is super tight til after that. If it does make it that long I'll probably rip it apart and see what I can make out of the parts :) I love DIY and I've got another older mod (20W Vamo) I'm planning to rip the guts out of and put into a custom wood box at some point.

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So they are denying it is their problem??

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So they are denying it is their problem??
Not only are they denying it is their problem by staying completely silent and refusing to answer questions, but Eleaf says contact Joyetech for any problems, and Joyetech says contact Eleaf. The only thing this chinese company (Joyetech, who owns eleaf & ismoka) cares about, is dumping their garbage on the vape community, which is the type of thing that is going to get us regulated into hell. The only thing we can do as a community is quit buying their shit products and hope they go out of business.

Last edited:

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ugh...so unfortunate because if they put just a little effort and care into it, their products would/could be the perfect introduction to vaping.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ugh...so unfortunate because if they put just a little effort and care into it, their products would/could be the perfect introduction to vaping.
There are plenty of other companies. Sigelei has entry level products, and have never heard one single incident of the mod auto-firing into thermal run-away, or a problem that could cause harm.

btw... Sigelei has a 70w temp control mod coming soon. Don't know the particulars

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are plenty of other companies. Sigelei has entry level products, and have never heard one single incident of the mod auto-firing into thermal run-away, or a problem that could cause harm.

btw... Sigelei has a 70w temp control mod coming soon. Don't know the particulars

Yeah thats true.. Im sometimes hesitant to order online because of potential product malfunctions and customer service issues. So in some cases I'm limited to what my local BnM has in stock.

That said, I agree with your premise to shop around and look for a better product/deal. Especially with vaping, there always seems to be something "better"...

Flik Flak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

It might pay to send that email to every well known YouTube vape reviewer.
There seems to be a shit load of vapers that aren't aware of the 'problem', and keep recommending them.

Me, I'm glad I'm happy with my Innokin brick. It won't be long before one of the fires does more, than burn a hole in someone's pocket.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It might pay to send that email to every well known YouTube vape reviewer.
There seems to be a shit load of vapers that aren't aware of the 'problem', and keep recommending them.

Me, I'm glad I'm happy with my Innokin brick. It won't be long before one of the fires does more, than burn a hole in someone's pocket.
I fly quite a bit. I'm concerned about a fire in the baggage compartment on an Airliner to be quite honest. No telling how many of these fucking things are flying around the world at any given time.

Flik Flak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I fly quite a bit. I'm concerned about a fire in the baggage compartment on an Airliner to be quite honest. No telling how many of these fucking things are flying around the world at any given time.

Potential bomb on board.

It's really pissing me off now. I might copy your email if that's ok with you, and start selectively sending it.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hadn't even thought of that. Without being an alarmist, stuff like this happening so frequently with such popular a device, it's only a matter of time before someone really causes serious damage to themselves, others, or property. Not gonna get hung up on an airplane issue, but, yeah, that wouldn't be good, to say the least. I hope as many people as are able to replace these things does so. I'll say it again, I understand money being tight, but unless that was all I had, it'd be in the battery recycle bin by now. I'd rather use my one backup VV Ego twist while I saved for a new mod than risk this thing.

Eleaf and Joyetech are sure some outstanding, responsible companies, huh? I have an Eleaf ohm reader, was priced well, and it's pretty darn accurate. That's the last Eleaf product I buy.

FyrPrf1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have had my iStick 50 for a little over a month now, and have only EVER charged it with my Dell PC USB port.
No problems what so ever, yet !
I get about 2 days between charging, so Im guessing about 15 or so charging cycles on it so far.

ohms read .1 higher than my other devices most times, but other than that I have no issues thus far....
Hope it remains that way !

Just Sayin............
It's important to remember a few things.. the coils aren't all guaranteed to be exactly the stated resistance. (we'll use 0.5 ohms, as an example) See, the manufacturer is allowed a tolerance of, say.. +/-0.2 ohms... Unfortunately, what most don't realize, is that their devices are going to ALSO each probably read them differently, too. Reason being, something like the SMOK m80 plus will read all the way to the 100ths place, let us just assume accurately, for the sake of this example. Where as a device like the eLeaf iStick.. only reads to the 10ths place (as do many others) Thing is, however, we don't know if those reading to the 10ths place, are just dropping that 3rd digit completely... OR rounding up, as it would in math readings. Some probably do 1 while the rest, the other.. we just aren't told which, specifically. SO... while keeping that 1st part about the coils & their allowable tolerance in mind... Let's say the coil is boxed/marked as being 0.5 ohms... As manufactured, they may be allowed to be anywhere between 0.3 - 0.7 ohms, & still be perfectly fine, totally within normal limits anywhere in between. That being said, can't tell you how many people I've seen using an iStick 50 where... they are posting, angry... because it won't fire their new Kanger Subtank. Being that it reads/fires down to a minimum of 0.5 which is cutting it incredibly close, as is.. They are wanting to return that iStick or angry about it, immediately writing it off as crap... simply not knowing that coil is probably (again perfectly fine) but could be 0.44 ohms, so as indicated.. no, won't fire... since BELOW the devices 0.5 ohm minimum. Where, on a device reading to the hundredths place & that has a minimum of 0.2, like the SMOK x-cube.. one could see the coil reading 0.44 exactly & firing... nothing wrong with either one. Because SO many are having troubles with 'low atomizer' OR feel their devices are all reading differently... they are. Reading incorrectly, however, no... actually, they are (for the most part) not at all.... esp. once that decimal place thing & coil tolerance...... is understood... or even known. Both coil and device are perfectly fine.... manufacturers really should be clearer about that somewhere tho, cuz people who do know all that are rare AND aren't able to properly fill everyone in. .... as much as I wish we could. =) Hope that helps clear things up AND ease your mind a little bit, at least. IF you do happen to see someone having what they believe to be an 'issue' with a device reading OR a coil not working.. please PIF & pass on that info.. ... LIVE LONG(er) & VAPE ON! -Amanda/IL-

FyrPrf1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Joyetech owns eLeaf?? Last I knew & checked, Joyetech is just the distributor for some eLeaf products. They even said... "not our product" So, wondering where did you see that info/that one owns the other? Perhaps it changed. ...... Inquiring minds wanna know.. Thanks.. =) Live long(ER) & vape on!

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Joyetech owns eLeaf?? Last I knew & checked, Joyetech is just the distributor for some eLeaf products. They even said... "not our product" So, wondering where did you see that info/that one owns the other? Perhaps it changed. ...... Inquiring minds wanna know.. Thanks.. =) Live long(ER) & vape on!
Yes, Joyetech is the Mothership for eleaf, ismoka, and a few others. They are lying when they say eleaf "not our product". They have always owned eleaf.

https://trademarks.justia.com/owners/joyetech-changzhou-electronics-co-ltd-2272948/

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Set get ready go
maxresdefault.jpg

Noob here. Just bought a horizon arctic tank. Im using It on a 20w eleaf so I need a btc 1.2 ohms coil. But my problem is I'm testing it out and its saying atomizer low. I dont want to continue to buy stuff for it till I resolve this. What do I do to make it work? Reading up posts I see I need to pull the little metal piece in the eleaf up a little? I dont want to break it so I want to make sure I know what I'm supposed to do.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I FOUND THE ANSWER!
The coil! I pulled the head apart, put in ONLY the coil and everything worked fine.
When placing the mouthpiece back on, I saw the OHMS drop from 0.17 to 0.05 to 0.00 (short)
Looking inside the new coil, compared the top of the coil (old to new) and noticed the new coil wire was a little higher.
I pushed the coil wire down inside a little with a pen - and problem fixed!

The coil wire was shorting against the mouthpiece!

... david ...

VU Sponsors