Become a Patron!

New Kanger Dual Coils - 1.5, 1.0 and 0.8ohms

WilECyOT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone check the new dual coils from Kanger for the Protank3 / Aerotank? I've been testing them out on my PT3's and PT3 mini's. They have a new life! No longer limited to the 2.0ohm coils. The silicone grommet that covers the coils has been replaced with a better stainless one. Much less gurgling and leaking at higher wattage. They actually listened and did something about it.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've found them to work well with the new Kanger tanks. I have a 5 pack of the 0.8 ohm coils and will be trying one with the Giant in the near future.

.30CalSolution

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yessir, they are good. I actually prefer these new upgraded enclosed dual coil heads over the nautilus coils.
The new v2 airflow is so much better than the v1's as well.

Im pretty damned impressed with the 0.8ohm coils they are offering now. For a factory made subohm coil its real good. I run a 75-80% PG juice and have yet to flood them or get a dryhit.

For anyone that drops by and wants some good prices. Shopvaporco has $7 per 5pk with free shipping. The subohm coils i found on ebay for around $8/5pk. For v2 airflow valves myvaporstore has them. But, if you need some hard to find parts/orings i would get them through kangertechus and snag the v2 airflow controllers there. Example...those tiny 3/8" orings for the protank bases..after contacting kanger and looking all over they are the only source.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yep I have the .8 ohm coils.. they rock!!! Just let the soak in for a few before using.

Looks like Kanger made some magic.
Do these only work with the PT3 series? Are there any other tanks that these might work with (the Davide BDC possibly)?
Nice to see a few people have tried them out and enjoy them, I can't wait to pick some up and try them out.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yessir, they are good. I actually prefer these new upgraded enclosed dual coil heads over the nautilus coils.
The new v2 airflow is so much better than the v1's as well.

Im pretty damned impressed with the 0.8ohm coils they are offering now. For a factory made subohm coil its real good. I run a 75-80% PG juice and have yet to flood them or get a dryhit.

For anyone that drops by and wants some good prices. Shopvaporco has $7 per 5pk with free shipping. The subohm coils i found on ebay for around $8/5pk. For v2 airflow valves myvaporstore has them. But, if you need some hard to find parts/orings i would get them through kangertechus and snag the v2 airflow controllers there. Example...those tiny 3/8" orings for the protank bases..after contacting kanger and looking all over they are the only source.
Not so cool that ShopVaporCo doesn't list their phone number. Good thing it can be found on Yelp ... http://www.yelp.com/biz/vapor-co-westminster (note the not so glowing reviews)

Already there seems to be an issue with this store ... http://vapingunderground.com/threads/anyone-get-their-order-from-shopvaporco.2941/#post-22397

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
anyone notice silica threads coming out of the slots on their heads after a few days?

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really don't like any of the Kanger heads. The 0.8ohm have the same problem for me as the 2.0ohm, if I vape above 9.5watts the wicks burn and the flavor gets nasty. I've gone back to using the older heads rebuilding the coils and wicking with cotton. Much better than the new coils. This is a problem for any DNA30 or 20 device (including clones) for any of their coils except the 2.0 since DNAs can't reduce voltage. But even with the 2.0 coils, 9.5watts just isn't a satisfying vape for me. Even with my rebuilt coils I only run at 13 to 15watts, not pushing high power at all but the difference in vapor and flavor is huge compared to 9.5watts.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
anyone notice silica threads coming out of the slots on their heads after a few days?
I just took one out of the tank for rinsing and alcohol soaking. This is about the third go-around with this coil, and I haven't seen threads sticking out yet.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just took one out of the tank for rinsing and alcohol soaking. This is about the third go-around with this coil, and I haven't seen threads sticking out yet.
I've quite a few that the flavor wicks start migrating out of the juice holes. Not unusual at all. I think this is a flawed design with the flavor wicks between the 2 coils being put in so loosely.

FyrPrf1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks like Kanger made some magic.
Do these only work with the PT3 series? Are there any other tanks that these might work with (the Davide BDC possibly)?
Nice to see a few people have tried them out and enjoy them, I can't wait to pick some up and try them out.
Yes, they work with the Protank 3, mini pt3... T3d, Evod2, Evod2glass, Aerotank mini/mega/giant/MOW (shockingly) Universal to any dual-coiled Kanger clearomizer/glassomizer, basically. Happy vaping! (oh & they'll work with the Davide.. as long as you have the one that was converted (bdc) to use protank dual coils, that is!)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I finally got the aerotank mega with the new heads and I gotta say - Kanger finally nailed it.. and made me take back most of the terrible things I've been saying about them since the Protank 1.. No dry hits.. great vapor and flavor production - I haven't tried the sub-ohm heads but the regular 1.5 ones have been working great so far.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I finally got the aerotank mega with the new heads and I gotta say - Kanger finally nailed it.. and made me take back most of the terrible things I've been saying about them since the Protank 1.. No dry hits.. great vapor and flavor production - I haven't tried the sub-ohm heads but the regular 1.5 ones have been working great so far.
They certainly did get it right this time IMO

My aerotank mega stacks up there with my bvc tanks, and that's saying a lot. IMO the sub ohm coils are simply intended to get a decent Vape off of mechanical mods; I wouldn't expect great things from them at high wattage/voltage

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope... Never kanger heads again
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone check the new dual coils from Kanger for the Protank3 / Aerotank? I've been testing them out on my PT3's and PT3 mini's. They have a new life! No longer limited to the 2.0ohm coils. The silicone grommet that covers the coils has been replaced with a better stainless one. Much less gurgling and leaking at higher wattage. They actually listened and did something about it.
I'm sure it's just a coincidence that you can't really rebuild them.

But the 1.5ohm coils do seem to last a bit longer.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
new heads on the aerotank mega have never flooded on me..

I have several RBA's so I understand your point.. but compared to how the kanger heads USED to be.. they have come a long way back into the positive side of things more than negative.. I have used 5 heads and all 5 were good. Maybe I was just lucky so we shall see how the next 2 packs treat me

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
new heads on the aerotank mega have never flooded on me..

I have several RBA's so I understand your point.. but compared to how the kanger heads USED to be.. they have come a long way back into the positive side of things more than negative.. I have used 5 heads and all 5 were good. Maybe I was just lucky so we shall see how the next 2 packs treat me
oh men I agree with you 100% they really came a long way, but they have to do better than dual coil heads..they have to go RTA! If they want to stay in biz,IMO!
KANGER HAVE TO ADJUST with the current market... Or maybe they wanna stay where they at... FIRST TIME VAPERS!!! we shall see..

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Y
oh men I agree with you 100% they really came a long way, but they have to do better than dual coil heads..they have to go RTA! If they want to stay in biz,IMO!
KANGER HAVE TO ADJUST with the current market... Or maybe they wanna stay where they at... FIRST TIME VAPERS!!! we shall see..
i rebuild as well, but they are toys to many of us. Awesome Vape, and flavor, but not our 'daily drivers' so to speak.

Going RTA would be a poor business decision; as rba's are a tiny part of the market. Nobody quits smoking, and dives into rba's man..

I get your point, but what the market NEEDS is quality fill up, and go vapes; which are starting to trickle into the market, slowly

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Y

i rebuild as well, but they are toys to many of us. Awesome Vape, and flavor, but not our 'daily drivers' so to speak.

Going RTA would be a poor business decision; as rba's are a tiny part of the market. Nobody quits smoking, and dives into rba's man..

I get your point, but what the market NEEDS is quality fill up, and go vapes; which are starting to trickle into the market, slowly
in today's vaping world, you have to jump where the craze is, kanger is trying obviously, with its new line up, but at the same time they still want to touch the first time vapers $$$, eventually people wont even consider buying kanger products.. I DONT anymore! I started with kanger 2 years ago and I don't see any changes in the way they do things..

Last edited:

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
in today's vaping world, you have to jump where the craze is, kanger is trying obviously, with its new line up, but at the same time they still want to touch the first time vapers $$$, eventually people wont even consider buying kanger products.. I DONT anymore! I started with kanger 2 years ago and I don't see any changes in the way they do things..
I'm pretty sure you've never tried the new BVC's, or the SEALED Kanger coils. Maybe I'm wrong, but the way you post about this speaks of preconceived notions; rather than personal experience.

The average vaper is someone who quit smoking, and is looking for a fill up, and go solution; not a rebuilder. Rebuilders make up maybe 20% of the market! I can assure you. Most people don't post on forums, and even on ECF (which gets a lot more traffic than here; the PVA section gets up to 50% more views per day! compared to the APVA section.

The average ex smoker isn't twisting coils, and doing sub-ohm builds; sorry to break the news to you.

I'm not trying to diss you, or be a douche, but seriously man; be a little more open minded. I don't see my mother vaping on a kayfun anytime in the foreseeable future ;)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm pretty sure you've never tried the new BVC's, or the SEALED Kanger coils. Maybe I'm wrong, but the way you post about this speaks of preconceived notions; rather than personal experience.

The average vaper is someone who quit smoking, and is looking for a fill up, and go solution; not a rebuilder. Rebuilders make up maybe 20% of the market! I can assure you. Most people don't post on forums, and even on ECF (which gets a lot more traffic than here; the PVA section gets up to 50% more views per day! compared to the APVA section.

The average ex smoker isn't twisting coils, and doing sub-ohm builds; sorry to break the news to you.

I'm not trying to diss you, or be a douche, but seriously man; be a little more open minded. I don't see my mother vaping on a kayfun anytime in the foreseeable future ;)

I got you men...
And its the same reasonS why a lot of smokers don't succeed quitting, because they never really experience the best vaping experiences....i don't know anyone that successfully quit the habit by using the stuff you mentioned....you have to rebuild to quit 100%, its very easy to go back smoking unless you start rebuilding..
IMO!

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you both make really good points that I can relate to

I went to a smoke shop in AZ while waiting for a flight back home. walked out with this ridiculous set-up (650 battery with a clearo that lasted 2 weeks)

went with a kanger mini which was fine but I burn through 5-packs of coils once a week. so I started googling about heads...blah blah

a pack is $16 here so I'd like to rebuild the coils out of necessity - the times I've been out of coils or my battery dies (in hours) I smoke.

RTA's and rebuilds appeal to me but only to the end that I have an efficient, satisfying delivery of nicotine.

anyways, sorry for going on an on ;-)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you both make really good points that I can relate to

I went to a smoke shop in AZ while waiting for a flight back home. walked out with this ridiculous set-up (650 battery with a clearo that lasted 2 weeks)

went with a kanger mini which was fine but I burn through 5-packs of coils once a week. so I started googling about heads...blah blah

a pack is $16 here so I'd like to rebuild the coils out of necessity - the times I've been out of coils or my battery dies (in hours) I smoke.

RTA's and rebuilds appeal to me but only to the end that I have an efficient, satisfying delivery of nicotine.

anyways, sorry for going on an on ;-)

I was in the same situation Carla, I tried so many protanks 1,2,3,ICLEAR, NONE OF THIS TANK SYSTEM made me satisfied,I was even vaping on 12-18mg, I started dripping BOOM down to 6 mg, now 3mg... So good luck to all of us....VAPE ON

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was in the same situation Carla, I tried so many protanks 1,2,3,ICLEAR, NONE OF THIS TANK SYSTEM made me satisfied,I was even vaping on 12-18mg, I started dripping BOOM down to 6 mg, now 3mg... So good luck to all of us....VAPE ON
um, I huff 18...sometimes cut with 24mg I'm hoping with a better rig I can downgrade to 12mg

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I went from 2 packs a day for 30 years; to vaping 18mg on a shitty ego in one day, and never looked back. It tastes better, I get more nicotine (because I chain vape), my teeth are finally white, and it don't stink like cigs lol

I'm now on 6mg most of the time, whilst using 12 mg when I first wake up, and when I'm drinking heavy. I'll agree that the first, and second generation of tanks sucked, but the latest gen is pretty damn good. I own a couple rda's, and an rta; while I love them, I'm still impressed by the flavor, and Vape quality of the new Aspire BVC coils, and the new sealed Kangers.

I just rebuilt an old Nautilus BDC with a vertical macro coil, and cotton wrap yesterday; DAMN it's good

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are some of us that simplicity of the filler up and go tanks. My wife and I have 3 evod2 tanks and have been extremely happy with them for over three months. If it ain't broke I ain't fixin it. I/we have no desire to carry the baseball bat sized mods. I for one hope they never stop making styles like these.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are some of us that simplicity of the filler up and go tanks. My wife and I have 3 evod2 tanks and have been extremely happy with them for over three months. If it ain't broke I ain't fixin it. I/we have no desire to carry the baseball bat sized mods. I for one hope they never stop making styles like these.

Gramps, I didn't say change the way u all vape, try something else to complete the experience, u all never know,you might not go back to the the 1950's IMO...

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
^^This, is the point I'm constantly trying to make on here.

The new sealed Kanger coils work great in the Evod 2, Protank 3, Geni/Aerotank variants. Some guys got a bad taste in their mouths (pun intended) with the old 'mustache wick' coils, and insist the new sealed coils are garbage; they aren't, they're good performing coils, and I use them happily alongside my Aspire BVC setups, and Kayfun.

But I liked the 50s its my fantasy world dn it.
I'll tell you the same thing I tell my mother, I'm jealous. I'd give anything to have grown up back then; as opposed to the 70's/80's (which was still a huge improvement from now) :(

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
^^This, is the point I'm constantly trying to make on here.

The new sealed Kanger coils work great in the Evod 2, Protank 3, Geni/Aerotank variants. Some guys got a bad taste in their mouths (pun intended) with the old 'mustache wick' coils, and insist the new sealed coils are garbage; they aren't, they're good performing coils, and I use them happily alongside my Aspire BVC setups, and Kayfun.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell my mother, I'm jealous. I'd give anything to have grown up back then; as opposed to the 70's/80's (which was still a huge improvement from now) :(
Weeelll actually I growed up in the 60s and 70s but most folk think I'm a throwback from the 1860s and 1870s

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I went from 2 packs a day for 30 years; to vaping 18mg on a shitty ego in one day, and never looked back. It tastes better, I get more nicotine (because I chain vape), my teeth are finally white, and it don't stink like cigs lol

I'm now on 6mg most of the time, whilst using 12 mg when I first wake up, and when I'm drinking heavy. I'll agree that the first, and second generation of tanks sucked, but the latest gen is pretty damn good. I own a couple rda's, and an rta; while I love them, I'm still impressed by the flavor, and Vape quality of the new Aspire BVC coils, and the new sealed Kangers.

I just rebuilt an old Nautilus BDC with a vertical macro coil, and cotton wrap yesterday; DAMN it's good
gotta say I've come around to the new design on the Kanger dual coils. they're lasting way longer - especially if you clean them.

I use dark syrupy juice too.

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Would you mind sharing the process you are using for cleaning them, Carla?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B-RAD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
These new coils are amazing compared to the old dual coils. I typically only drip but my wife switched to and emow 5 weeks ago and have only had to replace one coil. I'm very impressed with the long life and the vapor production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What are people doing to go through coils so fast? I am still working on our first sets of coils after about a month with my EVOD 2 using the new Kanger dual coils and I chain vape and only sleep about 10 hours every 3 days because of chronic insomnia.

Granted I switch between 3 tanks throughout the day, and make sure I clean my chimney when I refill, and do some dry burns to clean my coils probably every 3rd or 4th fill. But other than that I've had nothing but good luck with the coils that came in my tanks.

Bill

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Would you mind sharing the process you are using for cleaning them, Carla?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sure I take mine out before they taste burnt - usually after a day and a half of heavy vaping, and leave them in vodka overnight. I give them a thorough rinse in warm water and let them dry out on paper towel.
It seems to help. Cheers -C

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to say I like this thread and love this forum because of our diversity, first off, I would like to say my favorite tanks are my aspire bdc et-s followed a close second by my iclear30 with rotatable tip, that came with my itazte mvp version 2.

Now I was a two pack a day smoker and started this journey into the vaping world by buying a X2C starter kit, then a couple of days later I moved onward to a double evod 1100 starter kit, and then onward again a few more days later to my mvp, the last onward movement was mainly because I could not turn down the price of it it was less then 30 dollars and had not been opened and they were just wanting to get rid of it. I scratched and checked and verified it was authentic and honestly have not looked back and love my mvp, so I purchased a an x6 battery and a aspire bdc et-s tank one night as I had forgotten to charge my mvp and I even love that setup during this process I have many kanger tanks and a few other batteries like a ego twist that I passed on to my wife and once she tasted my aspire bdc et-s tank she then had to have one. now my et-s on the x6 works like a charm, hers is a bit different hers has no air flow really to speak of, not sure what went sideways there. So a friend sold me a nemesis mod with a 18650 true sony battery and a tank and to be honest I dont know how to tell if this tank is a authentic or not, but the box says kayfun though on the side it has two choice the kayfun or a black russian 91% it is solid black has a interesting little symbol on the side and well to be honest, I probably wont ever use it again, I tried it, but am not using it correctly more then likely. it came with 5 foot of .28 wire and some cotton however I sold the nemesis but kept this tank as I think it is pretty neat, though I may try to get rid of it in the future, as I like where I am right now with everything. I get good flavor and good vapor from the et-s and my iclear30. My mom has stated many times she loves the simplicity of refilling the tanks, and how it is less expensive then buying her cigarettes, but my mom would not be able to use a dripper as she thinks it is to long and to complicated, same with my dad, he loves his evods, and thinks my juice I use is to strong lol I vape 24 though I have already steeped down to 24 I was at 30 and 32 when I started all this.

So in conclusion I have to say the Aspire BDC ET-S and the IClear30 are my faves through and through. Sorry for the long windedness I just wanted it understood where I was coming from in all of this.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have to say I like this thread and love this forum because of our diversity, first off, I would like to say my favorite tanks are my aspire bdc et-s followed a close second by my iclear30 with rotatable tip, that came with my itazte mvp version 2.

Now I was a two pack a day smoker and started this journey into the vaping world by buying a X2C starter kit, then a couple of days later I moved onward to a double evod 1100 starter kit, and then onward again a few more days later to my mvp, the last onward movement was mainly because I could not turn down the price of it it was less then 30 dollars and had not been opened and they were just wanting to get rid of it. I scratched and checked and verified it was authentic and honestly have not looked back and love my mvp, so I purchased a an x6 battery and a aspire bdc et-s tank one night as I had forgotten to charge my mvp and I even love that setup during this process I have many kanger tanks and a few other batteries like a ego twist that I passed on to my wife and once she tasted my aspire bdc et-s tank she then had to have one. now my et-s on the x6 works like a charm, hers is a bit different hers has no air flow really to speak of, not sure what went sideways there. So a friend sold me a nemesis mod with a 18650 true sony battery and a tank and to be honest I dont know how to tell if this tank is a authentic or not, but the box says kayfun though on the side it has two choice the kayfun or a black russian 91% it is solid black has a interesting little symbol on the side and well to be honest, I probably wont ever use it again, I tried it, but am not using it correctly more then likely. it came with 5 foot of .28 wire and some cotton however I sold the nemesis but kept this tank as I think it is pretty neat, though I may try to get rid of it in the future, as I like where I am right now with everything. I get good flavor and good vapor from the et-s and my iclear30. My mom has stated many times she loves the simplicity of refilling the tanks, and how it is less expensive then buying her cigarettes, but my mom would not be able to use a dripper as she thinks it is to long and to complicated, same with my dad, he loves his evods, and thinks my juice I use is to strong lol I vape 24 though I have already steeped down to 24 I was at 30 and 32 when I started all this.

So in conclusion I have to say the Aspire BDC ET-S and the IClear30 are my faves through and through. Sorry for the long windedness I just wanted it understood where I was coming from in all of this.
I've noticed that there were some bad batches of bdc coils, where the pin wasn't drilled properly from the factory, and they were like sucking through a tea stirrer.

Throw the head that you're currently using in hers, and see if the draw opens up.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got you men...
And its the same reasonS why a lot of smokers don't succeed quitting, because they never really experience the best vaping experiences....i don't know anyone that successfully quit the habit by using the stuff you mentioned....you have to rebuild to quit 100%, its very easy to go back smoking unless you start rebuilding..
IMO!

Ej, I don't think that you are looking at the big picture. Some of us started vaping and stay vaping only because we want to stop smoking and stay not smoking. Others start off vaping and then turn vaping into a hobby. Of the two groups, the hobbyist vapers such as yourself will most like move to, and stick with, the RTAs (RBAs... whatever...). This group will most likely never be satisfied with the Kanger style clearomizers, and are clearly not Kanger's target audience. On the other hand, there are vapers like Gramps and I. We started vaping to quit smoking, and we did it with the Kanger style clearomizers. I am 7 days away from being a 1 year non-smoker. I am 2 days away from being a 1 year vaper. I have been using Kanger Mini Protank 2s exclusively for the entire year. I have purchased 5 packs of coils, and I bought 5 Mini Protanks over the year. I have used 30 coils, which is less than 3 per month. I have a full pack of coils in my desk drawer at home. I have 2 MVP2s, 2 Kanger EVOD VV batteries, and one generic short EGO battery. I tell you all of this because I am one of the millions of vapers that does not want vaping to be a hobby. I just want a vape experience that sufficiently satisfies my desire to smoke. As such, I am not likely to ever get into the rebuild-able atomizers. Kanger will have me as a customer for life as long as they produce products that vape as well or better than the lowly Mini Protank 2.

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a areotank mega and have tried the .8 1.0 1.2 and the 1.5 coils. And none of them work right except the 1.5 they have a problem with wicking and I get dry hits no matter what I do. I'm glad they are working out for you guys though

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sold on these after reading this Thread order Placed 0.8 on the way.

Sent from my SGH-T999

San Miguel

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't understand all the excitement about the new style dual Kanger coils that fit the various Aerotanks.

The deal is ... these new coils heads don't have the exposed wick tips like the older Protank 3 style dual coils, What they have is either 4 very small holes (2 on each side) or a total of 2 elongated holes (slots).

Anyway, these very small holes will cause the wick to run dry at anything above about 10 watts of power when thicker juice (70% or more VG) is used. This thicker high VG juice is just too thick to go into those very small holes in the newer style enclosed wick Protank 3 type coil heads.

The older Protank 3 style exposed wick end type heads will wick much much better in my opinion (and they are cheaper too).

I am going to give a big thumbs-down for any of these new style Kanger enclosed wick coil heads than fit the Aerotanks.

backdoc

Member For 4 Years
disappointment in the new heads as well, went through 1.2s, as well as 1.5s etc ........a bunch to go in my stash hoping for the best, i am not pleased overall , should have known better since having no luck with the PT1,and PT2 and the former heads......love the looks of the aero mega and genitank,too bad kanger cant get their act together on the head issue

I'm fairly new to vaping (9 months) but I totally agree with Grampa. I desperately want to keep it simple. I got some Kanger T3D tanks with the 1.5 dual coils. Was amazed at how much better my cappuccino juice tastes with it. So rich and full. Have been having a bit of trouble with my batteries working on it, though. I know basically nothing about ohms, voltage, watts, etc. I have been reading up and discovered that the lower ohms will work best on a voltage of at least 4.5. Is that correct. I think I've been burning out the 1.5 dual coils using a lower voltage. I have no desire to mess with mods, etc. but I do have a variable volt battery that I am using now. I started with 24mg juice and am now down to 12. I smoked for over 40 years and was at 2 packs a day. Feels WONDERFUL not to be doing THAT anymore. Any suggestions? advise?

OKAY.... new to vaping! With these coils...do I have to stay with .80? can I use the 1.5ohm or 1.8ohm? And then...someone said you can clean these? how long do they have to soak? how long can they technically last if you can clean them? How do you know when it's time to trash them?

moostatic

Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone! I just joined this forum cuz it seems to be related mostly to what I am facing. I am currently using an X6 battery with a protank 3 and protank mega.

Protank 3 - 1.8ohm dual coil (with wick protruding out)
Protank Mega - 1.8ohm dual coil (New model with 2 holes at each side)

It appears that the old model vapes better. Not sure if it the tank that isnt giving a good density vape. So my question is:

1) What is the best ohm for my current set up?
2) It appears that with the mega, there seems to be some kind of oil condensing on the drip tip. or is there a leak?
3) Should I get a better battery such as the eleaf istick 50W?

VU Sponsors