Become a Patron!

New LG HG2 Battery

JonnyBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LG HG2 18650.png I trust LG but would really like to see this battery tested. I definitely wouldn't mind a little extra run time in the day.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Where did you find a link to the said battery?..3000mah and 20 amp continuous would be great but its not likely...If i see on the official LG site i might believe it.

Generally as MAH ratings go up ,amps come down...The highest 20 amp is 2600mah...the highest 30amp is 2200mah

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

JonnyBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Orbtronic is listing them. http://www.orbtronic.com/lg-hg2-20amp-3000mah-high-drain-imr-rechargeable-18650-battery
Interesting bit on charging.
Charging:

• Recommended Charge Constant Current: 1.5A 1500mA
  • Lg HG2 can be charged with lower charging current | charging process will take longer.
  • Maximum Charging Constant Current: 4A | 4000mA
  • Max. Charging Constant Voltage: 4.2V
  • End of charge current cutoff: 100mA
Good to know. Thanks for the link. I was needing to buy a new pair for my parallel box and saw these. Guess I'll give em a go and see for myself.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
These new 3Ah batteries are quite good. I haven't seen the LG version yet, we'll have it for testing in the next week or two, but we have tested the Samsung INR18650-30Q and it comes out very good, if you're running 15A or less it is basically a 25R with more capacity. The cycle life on the 30Q does seem a bit worse than the 25R especially running it at high current but even after reducing some in capacity with age it should remain better than the 25R, at those mid current levels.

Last edited:

JonnyBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
These new 3Ah batteries are quite good. I haven't seen the LG version yet, we'll have it for testing in the next week or two, but we have tested the Samsung INR18650-30Q and it comes out very good, if you're running 15A or less it is basically a 25R with more capacity. The cycle life on the 30Q does seem a bit worse than the 25R especially running it at high current but even after reducing some in capacity with age it should remain better than the 25R, at those mid current levels.
That's what I like to hear. I usually use the 25Rs and HE2s in my mods since I'm only pulling about 18A there. But the age of the batteries is starting to show in performance. Thank you for educating me.

JonnyBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Where did you find a link to the said battery?..3000mah and 20 amp continuous would be great but its not likely...If i see on the official LG site i might believe it.

Generally as MAH ratings go up ,amps come down...The highest 20 amp is 2600mah...the highest 30amp is 2200mah
It was in an email I used to use for group buys. I get some interesting stuff every now and then from manufacturers and distributors....of course buried under an UNGODLY amount of junk mail. They come out with some funny stuff though. This one was my favorite.icola.jpg

VU Sponsors